* - - - - 1 votes

Shipwreck lives in a glass house, but he keeps throwing stones at Wombat.

Poll: Pronunciation!

Worst of the bunch?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 thakingrocka   El Profesor CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

thakingrocka

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:58 PM

Ship, how can you attack Wombat's regional pronunciation of Mario when your own regional pronunciation of saw sounds like the name of a person who would likely pronounce Mario just like Wombat does? Also, Ship, you use the word which in ways that make no sense ... after nearly every clause you utter. Leave Wombat's Mario alone. While we're at it, let's have a poll for s***s and giggles.

#2 detectiveconan16   Delicious! CAGiversary!   7116 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:27 AM

I pronounce it May-Rye-Oh!

#3 thakingrocka   El Profesor CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

thakingrocka

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:00 PM

I'll add that option to the poll.

#4 donkeydrop   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   330 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

donkeydrop

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:07 AM

Cheapy and Ship don't say it the correct Italian way either; it's Mahr-yo; the a is more like Wombat says it, roll the r and there's no i sound.  But as Marry-o Cuomo said, pronouncing it the Italian way is an affectation, and most Italian Americans say it Marry-o.  Marry-o Andretti says it that way too.  As far as I can tell the video game Mari-o pronunciation is based off the way Japanese say the name, not how Italians or Italian-Americans say it.

#5 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6948 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:50 PM

Didnt know there was such a thing as regional pronunciation of the sounds a saw makes.  Is it a regular saw or a chainsaw?

#6 thakingrocka   El Profesor CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

thakingrocka

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:58 PM

You'll have to ask Ship. I don't think he'll understand the question, though.

#7 StrangeBrew   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   141 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

StrangeBrew

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:34 AM

Bro, he's too busy looking out for the woofs of Ohio to worry about this shit.

#8 oogravyoo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   43 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

oogravyoo

Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:56 PM

Ship adds a L to saw.. sounds like sawl.

#9 thakingrocka   El Profesor CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

thakingrocka

Posted 22 November 2015 - 02:17 PM

I have a co-worker from Ohio who also sometimes talks about lawls, as in the rules we have established legally for society.

#10 phantomphoenix   Make It Loud! CAGiversary!   2477 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

phantomphoenix

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:19 PM

Bro, he's too busy looking out for the woofs of Ohio to worry about this shit.

And playing rounds of gawf.