The Official CAG July 2015 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kicking it off!

10xzuxh.jpg

01a_zpsiomiupzb.jpg

Last Night from Toys R Us. I finally found an Ant-Man set, and I priced match Walmart for the Green Lantern set

DSC_1321_zpsknqtcho5.png

I actually got this in June, but $10 from Walmart with free store pickup. 

Pikachu 3DS XL- from Choxi (formally known as NoMoreRack). The picture was the North American version. What I got was the Singapore/Malaysia version. I emailed them and told them they never mentioned it wasnt the NA version and thats what was pictured. Theyre response was basically "well we never said it was NA either". Whatever, this model plays US games so no biggie. 

Xbox One Armed Forces controller- from Goodwill, $30. This one had been opened unlike the other 2 I flipped. Keeping this one since I had an extra battery pack around. 

Arcade Block- Team Fortress 2 8-bit shirt, Portal 2 little magnet set, COEXIST sticker, Metroid print, and http://www.gadgetsandgear.com/speedometer-car-watch.html

Some magazines that were in a box with books someone donated to the library. Probably nothing special.

Also got 12 months of Xbox Live Gold for $29.79 from cdkeys.com, Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked membership for free after some giftcards from survey sites.

I thought I was a Zelda collector... I didn't know what a holy grail this piece is. I picked it up off of this guy, whose collection I have been buying up slowly. I got it for only $2. Definitely the rarest piece I own now.

I thought I was a Zelda collector... I didn't know what a holy grail this piece is. I picked it up off of this guy, whose collection I have been buying up slowly. I got it for only $2. Definitely the rarest piece I own now.

holy hell, that's a real nice find, take care of it.

How'd you like to double what you paid ;-).

Really though, Congrats.

Man. There sure was a lot of slag for that system, wasn't there? Making someone play all of those would be a violation of the Geneva Convention...
I would like to play them, try to find a hidden gem or something JK I wouldn't, lol. Do you think any of those games are good?

All my recent pick ups since May. Just been too lazy in taking pictures. :lol:

PS4 Pick Ups. The extra copy of Guilty Gear Xrd is for my buddy, since he mentioned he wanted it. Despite having Infamous First Light on Plus, I much rather have a physical copy if I can get it. Same goes for Devil May Cry 4 SE. 

The 3 PS2 Games and the Xbox Game were $2 a piece at the Flea Market. Bought from the seller a couple times and they never disappoint me with their prices. Also got a Gamecube Controller for $4.

3rd Rock from the Sun was $1 at Dollar Tree. Ponyo was from the Flea Market Seller I mentioned. Strawberry Eggs was from Ebay. Space Pirate Mito was from Amazon Warehouse.

Agarest and Macross 30 had been on my wish list for the longest time Managed to get them for great prices where I couldn't say no. Everything else I got cheap.

I realized I double posted Ys but whatever. Got three imported Vita Games: Moe Chronicles, New Little King Story, and Utakimi 575. Shinobido, Super Monkey Ball and the two PSP Dual Packs were from GS while Wolf Among Us was from BB. 

2 Gamestops were all about waiting until tomorrow to sell these but the guy at the 3rd store was basically like "uh yeah I think theyre in the back". King Dedede and Ness from the store, Pit from GS online.

Amiibo came from Target.com's amazing restock yesterday, apparently the warehouse is only like 15 miles away because theyre already here. The 2 Marths had the plastic dented in in a few spots but they look decent after popping the dents out. Rosalina has a slight crease in the top, no biggie to me. One WFT looks almost perfect.......the other was snapped at the ankle, its going back. 

I got my Vinylpalooza box from Arcade Block. Piccolo POP, TITANS- 10th doctor Dr Who, Saul from Breaking Bad, and ECTO-1 from Ghostbusters (duhhh). 

Universal Game Selector was from Choxi, forgot to picture it with the Pikachu 3DSXL the other day.

Exchanged some shirts I got from Kmart.com at the store, decided to use my other $50 giftcard on some Eshop points/soda/bubble wrap. Used some of the Eshop points to get the new Super Smash Bros DLC bundle for the Wii U and 3DS versions.

Ill just edit this for todays finds since Im the last post. Guide and Blu Rays were $1 apiece from the librarys "book sale" cart. Kmart is really trying to dump video game stuff around here. Got the headset for $22.80, they had 2 of those. They also had 10 copies of Victorious for Wii for $1.80 apiece, a dual PS4 controller charger for $8, Highschool Musical for PS2 for less than $1, some PS3 hdmi cable for $6, and a Disney Infinity Super Marvel Heroes or something starter bundle for PS4 for $21. 

Last edited by a moderator:
YyIdB89.jpg

Nendoroids and the Haganai book from TOM restock. Manga from Seven Seas booth at SDCC for 40% off. I think they were doing 50% off last year. Oh well.

LfR6qP0.jpg

Sailor Moon bag from Viz, Square Enix bag, SDCC Doctor Who shirt.

hvBGXRc.jpg

Hungry Doraemon (Viz) eyeing the Blizzard Whelplings.

dyVBqvC.jpg

Blizzard Pop Vinyls, Dark Illidan, SHFiguarts Frieza Saga Goku, Sailor Moon imposter, and 1-UP.

xTpXYGc.jpg

Free Splattoon shirt from Nintendo lounge, free Marcelline patch from purchasing the Kidrobot Cake/Monichromicorn, free Skylanders Hot Streak, and Doctor Who charm bracelet from BBC booth.

emXFrxa.jpg

LEGO Big Bang Theory early release, Star Wars Dagobah, Ultron Throne, Red Arrow, Sam Wilson Cap. Friend offered to give me his Red Arrow and Sam Wilson Cap, and I felt bad. Forgot to ask him for it before he packed them away. Totally regret it.

cgeZBGm.jpg

Won a $100 Visa gift card at the FX American Horror Story: Hotel. Had to compete against 7 others to get it.

YZ7rXnv.jpg

CGCN6Bc.jpg

Went to the LEGO Dimensions event and stumbled upon signings with Tom Baker, Laura Bailey, and Travis Willingham. Had pictures taken with them. They were extremely nice. Was definitely an unexpected highlight.

Saw more stars this year than usual. Got a picture of Normal Reedus, Conan, and Guillermo del Toro at their booths. Saw Edward James Olmos, some of the other Monster High voice actors. John Barrowman strolled down the bayfront while we were in the LEGO drawing line.

2mec0fo.jpg

Target Clearance. Originally picked up the extender for $50, but a couple days later found the AC3200 for $90. Cartwheel & TM pushed it down to $75. Going to sell the extender to a friend now.

Got this for free. I had a Shop Your Way Rewards deal where if I spent $7 I got $7 off. Bought some soda and Poptarts. Registered the code from the Poptart box and they sent me the POP figure. Didnt even have to pay shipping! Got a Captain America one on the way as well. 

I feel dirty, I sometimes see people post some awesome deals and today I get to!

I just got this lot for £85!!

jauMSIn.jpg

3DS is second hand but hardly used apparently, and zelda is still sealed. All games have their club nintendo points.

What a steal!!!

The PS4 controller I got for $20 from Gamestop with the trade in of my launch controller. Metroid Prime Trilogy I traded a metal case version with a fellow CAG since I had a spare and I didn't have the white case one for my collection. 

In the 2 years I've lived in this city, my closest Walmart has never done a clearance more than 10-15% off the SRP.  It appears they cleared out their back room as I saw a ton of stuff that had never been on the floor/in the glass cases, and it was all marked 50% off.  Lots of $5 LA Noires, Hitman Absolutions, and other decent stuff, but these ones definitely stood out the most at $10 a pop:

In the 2 years I've lived in this city, my closest Walmart has never done a clearance more than 10-15% off the SRP. It appears they cleared out their back room as I saw a ton of stuff that had never been on the floor/in the glass cases, and it was all marked 50% off. Lots of $5 LA Noires, Hitman Absolutions, and other decent stuff, but these ones definitely stood out the most at $10 a pop:

Mine did something similar where everything was $5. Picked up Naruto Shippuden UNS Generations first day edition for $5. It was great.

Lucario and Shulk were a Craigslist trade, Wario was a GS pickup since I wanted one to open and had a $10 off coupon

Retrode 2 with N64, Master System, and Gameboy adapters from DragonBox

3rd Party NES controllers and PacMan Amiibo from Amazon

Captain America POP! was from the PopTart box

Last Of Us Remastered digital code was $14.75 from Choxi then they gave me a year subscription to People magazine

Loot Crate- Wonder Women poster, LOZ sweatband, Batman screwdriver/bottle opener/keychain, The League of Regrettable Superheroes hardcover book, Batman Q-Pop Figure, Brawlhalla download with exclusive skins, Star Trek air freshener, and the button.

Otakon swag!

Day 1:

Naruto and Bleach were free.

Day 2:

The Goku phone charm and Sailor Moon button are free (the former because I bought a Resurrection F ticket and the latter was at the Viz Panel).

Both tote bags were free. Zelda one was technically gotten yesterday.

Day 3:

Shirt was free from AnimEigo panel. Aldnoah Zero DVD same from Day 2 pic but with autographs by a bunch of people.

Close up of autographs. Actually first autograph I've gotten since JDF years ago.

Really like the Squirtle shirt. I think there's one for each of the three original starters.

There is, but Blastoise is better than the other 2 easily.
I picked up the Charizard & Blastosie one at ComiKaze last year. Blastoise is my favorite pkmn, so i had to get it but I felt Charizard looked amazing too. So I ended up with both and some kick ass posters (Zelda & AoTT). Did they have the buy 2 get 1 free on shirts plus 2 free posters deal going on as well?

Edit:Shirts

9urtop.jpg

Posters:

2h2mxad.jpg

No, it was a 3-for-$50 plus one poster. I got the Zelda one you have there. Don't hang up posters so I didn't care much anyway.

Sorry no pic, but I just picked up Wii Party U w/ Wii Remote bundle at the Cedar Hill, TX Toys 'R' Us for $34.99. This game and bundle is out of print and I've seen it going for $70 on eBay and Amazon. Really happy to have found it at retail and at such a great price.

All from amazon warehouse deals. The Nascar Unleashed had a copy of Mario Kart Wii inside instead. So they refunded me and just told me to keep it. Works out good since I'll be able to trade in the Mario Kart disc for $20 with coupon at gamestop. 

No, it was a 3-for-$50 plus one poster. I got the Zelda one you have there. Don't hang up posters so I didn't care much anyway.
I don't remember the deal too much, but I believe it was same one you got. I ended up with 3 shirts and two posters somehow tho lol.

That Attack on Titan poster is damn hot, I wanna see it in one of those large picture frames with black or white drop boarder around it.
8vrlmr.jpg

Got this in today from an eBay auction. Cost $75 (including shipping) overall. Meta Knight is a double so I will resell that one. Might sell Marth and Robin since I don't care much about those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back