Sony PS2 price drop...place your guesses here!

I think they are going to bundle the hard drive and network adaptor and sell that at 179.99

system with adaptor at 149.99

core system at 129.99

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I think they are going to bundle the hard drive and network adaptor and sell that at 179.99[/quote]

i dont think they will do that right now, because the hdd isnt really useful for anything..

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I think they are going to bundle the hard drive and network adaptor and sell that at 179.99[/quote]

i dont think they will do that right now, because the hdd isnt really useful for anything..[/quote]

yea I guess you are right. It took till last March for the Network bundle to come out. I bet this christmas we see a bundle though

I think sony is really starting to hurt on this and they have never lacked for aggressivness. My guess is 129.99 with a free GH game of the customers choice

I am going out on a limb here and saying $99 so they can blow the xbox out of the water for one last year. I also predict the announcement of a smaller version "pstwo" with a little lcd screen and dvd playback set at $199. You heard it here first.

We will know tomorrow around. 12:00 pm eastern (sony press release)

[quote name='videogamejunkie']I am going out on a limb here and saying $99 so they can blow the xbox out of the water for one last year. I also predict the announcement of a smaller version "pstwo" with a little lcd screen and dvd playback set at $199. You heard it here first.

We will know tomorrow around. 12:00 pm eastern (sony press release)[/quote]

i hope they undercut xbox. matching them wont really do much, but charging less then 150 for the online pack will really move ps2's off shelves

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I think they are going to bundle the hard drive and network adaptor and sell that at 179.99[/quote]

i dont think they will do that right now, because the hdd isnt really useful for anything..[/quote]

If they do that, the PS2 will essentially be an Xbox. No more memory cards.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I think they are going to bundle the hard drive and network adaptor and sell that at 179.99[/quote]

If they do that, the PS2 will essentially be an Xbox. No more memory cards.[/quote]

remember you cant use the hd as a memory card like you can with the x. you can move your saves back and forth though

[quote name='guyver2077'][quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I think they are going to bundle the hard drive and network adaptor and sell that at 179.99[/quote]

If they do that, the PS2 will essentially be an Xbox. No more memory cards.[/quote]

remember you cant use the hd as a memory card like you can with the x. you can move your saves back and forth though[/quote]

Oh yeah...nevermind then.

lol i want the damn price to fall allready. i bought the hd the first day and got to use it for one day. the next day my ps2 fell and ever since it never detected the network adapter which also meant could not use the hd or play online. my damn luck. i also bought outbreak and have barely played that as it is.

$129.99 - regular system
$149.99 - online pack but instead of ATV a new online game
$199.99 - PS2 system, network adapter and hard drive

$129.99 - regular system
$149.99 - online pack but instead of ATV a new online game
$199.99 - PS2 system, network adapter and hard drive

I'd love to see a pstwo with lcd screen combo for $149 or $160...of course pstwo might not have spot for network adapter or disk drive...but still to be able to take pstwo on the road like psone...too hard to pass up.

sony will have designated xbox/gamecube killing areas in your main local gaming stores....where if you bring in your xbox and/or gamecube....then break it, burn it, microwave it, etc....they will give you a free ps2....you heard it here first....

FFX1, Re,outbreak, syphon filter:eek:mega, and suppsedly socom 2 has the HDD option open to .

I honestly cant see sony lowering anything, they are still selling alot fof systems, and are still on top. WHY would they lower the price? they arent playing catch up to no one.

If you go to gamespot.com and go the todays news and click on PS2 price drop to 149.99 . Yiu can read about it there.

im gonna say $129.99 for a regular system and they'll probally introduce a limited edition ps2 just like msft for $149.99.

bread's done
Back