Secret Amazon Prime Deals on Console Games like Batman and Elder Scrolls

FlyingMonkey9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
78 (100%)
Credit to destructoid on the find: http://www.destructoid.com/amazon-s-started-offering-game-discounts-to-prime-members-and-some-are-really-good--295074.phtml

You have to add to cart and go to checkout before price changes

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not seeing any discounts and I'm a prime member. :/

EDIT: Have to actually go to the checkout page, nevermind.

[quote name="Thatguy1513" post="12778083" timestamp="1435706590"]Inb4 the gcu is better crowd. (Even if it is)[/quote]

Haha slightly late

Still not better than GCU, but it's nice to see they're trying. I'd rather use Amazon, if they could match BB's pricing.
I would have rather used Amazon too if they hadn't start taxing in my state since February. At least for me, this as well as the $99 price boost for Prime, has totally turned me off from Amazon. I can find most things in store for the same price now.

With GCU combined with My BB Elite Plus...I'm good.

Do you need to be a prime member? I am so I don't know if it works without. Want to tell a friend who isn't.

I picked up BO3 and PGA Tour

Not too bad but if they do ever decide to compete with BB and give a 20% discount for Prime members I may have to reconsider where I purchase my games.

Anyone know if the discount for elder scolds apiws to the digital code sold by Amazon? Unfortunately you can only "buy and get code" without previewing price. I emailed Amazon to we if they can answer.

I would have rather used Amazon too if they hadn't start taxing in my state since February. At least for me, this as well as the $99 price boost for Prime, has totally turned me off from Amazon. I can find most things in store for the same price now.

With GCU combined with My BB Elite Plus...I'm good.
Yeah, we're taxed here now too, but it's about half of regular retail tax. $99 Prime is a no brainer for non-video games for me, since I split it with three other households. Just add them to your account as family and it flags their account as Prime. The people you add don't get access to any of your account, payment methods or otherwise.

I guess technically you're supposed to live together, but whatever.

Not too bad but if they do ever decide to compete with BB and give a 20% discount for Prime members I may have to reconsider where I purchase my games.
I'll still continue to support whatever company CREATES the discount, not the one that only matches it.

I'm sure Amazon would go back to not taxing if they could. It seems like most major on-line retailers feel that way. They've been charging tax out here (Indianapolis) for quite some time. Flip side is, I am in a same day delivery area, which I'll admit, has come in handy a time or two. But yeah, I've found myself shopping more and more at Best Buy lately, who I'd pretty much written off years ago, because their prices have gotten competitive with Amazon on a lot of stuff and there's one on the way home so if I can't do a same day from Amazon and really need something, there's that.

Amazon Prime can bite me. Also, any true cheap-ass gamer wouldn't be paying for Amazon Prime in the first place.
Thanks for telling me what I should and shoulnd't buy.

Combine the free 2 day shipping with the interesting music service (great if you like listening to Broadway soundtracks) and the streaming options (which have been fantastic since they got HBO) and it's a worthwhile service.

Amazon Prime can bite me. Also, any true cheap-ass gamer wouldn't be paying for Amazon Prime in the first place.
Any true cheap-ass gamer also buys items other than games and Amazon has plenty of things to get that are 2-day shipping for free and more money for 2-day shipping elsewhere. Plus, Amazon is more than willing to extend out your Prime membership for order issues, so my 12-month subscription is now a 16-month subscription due to order issues over time with slow shipping or damaged items. I saved 33% and I didn't even plan on it.

I'm sure Amazon Prime has better things to do than bite you.

Thanks for telling me what I should and shoulnd't buy.

Combine the free 2 day shipping with the interesting music service (great if you like listening to Broadway soundtracks) and the streaming options (which have been fantastic since they got HBO) and it's a worthwhile service.
That, and if you do enough orders with them over time, the cost per-order on just the free upgrade to 2-day shipping becomes minimal. Plus, unless I don't need it in 2-days, I defer to the No-Rush Shipping (which normally comes in 2 days from shipment date anyway) and get a free $1 to spend on movies/music/books per order.

Yeah, we're taxed here now too, but it's about half of regular retail tax. $99 Prime is a no brainer for non-video games for me, since I split it with three other households. Just add them to your account as family and it flags their account as Prime. The people you add don't get access to any of your account, payment methods or otherwise.

I guess technically you're supposed to live together, but whatever.
That's great idea to split the cost. So will the other family be able to see what you buy or vice versa? And does items only ship to your house if you're the primary account holder? Thanks in advance. And sorry to ask here since I can't find the answer elsewhere.

That's great idea to split the cost. So will the other family be able to see what you buy or vice versa? And does items only ship to your house if you're the primary account holder? Thanks in advance. And sorry to ask here since I can't find the answer elsewhere.
No the other members won't see what you buy. They also only get the prime shipping perks, not the prime streaming and photo options.

Amazon's TOS for Prime says you can only share it with members of your household that live in the same residence/address as the primary account holder:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200444180

Free or paid Amazon Prime members can share their shipping benefits with up to four additional family members living in the same household. If you purchase a Prime membership for a small business, you may invite up to four co-workers to shop with this corporate account.
Amazon apparently never cracks down on this, though they can since it's in the TOS. FYI.

Clearly you don't have prime or are ignorant as to what prime is offering. So please before you comment do some research and know what you are talking about.

To be honest I have friends that use Amazon prime just for their monthly streaming service. The 2-day shipping is just an added perk so they don't need to drive to the store.

To be honest I have friends that use Amazon prime just for their monthly streaming service. The 2-day shipping is just an added perk so they don't need to drive to the store.
If you ask me the streaming service is the main reason to become a Prime member. I order things from Amazon pretty often, but I have never had a problem waiting for the shipping. I tried Prime on a trial a while back and wasn't really happy with what the streaming service offered and decided to cancel it.

Hold out on amazon til the week of the 12th this month as there is gonna be a huge christmas in july sale 

Nope, the accounts remain completely separate and you can ship things to anywhere. I'm in IL and my brother is in Florida; he's on the account and Amazon has never asked why this supposedly singular household is constantly shipping things on opposite ends of the country.

As another poster mentioned, I guess the Prime streaming stuff only works for the master account and the whole thing is technically against the TOS. Easy enough to go, "Whoops, didn't know!" if they ever ask me, but it's been years already.

I just tried it with Madden 16:

Item(s) Subtotal: $59.96
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Prime Savings: -$9.97
Prime Savings: -$4.97
Total before tax: $45.02

bread's done
Back