* * * * - 6 votes

50% trade bonus coupon at Gamestop valid 7/13-7/19 + 7/27-08/2

#4621 Kevlar338   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:33 AM

Story time ... I find it surpising how many horror stories people have in regards to gamestop employees , I've only had one . Well , prior to today that is . My last stop at my secondary store and there is a new asm that took my trade . First off he almost doesn't take my 3ds games that are in the clear plastic shell they sell the used games in . He asks if I have a receipt , so I say "for what" ? He says "we dont normally take games that are still in the package". I'm thinking to myself is this guy for real ? I explain to him they are not "in the package" and that I was doing him a favor by keeping the in the cases with barcode on them . He decides to "do it this one time". Then I sign for the trade and I say I'm going to put the balance on my card . He says "no I have to put it on a trade card , that silver card is only for points ". I tell him no the pur card is also a trade card and I prefer to put the amount on it because it's easier to keep track of my balance. He's adamant that the pur card is only for points and you can't put trade credit on it . I tell him that's wrong and he's telling me I'm wrong. At this point I'm thinking is this guy fucking with me or what . I tell him , dude I can prove it you and buy something with my card. He comes back with "I can't complete your trade in without putting it on a separate trade card". At this point idk if I was more angry or shocked at how much of an idiot this guy is , especially seeing as he's the asm. In the end I took the trade card and politely told him he was wrong and I could prove it to him If I wanted to , but I won't. I know , I know , roast his ass on a survey and all that . Most people don't realize this but a negative survey counts as a negative mark on the store as a whole , not just the employee individually. Don't want to do that since the store manager is a great guy . I'm going to call the manager myself and let him know what happened and handle it however he wants.

#4622 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2888 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:42 AM

Story time ... I find it surpising how many horror stories people have in regards to gamestop employees , I've only had one . Well , prior to today that is . My last stop at my secondary store and there is a new asm that took my trade . First off he almost doesn't take my 3ds games that are in the clear plastic shell they sell the used games in . He asks if I have a receipt , so I say "for what" ? He says "we dont normally take games that are still in the package". I'm thinking to myself is this guy for real ? I explain to him they are not "in the package" and that I was doing him a favor by keeping the in the cases with barcode on them . He decides to "do it this one time". Then I sign for the trade and I say I'm going to put the balance on my card . He says "no I have to put it on a trade card , that silver card is only for points ". I tell him no the pur card is also a trade card and I prefer to put the amount on it because it's easier to keep track of my balance. He's adamant that the pur card is only for points and you can't put trade credit on it . I tell him that's wrong and he's telling me I'm wrong. At this point I'm thinking is this guy fucking with me or what . I tell him , dude I can prove it you and buy something with my card. He comes back with "I can't complete your trade in without putting it on a separate trade card". At this point idk if I was more angry or shocked at how much of an idiot this guy is , especially seeing as he's the asm. In the end I took the trade card and politely told him he was wrong and I could prove it to him If I wanted to , but I won't. I know , I know , roast his ass on a survey and all that . Most people don't realize this but a negative survey counts as a negative mark on the store as a whole , not just the employee individually. Don't want to do that since the store manager is a great guy . I'm going to call the manager myself and let him know what happened and handle it however he wants.

The first store I went to, the employee handling my transaction was trying to argue in front of me with a co worker in regards to his attitude (though the guy was just doing his job). I'm not writing that on the survey because in the end the employee handled my trade ins quick and even fixed the fact I was trying to upgrade to PUR Pro (he forgot to add it after the fact, was doing things too quickly). He had to call customer service to get a new code since he had to redo the trade in. I caught his mistake when I got back to my car because I was wondering why I was seeing lesser then $56 for some games (Kirby Dream Collection, Diablo 3 Ultimate). Always got to check those receipts...

#4623 elessar123  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:49 AM

Looks like the madness is finally over.

Once again, the world is safe. But... for how long?

Suddenly, I have Mega Man music stuck in my head.

#4624 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2713 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:59 AM

Seriously how did I miss this? I'm on here over 15 times a day lol. Seems you guys made out pretty well. I remember being excited for getting $400 when Walmart did the extra trade bonus. This completely blows that out of the water. Great job guys!

#4625 fuze9   piddle patrol, assemble! CAGiversary!   817 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:04 AM

ebc3049409-r8qr7v34

#4626 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11238 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:34 AM

ebc3049409-r8qr7v34

Thanks just used this code.

#4627 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4263 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:37 AM

Zestria? Do it. I did.

Now come at me lurkers. You have 20 minutes!

Ebc304909-86n43chr

Ebc304909-86n439s9

Ebc304909-8dmgr1vv

No, don't!

You'll be mobbed!

#4628 tbassett   MW2 Still King CAGiversary!   1012 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:42 AM

RIP 50℅ bonus trade in deal. You may be gone, but will never be forgotten

#4629 paulwekiva   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:43 PM

Bringing in the carts in GS's plastic cases is going to raise red flags for some people.  He might have known about the crazy flips and could have been trying to protect his store.  It's better to be low key and not make a fuss when you're beating the system.  I took off stickers from game cases before trading in (also put some discs in a cd holder).  

#4630 jacknicklson  

jacknicklson

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:42 PM

I did the same Had my wife and kids peeling of anything gamestop related as I drove to different stores

#4631 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6668 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:49 PM

I did the same Had my wife and kids peeling of anything gamestop related as I drove to different stores

giphy.gif

#4632 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1502 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:23 PM

I feel like a thief. Using the trade in bump this weekend and the 50% promo, I got $408 in trades and bought a Halo MCC XB1 bundle. Finally completed my trio of current-gen consoles again.

I even had enough left to pay off Rare Replay in full. So even if my XB1 collects dust in between major exclusive releases (all I'll use it for) I won't feel as guilty knowing I paid nothing out of pocket for the system. 

I got $72 for Pikmin 3, $40 for Smash 3DS and NSMB2, $56 for Fire Emblem, $40 for a Dual Shock 4 with a left analog that hangs (sorry next buyer!) and $32 for Black Ops 2 on Wii U and $32 for Twilight Princess Wii.

My only regret is on Friday when I got estimates, my Playstation TV traded in for like $16. On Saturday when I took the trades in, I only got $10. Didn't notice til I got home. Would have kept it just to replay P4G if I had realized. Oh well, I feel a $19.99 brand new or used sale coming on soon, I can always rebuy it. I only paid $30 used a month ago anyway, not a huge loss.

Long story short: I did good this weekend!

#4633 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2888 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:27 PM

Just realized the employee from my first trade in accidentally scanned one game twice. I was told that they couldn't take in two of the same game / platform. POS didn't stop him, though wonder if they will somehow fix it when they realize they only have one.

#4634 Gamestop Clerk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Gamestop Clerk

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:31 PM

I was able to bring a bunch of my retro yesterday using the coupon and got about $800.. I was amazed how much money I got for some of the games. 

#4635 righteousalive   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

righteousalive

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:38 PM

Just realized the employee from my first trade in accidentally scanned one game twice. I was told that they couldn't take in two of the same game / platform. POS didn't stop him, though wonder if they will somehow fix it when they realize they only have one.

The POS will allow them to take the game. It's just a "rule" they're supposed to follow. And they can't adjust it once the trade is done. Your in the clear.

#4636 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5884 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:58 PM

Forgot the 50% ended. Was going to use my last code today but can't. Oh well.

#4637 pstash78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:37 PM

Forgot the 50% ended. Was going to use my last code today but can't. Oh well.

Name change to "ThatOneGuyWhoLags"?

#4638 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5884 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:21 AM

Name change to "ThatOneGuyWhoLags"?

HA!