* * * * * 1 votes

(GMG) 40% off Batman: Arkham Knight with code: BETHEB-ATMANG-MG40PC

GMG Batman arkham knight arkham knight batman: arkham knight deal code green man gaming

#31 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5626 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:20 PM

Why on God's green Earth are people still using UE3? Clearly it's not shit as Batman looks fantastic but UE4 has been around now for what, 2 years? More?

A lot of times it's because development starts under one engine and it becomes cost-prohibitive to switch midstream. Also, a lot of times, developers are hesitant to switch to an engine that's still being heavily developed. Epic delivers constant updates and at some point you just have to lock down and work with what you've got. UE3 is supposed to be a known quantity for them, which makes it all the more puzzling why they couldn't have done a better job.

#32 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23845 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:18 PM

What's really strange is that I have a 7870 and the game will dip to 30 FPS at worst during the Batmobile parts, but usually stay around 50-60 FPS otherwise. All I did was download the drivers AMD added the day the game released and changed the max FPS in the config file to 60.

Before I downloaded the drivers, though, it was stuttering every few seconds no matter what I did. I'm just surprised that my GPU doesn't even fit the new minimum requirements (which they posted less than a day before the game released, by the way) and yet I'm doing better than people who have current-gen GPUs that would smoke mine. I'm going to assume it's because I'm running all settings at their lowest and most people are wanting better than that (which I don't blame them for, obviously, but with my GPU, I wasn't going in expecting max settings in the first place).

Are you running at 720p? 1080p?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GMG, Batman, arkham, knight, arkham knight, batman: arkham knight, deal, code, green man gaming