* * * - - 5 votes

50% trade bonus coupon at Gamestop valid 7/13-7/19 + 7/27-08/2 (Do not sell or trade your coupon in this thread!)

#3241 blackbeard4886  

blackbeard4886

Posted Today, 04:44 AM

Treat accessories the same as games (max of 4 every 30 days), just to be safe.

When does the 30 days start (Ex. July 1-31) or does it start the first day I trade that game (Ex. July 15- Aug 15)?

#3242 blackbeard4886  

blackbeard4886

Posted Today, 04:47 AM

Sorry double post

#3243 CaptainJoel   Where there's Smoke, there's Fire CAGiversary!   14129 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted Today, 04:48 AM

What was the number immediately after the dash?

EX: EBC3049409-x123456

Anyone that had a "7" where the "x" is had codes that didn't work before... will be interesting to determine if they fixed this problem or if you had a normal working code that was just typed in wrong.

Yep, mine was EBC3049409-7PGHQV4M and didn't work at all at the other two stores I went to, but it worked fine at the last store without needing to do anything extra. Either that or the wonderful cashier just adjusted it all manually without bringing it up. Either way, I'm happy and out of this whole thing now.

Now if I could just find some $25 Kindle gift cards.

#3244 Darby27   2 Legit 2 Quit! CAGiversary!   6607 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:05 AM

Yep, mine was EBC3049409-7PGHQV4M and didn't work at all at the other two stores I went to, but it worked fine at the last store without needing to do anything extra. Either that or the wonderful cashier just adjusted it all manually without bringing it up. Either way, I'm happy and out of this whole thing now.

Now if I could just find some $25 Kindle gift cards.

Look at the receipt.  If it says "promotion not found" under each item, it was done manually.

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

#3245 Rick4Life  

Posted Today, 05:09 AM

What time do they usually update trade values?

#3246 sovereignNX-73811   Classified as his own niche of a niche CAG Veteran   3690 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted Today, 05:11 AM

All right peeps, if some of you want to be ready for tomorrow I'm giving away 15 coupon codes that DO NOT have 7 after the dash. Just PM me the name of the Newegg rep and I'll send you one. Get it wrong and...something will happen...

THEY ARE GONE! 

Infamously known to post this gif waaay too much:

Spoiler

Current Playlist: 

Spoiler

#3247 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   1693 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

What time do they usually update trade values?

1 am CST

Trying to find time for video games, while also trying to be a decent college student.

Currently Playing:  :ps4: Bloodborne / Destiny   :ps3: Assassin's Creed: Rogue / Destiny  :vita: Child of Light   :wiiu: Super Smash Bros.  :3ds: Monster Hunter Ultimate 4

Most Recently Beat:   :vita: Mortal Kombat   :ps4: Mortal Kombat X   :ps4: Life Is Strange - Episode 1: Chrysalis

"Sony gave me a partial refund on a Wii U game."

#3248 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   629 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Sorry double post

Your avatar terrifies me to my very core.

#3249 elessar123   "AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER." CAGiversary!   10573 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:13 AM

Everyone, can you check your receipts? If you have used the code already, can you post just the number/letter AFTER the dash?

You probably already have confirmation, but yes.

1x -7####### didn't work,

3x -8####### did

Rest of my codes don't have 7s, so I guess I only have one invalid.

elessar123.png

#3250 Kevlar338   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   749 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Kevlar338

Posted Today, 05:22 AM

To all those people with their X-Files like theories about getting banned for trading in a 1000$ worth of items in a 30 day period I can tell you from experience it's not true .
Robocop vs Terminator for Sega genesis ... Probably my favorite game ever created .

#3251 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1142 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:24 AM

1 am CST

People say if it's the same by 3-4am EST, it'll stay that for the rest of the day.

#3252 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   6510 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted Today, 05:27 AM

To all those people with their X-Files like theories about getting banned for trading in a 1000$ worth of items in a 30 day period I can tell you from experience it's not true .

the_truth_is_out_there_by_skpltnk-d380er

Open spoiler at your own risk.

Spoiler

#3253 Kevlar338   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   749 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Kevlar338

Posted Today, 05:31 AM

the_truth_is_out_there_by_skpltnk-d380er

haha I was waiting for that ... didn't take long .
Robocop vs Terminator for Sega genesis ... Probably my favorite game ever created .

#3254 elessar123   "AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER." CAGiversary!   10573 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:31 AM

I hope not, cause I just realized I traded in that today. But I'm going to just expect to be banned, and be pleasantly surprised if I'm not.

elessar123.png

#3255 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   4322 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted Today, 05:33 AM

Has anyone been ban before though, if so is it a temp or permanent ban?

#3256 ants718  

Posted Today, 05:37 AM

Is anyone having problems keeping track of game limits on what they traded into gamestop and bestbuy gcu limit?!? My goodness! the threat of being banned is stressing me out. I have gcu for 12 years and I do not want to get banned. Oh and Yes, I am aware gamestop has a computerized record but still!!

#3257 QSilverTwo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

QSilverTwo

Posted Today, 05:41 AM

Has anyone been ban before though, if so is it a temp or permanent ban?

I think only the 4th time is permanent.  Something like 1st time is 30 days, 2nd 90 days, and 3rd 180 days maybe.  One of my accounts I got the 30 day ban last May for trading a fifth copy.  That was when we all thought it was the sixth copy that triggered the ban. 

I really wouldn't be surprised if after this week they lower the undisclosed copy limit to 3 or possibly only 2 per 30 days.  I hope they don't but honestly I would if I were them.

#3258 sovereignNX-73811   Classified as his own niche of a niche CAG Veteran   3690 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted Today, 06:06 AM

Well that was fast...All of my coupons for now are gone...

Infamously known to post this gif waaay too much:

Spoiler

Current Playlist: 

Spoiler

#3259 DietKFC   Avid Emo Kingdom Hearts Fan CAGiversary!   692 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:23 AM

Guys what's the limit of how many copies of a specific game you can trade in? 

I feel like going back tomorrow and guaranteeing my perma-ban. It'll be a great story to tell on my first date with a female.

#3260 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   1693 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:29 AM

I feel like going back tomorrow and guaranteeing my perma-ban. It'll be a great story to tell on my first date with a female.

Congrats on the first date!

Trying to find time for video games, while also trying to be a decent college student.

Currently Playing:  :ps4: Bloodborne / Destiny   :ps3: Assassin's Creed: Rogue / Destiny  :vita: Child of Light   :wiiu: Super Smash Bros.  :3ds: Monster Hunter Ultimate 4

Most Recently Beat:   :vita: Mortal Kombat   :ps4: Mortal Kombat X   :ps4: Life Is Strange - Episode 1: Chrysalis

#3261 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   1693 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:30 AM

4 will get you flagged, 5 will get you banned. Too many 4's will also get you banned.

On a side note, I'm at $1,658.74 in the past 30 days and haven't been banned...yet. Will report back with another hopefully successful trade!

#3262 prelude_cheapo  

prelude_cheapo

Posted Today, 06:32 AM

Does it matter which console the 4 games are for? Can I do 4 of the same for xbox than 4 of the exact same for ps4?

I need to change my stupid screen name.

#3263 jgibbons83   JGibbons83 CAG Veteran   152 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

jgibbons83

Posted Today, 06:32 AM

And as far as buying lego Jurassic from best buy, the limit is 3 per console correct? So if I buy 3 of each I'm ok but over 3 and I'm in trouble?

#3264 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   1693 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:33 AM

Does it matter which console the 4 games are for? Can I do 4 of the same for xbox than 4 of the exact same for ps4?

Yes. You can do 4 :ps4: and 4 :xb1: