Super Smash Bros. GameCube Adapter for Wii U $19.99 - Amazon/Nintendo

stringycupps1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Not a deal per se, but if you still haven't found one at MSRP (you really should've by now) you can grab one.  They weren't in stock the last time I checked 2 days ago...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L3LQ1FI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=jump&navCount=4&atg.multisite.remap=false&productId=prod500101&categoryId=

Couldn't find a thread on this so please delete if duplictate.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you haven't found this by now you should probably quit hunting for anything ever again because you're bloody terrible at it.

You can also use this to play game cube games on the Wii U in addition to being able to connect game cube controllers to PC.

You can also use this to play game cube games on the Wii U in addition to being able to connect game cube controllers to PC.
Wii U doesn't play Gamecube software.

OQKbsam.png

Wii U can absolutely play GameCube games and utilize the adapter for them also, requires a bit of easy effort on your part.

Can you play GC games out of the box? No you can't just put them in and play.

However, some claim that they have been able to run homebrew software to find some exploit in it.  Wouldn't recommend that.

Can you play GC games out of the box? No you can't just put them in and play.

However, some claim that they have been able to run homebrew software to find some exploit in it. Wouldn't recommend that.
Yeah, not only will you potentially brick your system, but you'll void your warranty and Nintendo could potentially refuse to repair your Wii U should they see any unauthorized software installed on it.

You're much better off with a Wii or Gamecube to play your Gamecube games.

He's talking about the WiiU hack that allows you to run ISO's from an sd card on the Wii part of the WiiU (as the software is still there to run Gamecube games, just not the disk reader). It does support the gamecube adapter too.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927094

And it won't brick your WiiU (unless you don't know how to follow directions) though it will void the warranty. Which you can just do a factory reset and be perfectly fine.

I've been meaning to do this for my WiiU but don't have time to play other games (playing Portal Stories: Mel and Fallout 3 though). I would love to play Super Mario Sunshine and Pikmin though. 

If I do this can I play foreign Wii games on it too? I bought a bunch of games from EU/JP. Assuming I can but figured I'd ask.
There are homebrew applications that will let you play discs from another region, I used Gecko OS to play Disaster: Day of Crisis on my original Wii back in the day, the vWii on Wii U should work the same.

bread's done
Back