Question

fredyyy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
My question is would it be possible to still share the account when purchasing games through the shared account if we are distant? or there are some limitation to doing so (such as the account holder has to be present to pick up the game.....etc)  

I thought I would get some opinions to help me make a decision...

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

My friend and I are thinking to buy bestbuy gamers club and share it since we both live close to each other. However, in few months, he will move to another state.

My question is would it be possible to still share the account when purchasing games through the shared account if we are distant? or there are some limitation to doing so (such as the account holder has to be present to pick up the game.....etc)

I thought I would get some opinions to help me make a decision...

Thank you
If you're paying with cash I think you would be alright. If you're paying with a credit card there's the smallest (smallest) possibility that someone would notice the discrepancy and put up a stink.

You do not need to be present to use it, although technically it is fraudulent of you/your friend to give someone else's account information. Not sure if it's "illegal" but I'm sure it's against their terms of service and there's a small chance of them suspending or banning the account.

I doubt they monitor purchases, such as "hey, this account bought Witcher 3 in Los Angeles and in New York on the same day and same hour". But that information is easily available for sure.

Safest bet (aside from two accounts and two memberships), is to make sure the secondary person who does not have their name on the account uses cash, and if at all possible, try to space game purchases apart to avoid suspicion.

I feel like BBY doesn't care if people share this. Officially, they said it's a no go but there are forums where people openly share their GCU discount at cost (ie, cost of game + taxes + shipping) b/c they rack up the rewards points. I mean, what's stopping you from saying you're buying something for yourself and some friends? 

And BBY probably gets better discounts/promotional offers when they buy as they can show a high volume of games being sold at their stores. 

Lite pink summarized basically all the important stuff. The only thing I would add is that there is a limit on titles purcased and traded in with gcu per account. I don't remember the exact limit, buts it's something along the lines of 3-4 of each game title per account. It's unlikely that you will go over this unless you both intend to flip a lot of games. You might want to consider coordinating that if you each plan on buying more than 1 copy of a title. I know it isn't a hard limit. (You can still buy more copies than the technical limit, but you risked being banned if you do so.)

Thank you very much that was very helpful!!

I just have one more question that was not mentioned. Let's say my friend wants to buy a game from the store. can he use my phone number that is attached to the reward gamers club?

Yes your friend can use your number. He will have to hit a button when checking out in order to "confirm" that he is you if the member ship is under you name, but they don't check Id or anything. I don't even have a card for my member ship. They look everything up through my phone number.

bread's done
Back