* * - - - 44 votes

Amazon Prime Day (Prime Members only) Today, 7/15/15

#3301 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:18 PM

Thankfully not. In all honesty, they've stepped up their package treatment and on-time game. Their tracking and routes are still horrible, though.

Statue is cool. Steelbook is cooler.

what, you really had laser deliver it to you?

#3302 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13962 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:19 PM

what, you really had laser deliver it to you?

Yes. I'd rather have UPS. At least I know when they are coming, even if it's the next day.

#3303 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:29 PM

Yes. I'd rather have UPS. At least I know when they are coming, even if it's the next day.

atleast it is not as bad as amazon prime now. i was tracking my package, it shows the dot of the delivery person running circle around/ near my apartment delivery address location for 15 minutes

#3304 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12538 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:07 AM

I get that everyone's saying these deals sucked but any time I checked, most of the deals were 100% claimed. 

Was that due to limited availability or something? 

I think a lot of people will impulse buy more when it's a lighting deal because it tracks the amount of claims for the item making you fell a sense of urgency to add it to your cart. 

I'd love to see Amazon start a monthly option for Prime. I'd definitely be interested in signing up in the Fall when I actually do order a decent amount of things from Amazon. Aside from the Holidays I usually will buy a few things here and there when I see a good sale, but I have never had an issue paying standard shipping and waiting. For gaming stuff though GCU has been such a great deal that Best Buy literally gets all of my gaming business and they also price match Amazon so if they have a better deal at Amazon, I will PM it at Best Buy. 

No, it's because everyone hits claim immediately and then just a fraction of them go through with the purchase within the next 15 minutes before their claim is removed.  The system is broken.   There are no ramifications for claiming the deal immediately.  It has become a contest for people just to see if they can win by claiming a deal. 

Not to mention we have no idea how many quantities of the items were available at the Lightning Deals prices.  I have a feeling some of them were really small. 

#3305 Narukami   http://i.imgur.com/J8SRXIT.jpg The hype is dead. CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:52 AM

Geez, I don't know what's worse. Amazon Prime Day or listening to a rant from the Neckbead King.

#3306 Narukami   http://i.imgur.com/J8SRXIT.jpg The hype is dead. CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:49 AM

My final? comment on this sale. All I bought (or could buy before everyone else added it to cart) was a 3DS version of The Legend of Korra. So Amazon:

#3307 MochaRaf   I Come Here Often... CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:39 AM

did laser drop kick it to you

This pretty much sums up Lasership. My main residence in Miami has two large gates, one of which is for the service staff which features a large comm system built in that doesn't even require the driver to get out to buzz the main house. Yet every time I've received a delivery by Lasership the guy literally just throws the packages over the large gate. He's actually thrown packages clearly labeled as TVs or Monitors over the gate onto the brick pattern driveway... These guys are pretty unprofessional, even the delivery vehicle is just a privately owned van that features very little indication they are a delivery service. I think the only markings I've ever seen on the van is a hand written piece of paper on the windshield that read "Lasership".

#3308 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:02 PM

This pretty much sums up Lasership. My main residence in Miami has two large gates, one of which is for the service staff which features a large comm system built in that doesn't even require the driver to get out to buzz the main house. Yet every time I've received a delivery by Lasership the guy literally just throws the packages over the large gate. He's actually thrown packages clearly labeled as TVs or Monitors over the gate onto the brick pattern driveway... These guys are pretty unprofessional, even the delivery vehicle is just a privately owned van that features very little indication they are a delivery service. I think the only markings I've ever seen on the van is a hand written piece of paper on the windshield that read "Lasership".

lol you could always be a bitch to him if he literally does throw your fragile stuff over the gate like that and you seen him do it and complain yet lasership wont fix the problem? then just since like you said private own vehicle lol so since that is irratic behavoir a anonymous phone call to local law enforcement of a impaired individual acting irratic in a vehicle driving place to place tossing stuff over fences could make the driver take a whole new outlook lol

#3309 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8566 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:03 PM

Amazon can Fuck themselves.

Send me MKX in a box 2x the size of the item w/ 1 paper protector, no bubble stuff.

Dented ass corners...and I can't complain since I got a stupid "you'll get banned" email this last year for them offering credit.

#3310 JasonTerminator   Not a psychopath! CAGiversary!   2588 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

JasonTerminator

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:22 PM

Got my Order Premium today. Didn't really realize just how gigantic the statue is, dunno where I'll put it.

Also thought the book would be more book and less pendant.

Still cool, excited to play the game.

#3311 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:04 PM

you must be live in a wealthy gated community.

#3312 JasonTerminator   Not a psychopath! CAGiversary!   2588 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

JasonTerminator

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:36 PM

Geez, I don't know what's worse. Amazon Prime Day or listening to a rant from the Neckbead King.

You know that's a character he plays right? For laughs?

#3313 DetectiveConanA113  

DetectiveConanA113

Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:53 AM

Got my copy of The Legend of Korra this morning.
I can say with absolute assurance, that it was worth the tax I covered after using my $5 GC and nothing more. I do get some kind of sadistic joy from it's mind-numbing repetitiveness I admit (very little joy though), but that's probably just because I haven't owned a strategy game in far too long. I miss 'em.

TL;DR I'm glad I didn't actually pay $5 + tax for this. Yay Prime Day...

#3314 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1228 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:16 AM

You guys are getting your stuff already? My Call of Duty game hasn't even shipped out yet :-?

#3315 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8566 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:35 AM

You guys are getting your stuff already? My Call of Duty game hasn't even shipped out yet :-?

Yep...the MKX statue looks so much better than I thot it would

Spoiler

workin on my new display o.O

#3316 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   4296 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:06 PM

Got the 40" TV yesterday

#3317 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4214 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:43 PM

Got my copy of The Legend of Korra this morning.
I can say with absolute assurance, that it was worth the tax I covered after using my $5 GC and nothing more.

Haha. Got mine yesterday. I paid $5 + tax and know it is going to suck. Basically, I ordered a 3DS case with Korra on the cover and it happened to have a game inside.

#3318 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8446 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:42 PM

Got the 40" TV yesterday

Does it still work today?

#3319 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   4296 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:52 PM

Does it still work today?

Yep, good purchase to just use in the bedroom.

#3320 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24829 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:53 PM

Yep, good purchase to just use in the bedroom.

Wait. With the TV in there, do you ever leave the bathroom now?

#3321 Hoggs17   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:03 PM

Got my PS4 Far Cry 4 from Prime Day and they sent me the limited edition.  Anyone else get this version? I was only charged for the normal edition.  Maybe they just messed up?  

#3322 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:23 PM

Got my PS4 Far Cry 4 from Prime Day and they sent me the limited edition. Anyone else get this version? I was only charged for the normal edition. Maybe they just messed up?

The LE was a pre-order edition. You got some extra DLC