40th Annivetsary Jaws

rb11701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Just an FYI to other fans of this movie. It is back in the theaters in my area. The only showings were today and this upcoming Wednesday. Not sure about other areas but I wanted to use a heads up for people to lookout for it.

Finally got to see it last night.  Very cool seeing it on the big screen.  Haven't seen like that since the drive thru when it first ran way back.  I think the blu ray was a better visual version and sounded better.   This had that old movie feel to it.  Kinda nostalgic but I would have loved some better surround sound and crisper picture.

Still, it was Jaws.  That is all that mattered lol.

Guess nobody is a fan?

Big fan here! The family took me to see it on Father's Day. It was a blast to see it on the big screen with a packed house full of fans. There were many that still jumped at several scenes.

You are right about the sound. I first thought they were running it in the original mono source.

Very fun show!

Big fan here! The family took me to see it on Father's Day. It was a blast to see it on the big screen with a packed house full of fans. There were many that still jumped at several scenes.

You are right about the sound. I first thought they were running it in the original mono source.

Very fun show!
Cool! For a minute I thought I was alone in my love of the movie.

That leg being bitten off never gets old.

I do like the movie and I am a fan, but not enough to drive more than an hour one way to see it on a big screen. When I last checked, I think it was going to take about 2 hours or so if the website was right. 

I only had to drive 30 mins to see Big Trouble in Little China on the big screen again . 

Oh well..... maybe some place closer will decide to play it and then I can finally see it on the big screen.

This is probably my favorite movie and I was happy I was able to catch the Wednesday show.  It was pretty awesome to see it on the big screen (I wasn't born when it was originally released).  I agree the video and audio quality weren't as great at I was hoping, I don't think they were using a film copy, almost seemed like it was a dvd copy.  It was still great to see it on the big screen.  Only bad part was a few people doing the lines during the Indianapolis scene, that got annoying

You're not alone. Jaws is up there in my top 5 movies of all times.

Quint Is one of my favorite characters in all cinema. I drink Narragansett beer because of that badass dude.
Agreed. Imagine if Robert Shaw had never gotten the part? I don't think it was be the same movie. To think he wasn't the first choice.

Although I was sad they didn't show the extra footage in the theater. Quint busting that kids balls in the music shop is awesome.

Have you read the book yet? Some cool differences. Explains a lot about Mayor Vaughn.

I read the book a looooong time ago so I don't remember much. I do remember Quint being dragged underwater after his foot gets caught in the rope after harpooning the shark instead of being chomped down by it. I also remember Hoop dies in the shark cage instead of escaping. I expect it's due to Richard Dreyfuss playing the character and being more likable, because in the book Hoop was a dick.

EDIT:

Also I remember some kind of affair with Hooper and Brody's wife. And didn't Hoop die because Brody wouldn't bring the shark cage up or something.

IMO this is one of the few times where the movie is better than the book.

Last edited by a moderator:
OtZSmRn.gif

well it was real to me when I was a kid.

Lol. Sorry man. I wasn't trying to be dick. Guess it may have come across like that. No harm intended.

It's just that those later jaws movies just got far fetched. I mean it was a 35 ft great white iirc.

LOL, I was pulling your chain on that one lol.... even though I hate 3d movies these days, I wouldn't mind seeing that movie being converted for modern 3d viewing.

bread's done
Back