* * - - - 44 votes

Amazon Prime Day (Prime Members only) Today, 7/15/15

#61 victimsofadown   Lurker CAGiversary!   673 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

victimsofadown

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:11 AM

I'm hesitantly optimistic, but I expect to not buy much.  I've learned that without Prime Amazon is mostly useless for me :\ 

#62 snatcher33   Marry me Jenny!!! CAGiversary!   773 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

snatcher33

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:16 AM

As a FedEx employee, this sale worries me  :wall:

#63 ritchardf  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:20 AM

i dont know, 1 out of about 200 of my amazon orders the last year have come fed ex, i wouldnt worry too much.

#64 Zeldafanatic15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1524 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Zeldafanatic15

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:21 AM

Yeah, I've never had anything ship FedEx from Amazon, I wouldn't worry too much. UPS should be the one sweating bullets.

#65 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:37 AM

Yeah, I've never had anything ship FedEx from Amazon, I wouldn't worry too much. UPS should be the one sweating bullets.

and usps,

#66 groundskeeper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1545 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

groundskeeper

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:19 AM

Never had an amazon order come from Fedex.  Up till about 9 months ago always UPS.  Now it is always USPS and 2 days past the two day prime guarantee date.

#67 Boss   [Removed by Admin] CAGiversary!   1999 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:32 AM

Mail carrier service used depends where you live and cost to ship.

#68 gatordeve86   CAG Master CAGiversary!   1025 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

gatordeve86

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:38 AM

My wife is management at Amazon and they are all on overtime that week.. she says they have no clue what will be on sale yet but should have an idea next week while inbound is on overtime receiving everything

#69 TheKbob   Rock On, Duder CAGiversary!   1312 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:47 AM

Hey, remember when we had someone that actually cared about CAG from Amazon?

Oh, man, the good times... 

#70 Boss   [Removed by Admin] CAGiversary!   1999 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:45 AM

They're still around I'm sure. But what can you expect? We spoke with our wallets and went to BB so it doesn't make self for resources to go after us as aggressively anymore. They're prob still on sds watching all Amazon threads.

#71 NolbertoS   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1069 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:59 AM

$299.99 - 1TB Xbox One console is what I'm hoping. I can wait for BF if Amazon deals suck

#72 mightyduck   It's Knuckle Puck time! CAGiversary!   216 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

mightyduck

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:11 AM

Cautiously optimistic at this point...

#73 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15609 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:50 AM

Amazon is a 5% cash back reward category for the Discover It card in july also.

Yup! The double cashback promo makes it a nice 10% (even though won't see the extra 5% for almost a year)

#74 MrSmiley1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   183 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:06 AM

http://www.nfm.com/D...ductid=41418609

$50 this week at nebraska furniture mart, free shipping (standard 2-5 days)

I am so glad I came here to read the bitching about how these deals are going to suck. You made my day with this. I was bummed I missed the Groupon a couple of weeks ago for the same price. Now I will be able to play my PS4 in the other room.

Thanks again!

#75 iCrashStarZ   CheapestGamer CAGiversary!   235 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

iCrashStarZ

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:54 AM

But it is only for games what about hardware? yeah PC hardware.

#76 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   5736 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:18 AM

Our mailman is one of the worst examples of humanity I've ever encountered.  

I hope this sale is so good that I break his back. 

Ok I'll address the elephant in the room

Why so much animosity towards your mailman? lol

#77 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13  

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:23 AM

Probably because he ordered a Jigglypuff amiibo or some shit and when it didn't come in 1 day, he took out his unrealistic expectations out on the mail man

#78 GreyFox787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   817 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

GreyFox787

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:16 AM

Some hardcover Batman graphic novels would be nice...

#79 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3688 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:22 AM

Can't wait. :D I'm setting sail you guys!

#80 Snarky   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:26 AM

and usps,

And Ontrac....

Man I hate them, they pretty much toss the darned thing and run, my last order probably was damaged due to them, overall I would rather Amazon just use USPS even if it gets here slower.

#81 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2119 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:10 PM

He was featured in Chevy Chase's 'Funny Farm', though they had to use another actor for the scene where he pretended to be a decent person.  

In truth, it all started when one morning our mailbox door was ripped off.  I happened to be outside when he was delivering our mail and he said, "Fix your mailbox, please."  I said, "Okay" and thought...  "that's odd...  I wonder how it happened?"  

I loaded up the recorded footage for the day before from a security camera outside our house.  It showed the same bozo that just asked me to fix the mailbox kicking it and ripping the door off himself.   Then I went back to earlier recorded videos and saw that he liked to punch our packages a few times before he threw them up 10 stairs on to our porch.  

OK. 

The next day I stopped him while he was delivering mail and said, "I'd appreciate it if you would stop beating up our mailbox and throwing our packages.  I have you on video doing it."  He just looked up at me, slid his sunglasses down his nose, and with the lack of emotion of a serial killer said, "okay".  

Now he delivers beat up packages on the side door to our house where there is no security camera.  I'm here alone waiting to be robbed or killed right now as I type this. 

#82 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   920 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:36 PM

He was featured in Chevy Chase's 'Funny Farm', though they had to use another actor for the scene where he pretended to be a decent person.

In truth, it all started when one morning our mailbox door was ripped off. I happened to be outside when he was delivering our mail and he said, "Fix your mailbox, please." I said, "Okay" and thought... "that's odd... I wonder how it happened?"

I loaded up the recorded footage for the day before from a security camera outside our house. It showed the same bozo that just asked me to fix the mailbox kicking it and ripping the door off himself. Then I went back to earlier recorded videos and saw that he liked to punch our packages a few times before he threw them up 10 stairs on to our porch.

OK.

The next day I stopped him while he was delivering mail and said, "I'd appreciate it if you would stop beating up our mailbox and throwing our packages. I have you on video doing it." He just looked up at me, slid his sunglasses down his nose, and with the lack of emotion of a serial killer said, "okay".

Now he delivers beat up packages on the side door to our house where there is no security camera. I'm here alone waiting to be robbed or killed right now as I type this.

Worse than I expected...

#83 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7028 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:07 PM

In truth, it all started when one morning our mailbox door was ripped off.  I happened to be outside when he was delivering our mail and he said, "Fix your mailbox, please."  I said, "Okay" and thought...  "that's odd...  I wonder how it happened?"  

I loaded up the recorded footage for the day before from a security camera outside our house.  It showed the same bozo that just asked me to fix the mailbox kicking it and ripping the door off himself.   Then I went back to earlier recorded videos and saw that he liked to punch our packages a few times before he threw them up 10 stairs on to our porch.  

OK. 

The next day I stopped him while he was delivering mail and said, "I'd appreciate it if you would stop beating up our mailbox and throwing our packages.  I have you on video doing it."  He just looked up at me, slid his sunglasses down his nose, and with the lack of emotion of a serial killer said, "okay".  

Now he delivers beat up packages on the side door to our house where there is no security camera.  I'm here alone waiting to be robbed or killed right now as I type this. 

OMG, are you serious? I thought my postal people where bad, they look like saints compared to this guy. When I was growing up in the 80's, postal shootings seemed to be the norm, and this guy sounds like he may be next on the list to "snap". You might want to get that video to the "Post Master", and get that guy locked up, he is obviously wound way to tight to be in a public service position.

#84 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2119 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:20 PM

OMG, are you serious? I thought my postal people where bad, they look like saints compared to this guy. When I was growing up in the 80's, postal shootings seemed to be the norm, and this guy sounds like he may be next on the list to "snap". You might want to get that video to the "Post Master", and get that guy locked up, he is obviously wound way to tight to be in a public service position.

The first and last sentences of my post are in jest, but the rest is sincere.  I've received a few PMs about this. I guess I just considered our delivery person bad at his job, but CAG may have convinced me that someone should be notified of this guy's behavior.  Thanks for the deals and the help with my personal life, CAG.  You da best. 

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:22 PM

OK. 

Sounds like somebody's about to go postal on you....

#86 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49876 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:29 PM

The first and last sentences of my post are in jest, but the rest is sincere.  I've received a few PMs about this. I guess I just considered our delivery person bad at his job, but CAG may have convinced me that someone should be notified of this guy's behavior.  Thanks for the deals and the help with my personal life, CAG.  You da best. 

You should go to your local post office, with the video in-hand, and speak with this guy's delivery supervisor to make a formal complaint.  That, and get another security camera for the side door.  Should be able to afford that with the money you've saved on CAG. ;)

#87 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13962 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:31 PM

Yeah, find the contact info for the postmaster for your area and give them the story and the video. And also explain that he is avoiding being filmed now.

#88 KnightOfTruth   Suikoden Collector CAGiversary!   1609 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

KnightOfTruth

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:35 PM

Yeah, find the contact info for the postmaster for your area and give them the story and the video. And also explain that he is avoiding being filmed now.

Yes, and then move.  Move far away.  And whatever you do, DO NOT file the official "we're moving" packet with your local PO.  10% Movers Coupon be damned!

#89 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   920 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:55 PM

But gcu + mover's coupon is so overpowered. Tough decision to make

#90 domoniccc  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:05 PM

But gcu + mover's coupon is so overpowered. Tough decision to make

l o l