GameStop Retro Classics live

I just used a buy 2 get 1 free coupon yesterday =(.

I could have got an okay deal on some titles with the coupon.  Not garage sale prices by any means, but less then Ebay.

less than ebay, but used gamestop condition has never been good for me through the mail. I'll never order ps1 games from them, considering they are not guaranteed to include the case or manual =-/

Ok that Just a picture to a stupid ad for it. How about a actual link to where we can buy these items. That be more helpful.

It sort of sucks because it legitimatizes the inflated Ebay prices, but hopefully this is like a kid's parents jumping in on the latest fad and making it uncool, because the retro market has gone insane in the past few years.(some of the prices on there are actually decent, most are atrocious).

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody cares, those prices suck ass.
1000% accurate.

If people were expecting lower-than-ebay prices, they obviously forgot its GameStop. The only reason they know it is going to be successful is because it's less of a hassle than buying on ebay (as far as seeing the product before you buy). Unless you buying from GS online, in which I would go ebay 10/10 because you get pictures of the exact item.

The only positive thing with this whole retro GS thing, is if you are PowerUp Rewards, you get 10% off pre-owned.

1000% accurate.

If people were expecting lower-than-ebay prices, they obviously forgot its GameStop. The only reason they know it is going to be successful is because it's less of a hassle than buying on ebay (as far as seeing the product before you buy). Unless you buying from GS online, in which I would go ebay 10/10 because you get pictures of the exact item.

The only positive thing with this whole retro GS thing, is if you are PowerUp Rewards, you get 10% off pre-owned.
Since it's online you can also use the CAG16 for an additional 16% off. That said, I agree. I'd prefer to see a picture of what I'm buying. Also considering I doubt they are opening games up I'd be a little concerned to buy any above average priced game from them in case it's a bootleg.

UHHHHH WHAT? Why is this promo code not advertised in our registration email?

Freaking thank you for that! :D/
It doesn't work with older titles, at least not yet. They also advertise a PUR price but the discount doesn't apply in cart. Hopefully they both will and it's just an error for now.

It doesn't work with older titles, at least not yet. They also advertise a PUR price but the discount doesn't apply in cart. Hopefully they both will and it's just an error for now.
Ugghhhh....that sucks. Some prices on PS1 games aren't too bad with the discounts.

So Gamestop offers retro games and all everyone does is complain about the prices. Now I know why they don't even try anymore.

Last edited:
There are a number of games that I would pick up if there were some kind of sale.  Can also always hope for some kind of glitch or weird coupon as well that doesn't happen on Ebay. (assuming I actually see it or be lucky enough to use it)

But yeah, not a fan of the legitimizing prices thing.  That did not need any help.  Kicking myself for waiting so long to get into buying the games I played as a kid but never owned.

So Gamestop offers retro games and all everyone does is complain about the prices. Now I know why they don't even try anymore.
Good luck buying some rare game for ebay prices without knowing if it's complete from a big corporate business that routinely screws over customers instead of buying from reliable smaller businesses that have sold retro games all along, like JJGames that actually lists every single copy of every game they have with descriptions and pictures AND offers free shipping on every order, no minimum. I'm sure they'd love it if you traded in your copy of Super Mario RPG for $2.35 store credit so they can sell it for $50.

I feel sorry for Gamestop apologists.

Man lucky I just got like 50 rare genesis CIB and a dozen rare sega CD for peanuts.

Not from gamestop lol

These are some fair prices for retro games. If you collect cartridge loose or don't mind loose for certain games you can find decent deals.

Was going to bite on a few of these but since PUR doesn't work in the cart for some reason and the CAG16 also says it doesn't work, I'll pass.

well technically 72 for conkers is below ebay going rate. add a cag16 discount (if they start using it) and youll end up at ~60 for it, which is a fair deal.

Man lucky I just got like 50 rare genesis CIB and a dozen rare sega CD for peanuts.

Not from gamestop lol

These are some fair prices for retro games. If you collect cartridge loose or don't mind loose for certain games you can find decent deals.
Get any working designs Sega CD games? If so shoot me a PM if you're willing to sell.

Also, on that note -- I see that they completely ignored retro hand-held and SegaCD or 32x :(

Not from gamestop lol

Get any working designs Sega CD games? If so shoot me a PM if you're willing to sell.

Also, on that note -- I see that they completely ignored retro hand-held and SegaCD or 32x :(

Yeah if those worked it wouldn't be a bad deal on some games. Otherwise, it just plain old sucks ass. And, all of the good prices are pretty much sold out and not available at any store near me.

when will all gamestop's accept trade in for these games?

i have conker's bad fur day and blattletoads and would be willing to trade them in once the rare classics collection for xbox one is released

i have conker's bad fur day and blattletoads and would be willing to trade them in once the rare classics collection for xbox one is released

Do they have Super Mario Bros for NES? I hear there's a rare version that also has Duck Hunt on the same cartridge. Anyone hear of this before?

I would trade them in before to be honest but who knows if they will accept them. What stores have these classic games? None of the stores near me have any :(

EDIT: Oops, sorry for the double post.

Ok so my local stores have nothing and what I want isn't within 100 miles, but if they start taking these games in ... then this could be a good alternative to ebay as I could at least hit a store and look at a copy of something before forking over the money.

Was gonna pick up a couple titles, but got scared at getting scummy discs only. I'll just sit on the side and see what everyone gets :)

Ugh, Sega Smash Pack: Volume 1 on the Sega Dreamcast.  I remember buying that hoping to relive some memories.  The horrible audio.  At first, I thought my copy was defective. 

Now that I think about it, I'm glad Sega Genesis Collection and Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection were released.

Every single title I looked at is priced higher than my local game store.  I didn't expect it to be lower, but I had a little hope.

I'm also in the same boat as other people.  I'm afraid gamestop will not understand what the retro market wants, and that is copies worthy of adding to a collection.  I'd be fucking pissed if I, for example, bought Mega Man Legends and got shipped the disc in a sleeve/generic case...unless all copies come complete (minus any system that shipped games in cardboard boxes), I will never buy any retro game from gamestop online.

bread's done
Back