* * * * * 1 votes

(GMG) 40% off Batman: Arkham Knight with code: BETHEB-ATMANG-MG40PC

GMG Batman arkham knight arkham knight batman: arkham knight deal code green man gaming

#1 scarfino   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

scarfino

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:12 PM

GreenManGaming is running this deal until Friday per their website (screenshot attached).

I picked the game up using this code for $36.00 USD :D

Unfortunately the code doesn't work on the Season Pass, but there are many 20% off codes floating around that could be used if you wanted it.

The code is : BETHEB-ATMANG-MG40PC

LHLuMmV.png

#2 dEvAnGeL   sHaMe oN yOu! CAGiversary!   785 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:14 PM

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME, is one of the worst PC porst ive played, to put in to perspective Assassins Creed Unity was great compared to this, do not buy it, GMG wont give a refund so do yourself a favor and stay away from this, if you dont believe me just read the steam reviews

http://store.steampo...com/app/208650/

#3 scarfino   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

scarfino

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:16 PM

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME, is one of the worst PC porst ive played, to put in to perspective Assassins Creed Unity was great compared to this, do not buy it, GMG wont give a refund so do yourself a favor and stay away from this

Did you download the new nvidia drivers? it runs great for me after I updated. 

Here's a link just in case you need it! http://www.geforce.c...driver-released

#4 dEvAnGeL   sHaMe oN yOu! CAGiversary!   785 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:21 PM

if you mean great at 30 frames than might as well get the ps4 version, i have a 980ti and this game is poorly optimized and yes i have the new drivers, the game basically has no graphics options, it is a terrible port

major websites are starting to report on the matter

http://www.dsogaming...on-screenshots/

http://www.ign.com/a...88dffa31b00000b

http://www.forbes.co...as-no-surprise/

and i could keep posting links but the point is to stay away from it, if you really want to try it out just buy it on steam and see for yourself and then request a refund, if you buy on GMG you're screwed, buy at your own risk, you have been warned

#5 synnarc   Lord of the VRAM CAGiversary!   1579 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:51 PM

I have a great PC with up to date AK optimized drivers and it runs like crap for me as well. The PC version was outsourced and done poorly. Pass or buy it on a console.

#6 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:11 PM

I have a great PC with up to date AK optimized drivers and it runs like crap for me as well. The PC version was outsourced and done poorly. Pass or buy it on a console.

or ask for a refund if you bought it from steam

#7 EndZero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   341 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:52 AM

it is such a great game, better than Arkham City, I think you're better off paying for the best experience on PS4. The PC port is very bad.

#8 Alkalinejoe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   416 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Alkalinejoe

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:09 AM

If you need a batman fix I recommend playing the other ones or Shadow of Mordor (similar fight system). This game is FPS locked to 30 and is horribly optimized for PC. Wait on this until (or if) this game gets patched.

#9 madcatz1999   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   699 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

madcatz1999

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:36 PM

FWIW, Rocksteady's Community Manager put out a statement yesterday saying they're aware of the issues and working to fix them.

BTW, the 30 fps cap can be changed by editing the settings file.

#10 blah29   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:53 PM

FWIW, Rocksteady's Community Manager put out a statement yesterday saying they're aware of the issues and working to fix them.

BTW, the 30 fps cap can be changed by editing the settings file.

He also mentioned that the PC port was not worked on at RockSteady but another studio. This is just horrible. WB has a really shoddy history with PC ports. It really depends on the development house they use. Plus the batman pc games have always had HORRID DRM that can prematurely kill your SSD because it constantly encrypts and decrypts stuff related to the game, EVEN WHEN YOU ARE NOT RUNNING IT!! They should have learned there lesson from The Witcher 3 guys, who sold like gangbusters, even though the game has ZERO DRM on it, wrecking havoc on people's PCs!

...from just one review on this game on steam...

"Game also uses Denuvo DRM which has been reported in previous games that used this such as Dragon Age or Lord of the Fallen to have performance problems associated because of the processes behind the DRM. It is my hope that this title doesn't see any performance impacts because of the DRM implementation, but sadly I think it is...once again. Seriously, do we need ANOTHER layer of DRM on top of the already existing DRM (Steam?) Ugh."

#11 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5759 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:27 PM

Runs great for me too.

Also, the comment that the game has "basically no graphics options" is just false. There are LOD, Texture, Shadow, and Anti-Aliasing options in addition to the standard Resolution and VSync options. There are also four NVidia GameWorks options to mess with if you have that brand of card.

Pay attention to the recommended specs if you are thinking of buying -- they actually mean something. There are probably performance issues that still need to be ironed out (in addition to the usual AMD woes), but I'm willing to bet that, for most people who own a PC with the recommended specs and an NVidia card, the game runs fine.

As usual, the internet is full of a lot of hysterics and repeaters from people that don't even own the game -- or have a sub-recommended PC and are flabbergasted that they can't run it like Asylum or City. The vast majority of articles I've seen posted simply refer to the Steam user reviews or Metacritic user reviews (and we all know how those are always 100% accurate) and NeoGAF threads.

Again, there are probably issues for many (which, hopefully are ironed out because this is a great game), but there's also a lot of bullshit. No need for hyperbole -- wait for the real articles that delve into actual testing of the game so that we get a better idea of why these problems are happening.

And from a CAG point of view -- why worry? It's only going to get cheaper. Time is your ally if you are worried about performance.

#12 madcatz1999   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   699 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

madcatz1999

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:35 PM

Statement put out by GMG today:

Warner Bros. are currently working on a patch which we are hoping will be released soon. We want you to enjoy your game, but if after the fix has been released, you still cannot play your game, we will process refund requests for the game.

Not the greatest that you have to wait an unspecified period of time for a WB patch, but still better than nothing.

#13 dEvAnGeL   sHaMe oN yOu! CAGiversary!   785 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:13 AM

i called it, game has been pulled form steam and wont be sold on PC anymore until is completly fixed

#14 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5759 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:35 AM

i called it, game has been pulled form steam and wont be sold on PC anymore until is completly fixed

You called it? You predicted the game would be pulled from Steam and won't be sold on PC anymore until it is completly (sic) fixed?

R U from the futar?

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:57 PM

Runs great for me too.

Also, the comment that the game has "basically no graphics options" is just false. There are LOD, Texture, Shadow, and Anti-Aliasing options in addition to the standard Resolution and VSync options. There are also four NVidia GameWorks options to mess with if you have that brand of card.

Pay attention to the recommended specs if you are thinking of buying -- they actually mean something. There are probably performance issues that still need to be ironed out (in addition to the usual AMD woes), but I'm willing to bet that, for most people who own a PC with the recommended specs and an NVidia card, the game runs fine.

As usual, the internet is full of a lot of hysterics and repeaters from people that don't even own the game -- or have a sub-recommended PC and are flabbergasted that they can't run it like Asylum or City. The vast majority of articles I've seen posted simply refer to the Steam user reviews or Metacritic user reviews (and we all know how those are always 100% accurate) and NeoGAF threads.

Again, there are probably issues for many (which, hopefully are ironed out because this is a great game), but there's also a lot of bullshit. No need for hyperbole -- wait for the real articles that delve into actual testing of the game so that we get a better idea of why these problems are happening.

And from a CAG point of view -- why worry? It's only going to get cheaper. Time is your ally if you are worried about performance.

And what are you basing this on?  The idea that a lot of the complaints are "reposts" from people who don't even have the game?

That seems to be the popular defense for anybody who feels they need to stand up for a game with legitimate errors, and I just don't get it.  The other day I voiced my dissatisfaction about Splatoon's paper-thin online modes/content, lack of lobbies/matchmaking invites, and of course no voice chat, and was met with people telling me how I hadn't even played the game..... WTF?  

I think the idea of pre-ordering digital content is moronic as Fuck and will have no part of it, but I had been planning to get this game had the PC reviews been decent.  These "reposts" and the "false" articles no doubt saved me money and a lot of heartache so I am grateful.  But WB Interactive isn't some 2 bit indie publisher, they should really no better and I can't imagine that these issues weren't brought up in the testing phase (assuming it was even properly tested, I read on either Kotaku or Forbes that the PC port was subcontracted to some outfit with a dozen men and virtually no experience with PC gaming).

I really hope they fix these issues soon, but the fact that the game ever even saw the light of day in this condition doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.  This has easily been my most anticipated game for some time, and it'd suck if I had to break down and buy a console because of the incompetence of what are supposed to be AAA devs.

I guess what I'm saying is people wouldn't complain about these issues if they didn't exist.  I haven't read anything about the lack of graphical options myself, but I have read a complaint or two about how ineffectual the settings are.  And I'd imagine people complaining about graphics are at least meeting the recommended specs, although there shouldn't be any framerate issues or problems with freezing with even the minimum specs should there?

#16 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5759 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:51 PM

And what are you basing this on?  The idea that a lot of the complaints are "reposts" from people who don't even have the game?

That seems to be the popular defense for anybody who feels they need to stand up for a game with legitimate errors, and I just don't get it.  The other day I voiced my dissatisfaction about Splatoon's paper-thin online modes/content, lack of lobbies/matchmaking invites, and of course no voice chat, and was met with people telling me how I hadn't even played the game..... WTF? 

Here's the thing... the first posts about the game complained about the FPS lock -- easily fixed. Then we started to hear about uneven performance and stuttering -- in PC gaming, experience is highly subjective and hardware setups are infinitely variable. Not everyone follows recommended configurations, many don't know how to properly configure their hardware, and everyone has a different idea of the ideal gaming experience. To make matters worse, there were people buying the game in order to leave a negative review, and then immediately requesting refunds. The first articles being posted weren't investigative, but just focused on negative user reports.

All I was saying is that instead of everyone stirring the pot, that it would be better to wait and see results from reliable testing in order to understand the problem fully; then go crazy, if you like. Lots of misinformation was being repeated, which just takes away from legitimate complaints.

Ultimately, the complaints were a good thing because it led to Warner Bros taking action. Unfortunately, we had to endure the crowds of giddy trolls and shit-stirrers to get to actual issues.

#17 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3717 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:38 PM

it is such a great game, better than Arkham City, I think you're better off paying for the best experience on PS4. The PC port is very bad.

I have it on the ONE (ordered it before I got my PS4) and it runs great.  My guess is the FPS is a tad lower on the ONE than the PS4, but I believe the resolution on both is the same.

#18 synnarc   Lord of the VRAM CAGiversary!   1579 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:56 PM

I have a decent system with an i7 4790k, 16GB ram, and a 290x and it still runs terrible for me. The batmobile chase was unplayable for me even after making changes. I'm work on enterprise servers for a living so my PC knowledge is probably above average and it still play like crap.

#19 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5759 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:10 PM

I have a decent system with an i7 4790k, 16GB ram, and a 290x and it still runs terrible for me. The batmobile chase was unplayable for me even after making changes. I'm work on enterprise servers for a living so my PC knowledge is probably above average and it still play like crap.

There's your problem, unfortunately -- AMD. I have a similar system 4790k, 16 GB RAM... but a GTX 970 and it runs great.

#20 dEvAnGeL   sHaMe oN yOu! CAGiversary!   785 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:55 AM

There's your problem, unfortunately -- AMD. I have a similar system 4790k, 16 GB RAM... but a GTX 970 and it runs great.

i have a 980ti and the game runs like shit

#21 GaveUpTomorrow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1840 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

GaveUpTomorrow

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:28 AM

Are your drivers up to date?  Do you have a powerful processor (I am guessing you do since you have the 980ti)?  Is your game installed to an SSD?  Have you performed many of the ini tweaks posted online for enhanced performance?  I have a 770 GTX with a FX 8320 and game runs smooth for me a majority of the time.  The ini tweaks and moving the game to an SSD is what helped my performance the most.  I would still like it to perform even better of course, but it is definitely playable with about 3 hours into the game so far.

#22 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5759 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:35 AM

What are your other specs? See the above post for additional tips. Your card is a step above mine and it should be able to handle the game at a reasonable resolution.

#23 Narukami   http://i.imgur.com/J8SRXIT.jpg The hype is dead. CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:05 AM

Old_computer_2.jpg

i hav ths. wil it run Arkam?

#24 Reraise   No Sale, No Buy! CAGiversary!   642 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:07 AM

Old_computer_2.jpg

i hav ths. wil it run Arkam?

Probably, because the coding on this game is from the stone age

#25 Haar  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:46 AM

What's really strange is that I have a 7870 and the game will dip to 30 FPS at worst during the Batmobile parts, but usually stay around 50-60 FPS otherwise. All I did was download the drivers AMD added the day the game released and changed the max FPS in the config file to 60.

Before I downloaded the drivers, though, it was stuttering every few seconds no matter what I did. I'm just surprised that my GPU doesn't even fit the new minimum requirements (which they posted less than a day before the game released, by the way) and yet I'm doing better than people who have current-gen GPUs that would smoke mine. I'm going to assume it's because I'm running all settings at their lowest and most people are wanting better than that (which I don't blame them for, obviously, but with my GPU, I wasn't going in expecting max settings in the first place).

#26 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5759 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:16 PM

Well, Rocksteady has its best engineers on the problem now, so maybe things will get sorted. I can't see how it won't given that the game runs on a modified UE3, same as the last, and it runs nicely on consoles, which are easily bested by good PC hardware. Hopefully it won't take too long.

#27 dno1stunner   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

dno1stunner

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:48 PM

you can get it at cdkeys .com

for 19.99

includes Harley Quinn DLC and 52 skin pack

#28 dEvAnGeL   sHaMe oN yOu! CAGiversary!   785 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:40 PM

Are your drivers up to date?  Do you have a powerful processor (I am guessing you do since you have the 980ti)?  Is your game installed to an SSD?  Have you performed many of the ini tweaks posted online for enhanced performance?  I have a 770 GTX with a FX 8320 and game runs smooth for me a majority of the time.  The ini tweaks and moving the game to an SSD is what helped my performance the most.  I would still like it to perform even better of course, but it is definitely playable with about 3 hours into the game so far.

What are your other specs? See the above post for additional tips. Your card is a step above mine and it should be able to handle the game at a reasonable resolution.

i7 2600k OC'd @4.7, 16 gigs of ram OC'd @ 2000Mhz, samsung evo 850 500GB, EVGA 980ti SC ACX 2.0 w/BP core clock OC'd to 1450, i think i have a good PC and the fact that people run the game on PC at 30 frames and call it "smooth" it just baffles me, you really think i built a gaming PC to play games at 30 frames? i can easily play this game on 4k at 30 frames with no drops and get a "smooth" experience but the fact that you have to tweak the ini to get 60 frames is a sign that the port is bad, the frame lock was put in place to hide the textures streaming issue when sometimes a texture wont even load after 5 minutes, the incredibly bad memory leak the games has when sometimes it uses up to 9GB of your ram and how about the game missing rain shaders and ambient occlusion? the port in simply a mess, if you think 30 is a "smooth" experience than power to you, but for me is unacceptable , now, have a look at the missing visual effects that the console versions do have on the link

http://www.eurogamer...visual-features

#29 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5759 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:45 PM

i7 2600k OC'd @4.7, 16 gigs of ram OC'd @ 2000Mhz, samsung evo 850 500GB, EVGA 980ti SC ACX 2.0 w/BP core clock OC'd to 1450, i think i have a good PC and the fact that people run the game on PC at 30 frames and call it "smooth" it just baffles me, you really think i built a gaming PC to play games at 30 frames? i can easily play this game on 4k at 30 frames with no drops and get a "smooth" experience but the fact that you have to tweak the ini to get 60 frames is a sign that the port is bad, the frame lock was put in place to hide the textures streaming issue when sometimes a texture wont even load after 5 minutes, the incredibly bad memory leak the games has when sometimes it uses up to 9GB of your ram and how about the game missing rain shaders and ambient occlusion? the port in simply a mess, if you think 30 is a "smooth" experience than power to you, but for me is unacceptable , now, have a look at the missing visual effects that the console versions do have on the link

http://www.eurogamer...visual-features

Oh, you're wanting to play maxed out at 4k? Well it doesn't look like that's going to happen unless you upgrade or Rocksteady pulls off a miracle.

Here are some benchmarks.

Every experience is subjective since all of our expectations are not the same, but you said you can run the game at 30 fps with no drops at 4k. Then you say the game "runs like shit". While it doesn't meet your expectations, and it's certainly not what it should be, it's exactly the same experience you'd get on a PS4 (minus the few nice graphical options). Plus you're running at 4k.

You're running the game at a steady framerate at an ultra resolution -- it's far better than those with lesser hardware who are having a difficult time even playing the game. You have every right to complain since it's your money, but it kinda sounds like the guy that whines because his Ferrari 458 only does the quarter mile in 12 seconds when he uses Exxon gas.

You've got a nice machine, dude, and I hate that the performance of the game isn't what it should be just as much as you do. But they've pulled the game and have said they have their best engineers on the job. In the meantime, you have a perfectly playable, slightly less pretty (but much higher resolution) version of the game that many others can't even play. Why not wait and see what happens instead of getting all upset about it on the internet?

#30 graf1k   BAM BAM CAGiversary!   2496 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:55 PM

Well, Rocksteady has its best engineers on the problem now, so maybe things will get sorted. I can't see how it won't given that the game runs on a modified UE3, same as the last, and it runs nicely on consoles, which are easily bested by good PC hardware. Hopefully it won't take too long.

Why on God's green Earth are people still using UE3? Clearly it's not shit as Batman looks fantastic but UE4 has been around now for what, 2 years? More?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GMG, Batman, arkham, knight, arkham knight, batman: arkham knight, deal, code, green man gaming