BobBills

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:46 AM

Sony 24" Playstation 3D Display 119.99 Newegg

Link

2 Year Extended Replacement Coverage Plan ONLY 24.00 not bad 

#2 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:17 PM

I can never get myself to actually get one of these. I want to have one but I don't want to buy one. Especially since I got a 42" tv from salvation army for $180

#3 nddave   CAG4LIFE CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:03 PM

You should note it is a refurb.

#4 BonedChaos   If you don't like John Candy you can GTFO CAGiversary!   756 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:09 PM

I bought one of these for a computer monitor a couple years ago and it still works great. It was also a refurbished unit.

#5 chrislisting   CAGiversary! Banned   1557 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:12 PM

These units are good

GOOD10 coupon on my groupon deal post brings to same price so now 2 sellers ;)

#6 iwannadie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   882 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

iwannadie

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:17 PM

I picked one up from BB when they went super cheap. I've used it pretty much daily and love watching 3d movies on it. I know they are totally hit or miss otherwise I would grab a second one. Maybe if they dip under a $100 I will have to. 

#7 ggamdori   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

ggamdori

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:33 PM

I have two ($200 and $100 I paid long time ago). Both had blackout problems and I had to send the units to fix it. This was very common problem and I assume that refurb units have the problem fixed. (if not, prepare to ship it once you see the problem, shipping was free for me at that time).

Quality wise, it's pretty okay. Size is not that big. Color is pretty good but have some weird artifacts on texts on certain blue background (very limited situation I guess, since it only happens on this particular website I go).

Latency seems pretty good (never measured but it never lags compared to my TV which has 16ms latency which was measured by a review site).

Cons are, no height adjustment. No VESA mount. Angle adjustment is very stiff. HDMI input (and Component and audio out) are on the right side of the unit and if the HDMI cable has a huge head, the cable sticks out.

#8 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6709 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:39 PM

I loved this monitor, even though I had 2 break on me after 8 months. Got a refund after the second one.

#9 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:29 PM

How are these for playing retro games, like Virtual Console for instance, or (if you prefer) modern twitchy kind of games?  

I have a 2008 or 2007 or something Sony Bravia 720P which you think would be fine for whatever, but it LAGS like crazy, way worse than the Wii U Gamepad, and makes retro games impossible and probably affects modern games too (Mario Kart? who knows).

I'd love to be able to play my retro games I have on Virtual Console and PS3.  This is cheap and seems like a good solution.

#10 UjnHunter   Frog Man CAGiversary!   1307 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:36 PM

I own three of these, one from a Best Buy Black Friday $99 deal, and two Refurbs from NewEgg that I bought at $99 each. They are my favorite TV/Monitors I've ever owned. I'm sure there are better 3D TVs out there, but for $119.99 (or $99 in my case) you can't beat it. I've never had any problems with them (knock on wood), but you should probably feel better about buying a Refurb over a New unit because the Refurb probably is less likely to suffer from the problems that people have reported with these Displays. If I had some extra cash laying around, I'd probably buy a couple more of these myself to put into every room in the house! ;)

#11 EJam3s01   I was born ready CAGiversary!   184 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

EJam3s01

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:04 PM

Man, these popping up makes me want to get one even though I had the blackout problem when I first bought it.  It was a decent little monitor when it worked with the nice 3D and all.  

#12 UjnHunter   Frog Man CAGiversary!   1307 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:14 PM

Note: These probably don't come with the 3D Glasses (?) but you can usually score them on Amazon for $6-10 a piece if you keep your eyes peeled.

#13 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:17 PM

Yeah, it said on the page that it is just the monitor and power cable.  No mention of a game or glasses or anything.

Out of stock now!  Got one and can't wait!!!

#14 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13592 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:47 PM

$39 new at Gamestop if you can find it.

#15 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1909 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:19 PM

Note: These probably don't come with the 3D Glasses (?) but you can usually score them on Amazon for $6-10 a piece if you keep your eyes peeled.

Looking at 3D will handle the eye peeling quite well thank you very much.

$39 new at Gamestop if you can find it.

You sure you're not thinking of something else? Like the PSTV? This is a PS TV.

#16 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3691 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:21 PM

o.oi can no longer do under 32" screens. I'm sorry. I'm sorry guys.. -runs away crying-

#17 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13592 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:32 PM

Looking at 3D will handle the eye peeling quite well thank you very much.

You sure you're not thinking of something else? Like the PSTV? This is a PS TV.

Yes I'm sure. I was going to get one sent to my store but it appears to have been bought this morning.

#18 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:07 AM

o.oi can no longer do under 32" screens. I'm sorry. I'm sorry guys.. -runs away crying-

That's what my wife said, too, when I suggested replacing our crappy 24" TV with this.  Oh well.  It will make a fantastic monitor for me, and I'll just never sit in the living room again.  :)

#19 Hoping   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   345 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:43 AM

Dang, one GS near me had one in stock for $39 a few hours ago; check again now and it's no longer in stock. I'm surprised my store actually had one of these but maybe it was just a glitch in their system. If anyone actually wants one you should check your GS store for availability for the very slim chance they might have one. 

#20 iwannadie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   882 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

iwannadie

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:24 AM

That's what my wife said, too, when I suggested replacing our crappy 24" TV with this.  Oh well.  It will make a fantastic monitor for me, and I'll just never sit in the living room again.   :)

I literally have the PS monitor on my coffee table in the living room and my 60" tv behind it. My ole lady loves the setup, she can play the Witcher while we watch movies together or I can play something while she watches whatever.

Dual living room screens = winning. 

#21 Metfighter  

Metfighter

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:31 AM

I would highly advise not getting this monitor. I bought one a couple of years back during a black Friday sale at Best Buy for $100 and used it as computer monitor for about 3 months. The monitor started getting black screens for periods of 2-10 seconds at a time. I read up on forums about others with this issue and it seemed it was related to the monitor overheating. I would avoid this deal. 

#22 Mugatu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   969 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:58 AM

You should note it is a refurb.

Refurb might be better - my new one had the black screen problem but once I sent it back and Sony fixed it (which is something I assume they do during the refurb process) it has been flawless.

#23 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:40 PM

Dang, one GS near me had one in stock for $39 a few hours ago; check again now and it's no longer in stock. I'm surprised my store actually had one of these but maybe it was just a glitch in their system. If anyone actually wants one you should check your GS store for availability for the very slim chance they might have one.

No meng. I bought one of those. That's a PSTV, which is sort of like a Vita that connects to a TV and is tiny. This is a monitor and something entirely different (PS3D TV or something? I don't even know what it's called).

I would highly advise not getting this monitor. I bought one a couple of years back during a black Friday sale at Best Buy for $100 and used it as computer monitor for about 3 months. The monitor started getting black screens for periods of 2-10 seconds at a time. I read up on forums about others with this issue and it seemed it was related to the monitor overheating. I would avoid this deal.

No meng. These have been fixed. It's the new ones you got to watch out for.

I literally have the PS monitor on my coffee table in the living room and my 60" tv behind it. My ole lady loves the setup, she can play the Witcher while we watch movies together or I can play something while she watches whatever.

Dual living room screens = winning.

I'm so jealous! She'd never let me get away with that. She won't even let me speak during movies, and I wish she played Witcher III.

#24 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:40 PM

I got mine maybe 2-3 days ago.  So far I've only used it as a computer monitor, but I LOVE IT.  I love my setup now, with my tiny, whisper-quiet (but powerful and fast) laptop plugged into it.  I haven't plugged any game systems in yet (need to wrest them from the living room TV).

I did a lag test with the monitor vs. the screen on my laptop that I have plugged into it, and it seems like it is even faster than the advertised 4ms response time.  I don't think I'll have any issue playing retro games on this.  It has less lag than the Wii U gamepad, in fact.  I'm jazzed.

So glad you folks convinced me to buy this.

x-posted (Newegg thread and Groupon thread)