Turtle Beach Ear Force NLa headset for $9.99

DX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
The Other night while playing Destiny my Xbox One my pack in headset broke and no one in my fireteam could hear me. Not wanting to buy another one of the same poor quality headsets I went on a search for a low cost alternative. Remembering I had a set of these I bought with my WiiU but rarely used I figured I would try them with the Xbox One using the adapter for the controller. Ill be damned they worked really well.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17910886&cp=2255956.2273442.2255974.11902633.11902635.11902666&parentPage=family

And on clearance for $9.99!

I think it would be safe to assume they would work on a PS4 as well since most non USB headsets from the PS4 work on the One. Good, quick and inexpensive alternative for anyone needing a headset.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B008YA9BVC/ref=olp_fsf?ie=UTF8&condition=new&freeShipping=1&qid=1435529300&sr=8-1

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't a USB Powered headset, right? It's a standard headset with headphone plugs?

I might get one, I got a Turtle Beach PS3 headset a couple of years ago and loved it.

The Other night while playing Destiny my Xbox One my pack in headset broke and no one in my fireteam could hear me. Not wanting to buy another one of the same poor quality headsets I went on a search for a low cost alternative. Remembering I had a set of these I bought with my WiiU but rarely used I figured I would try them with the Xbox One using the adapter for the controller. Ill be damned they worked really well.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17910886&cp=2255956.2273442.2255974.11902633.11902635.11902666&parentPage=family

And on clearance for $9.99!

I think it would be safe to assume they would work on a PS4 as well since most non USB headsets from the PS4 work on the One. Good, quick and inexpensive alternative for anyone needing a headset.
Just went on Amazon seems they price matched it.

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Force-Gaming-Headset-6309200/dp/B008YA9BVC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435426267&sr=8-1&keywords=ear+force+nla

I got these from a TRU clearance sale a while back. And they do work on PS4. Tried them out since I didn't have a headset for the PS4, at the time, and I hated the pack-in nub that came with the console.

Only thing, I could only get chat out of it; no in-game sound (maybe I missed a setting on the PS4, who knows). And, of course, it was mono audio so you only heard your teammates out of one speaker. Not a big deal if that's all you want.

I got these from a TRU clearance sale a while back. And they do work on PS4. Tried them out since I didn't have a headset for the PS4, at the time, and I hated the pack-in nub that came with the console.

Only thing, I could only get chat out of it; no in-game sound (maybe I missed a setting on the PS4, who knows). And, of course, it was mono audio so you only heard your teammates out of one speaker. Not a big deal if that's all you want.
There is a setting on ps4 to root all audio or just chat audio through the headset. It really threw me off the first time I plugged in my gold headset.

Are these the ones that Best Buy had on clearance for $4.99 for the longest time?

$10 isn't a whole lot for a cheap headset for anything.

Are these the ones that Best Buy had on clearance for $4.99 for the longest time?

$10 isn't a whole lot for a cheap headset for anything.
Think those were the Rocketfish models. But these could have been had for 2.50-5.00 when TRU was clearing out a bunch of in-store stuff (last year, I think???)

There is a setting on ps4 to root all audio or just chat audio through the headset. It really threw me off the first time I plugged in my gold headset.
I found that setting... when I setup my silver Sony headset, D'oh. But still haven't found an option to have in-game sounds go thru the headset & the TV speakers... seems to be either or

Think those were the Rocketfish models. But these could have been had for 2.50-5.00 when TRU was clearing out a bunch of in-store stuff (last year, I think???)

I found that setting... when I setup my silver Sony headset, D'oh. But still haven't found an option to have in-game sounds go thru the headset & the TV speakers... seems to be either or
Yea the BB $4.99 ones were the Rocketfish models, I brought that last year too. And yup at the very end of TRU's 95% Clearance Blast sale last summer, these Turtle Beach ones were marked down to $2.50... brought it too lol... but think those prices got reverted back to normal 12/31 or something for left over stock... forgot the date that showed up on the scanner when you scanned a clearance item. Maybe your local TRU might be a slow store and still have these hidden somewhere & never readjusted the price lol.

Anyways, GS has this for $5.97 http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/nintendo-wii-u-ear-force-nla-gaming-headset/104720 my local slow GS store has these lol

No, as someone else already mentioned in the thread, it transmits both.

Works fine on the X1 with the chat adapter (soon to be not needed in the revision controller).

Volume isn't as high as I like but my friends can hear me fine, and quality is OK. Easily worth the $5-$10.

Ive had this for The majority of the ps4 lifetime. Bought at TRU, the audio works well and mutes your TV when you put all audio setting to the headset(PS4). For people who play in party's you might notice a decrease in party level but there is a setting in party chat to make your part.chat louder then the game so you can hear you friends. If you want to hear just chat, TV sounds in the background, sadly the audio only comes out in one ear.

Let's talk about the fit, I have a decently sized skull. So theses are snugg on my head. But for someone with a large skull you may be uncomfortable. Not recommended to play with glasses as it squeezes.

Mic quality, it's great, people can hear you pee even after adjusting the mic sensitivity, Audio is just a little bit lower then some but it has the scroll wheel to make it launder and your ps4 can pump up the volume if you hold the ps4 button. It has a switch to mute immediately, def a plus for bathroom runs.

I've also used cellphone headphones (iPhone 5s/ Galaxy s5 in ears) and they sound louder. The problem is that the mics are so sensitive on iPhone headsets, your friends will here a humming when you talk but if you breathe normal, there is no sounds to really pick up.

I personally bought this out of cheapness. I have never had a high quality headset nor do I think it is honestly needed. But I have been waiting for a greater pair to come at an foldable price.

Hope I helped some of you on the PS4 front.

Also it's good to use when you get a call during your gaming session. Cellphone usage is crisp and clear all around.

I just got one for my PS4, let's see how they work :) Thanks OP

EDIT: I just picked up mine from TRU and they work flawlessly with my PS4. I might just get a couple more, see if I can flip them  :)

bread's done
Back