2015-2016 CAG Fantast Football League

mnuttster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
65 (100%)
CAG'ers! Anyone interested in playing in a fantasy football league again this year...probably will be similar to ones I've run in the past (ESPN, $5-$10 buy-in, 10-12 teams).

I know it's early but I usually get my other leagues rolling after 4th of July to get stuff in place before the season.

*I'm targeting a Sunday, August 23rd draft date...most likely around 8p CST (6p PST/7p MST/9p EST) to try and make it accessible for everyone...send me thoughts, concerns, frustrations with that timing.  I'd need payment for league dues and such by that time as well to ensure everyone is paid up and I'm not chasing anyone throughout the season for money*

08/08/2015 *Ok we have our 10 people...I'll start sending out DM's with where to send your $10 league buy-in, which will need to be paid prior to our draft date/time or else I'll have to give your team away...basically trusting everyone that they'll pay up in a reasonable time*

League Pay Out ($10 Buy-In Per Team):

$100 Total Pot

1st Place-$50

2nd Place-$30

Regular Season Division Winners-$10 (money back basically)

Looking forward to another awesome season!

Team #1-MNuttster (Invite Sent/Joined/Buy-In Paid)
Team #2-YourLeftHand (Invited Sent/Joined/Buy-In Paid)
Team #3-ChiefBrody1027 (Invite Sent/Joined/Buy-In Paid)
Team #4-sweetja713 (Invite Sent/Joined/Buy-In Paid)
Team #5-vrs1650 (Invite Sent)
Team #6-fatmanforlife99 (Invite Sent/Joined/Buy-In Paid)
Team #7-Blume3 (Invite Sent/Joined/Buy-In Paid)
Team #8-ThunderChunky62 (Invite Sent/Joined/Buy-In Paid)
Team #9-parrothead87 (Invite Sent/Joined)
Team #10-kklems (Invite Sent/Joined/Buy-In Paid)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so ready for football. I did one of those daily drafts on DK for baseball the other day and of course I did crap. I just can't pick baseball/basketball like I can football.

Hey all...*I'm targeting a Sunday, August 23rd draft date...most likely around 8p CST (6p PST/7p MST/9p EST) to try and make it accessible for everyone...send me thoughts, concerns, frustrations with that timing.  I'd need payment for league dues and such by that time as well to ensure everyone is paid up and I'm not chasing anyone throughout the season for money*

I updated the OP with this as well and we still need at least 2 more teams (if not 4).

Still need at least one more player/team to make a full 10 team league...once I have that person, I'll start asking for emails and for buy-in's to be sent in.

Out of curiosity other than the problems made by typing slower and possibly connection issues is there any other problems foreseen by drafting on mobile and is it even possible?

I know you could on last year on yahoo and nfl.com. Unless espn changed it up, you would need a phone like the note to run it. I remember getting a mock to work on it, but for actual drafting I wouldn't recommend it.

Out of curiosity other than the problems made by typing slower and possibly connection issues is there any other problems foreseen by drafting on mobile and is it even possible?
Mobile has come a LONG way in the past few years...I drafted my work league off my iPad last year (it has some solid league manager features too) and even with a decent wifi connection, had zero issues.

I've sent DM's to each of you asking for your personal emails to send the team invites to and the Paypal email address to send the $10 league buy-in to.

Please also remind me if you played last year and already have a team...I'll leave you with that team.

We are officially one week away from the draft on Sunday, August 23rd at 8pm CST.

I was able to get everyone an invite (some of us are from previous years and were either already in there or I had record of your emails) and a few people have paid their buy-in.

If for some reason if those of you that I haven't talked to aren't interested in playing anymore, PLEASE let me know right away so I can find someone to take your spot and we don't hold up the draft for everyone else.

Everything is basically the same except less teams this year (10 instead of 14) and the buy-in went from $5 to $10 (it's also Regular Season Division winners that get their money back instead of the most points).

Let me know if there are any questions, concerns, or issues prior to next Sunday night.

Glad to have all of you on board and good luck this year!

Looks like almost everyone is signed up and I'm just looking for a few more buy-ins...make sure to send that into the Paypal address for the league (let me know if you need the address again) before Sunday so I don't have to bug people.  Otherwise we are all set and ready to go for Sunday night's draft

Tonight at 8p CST (9p EST/6p PST) is our draft. I am still waiting on two league buy-in payments and one member to log into the league invite (who I might have to replace at the last minute if I don't get through to them as not to let it affect the rest of us by having to re-schedule).

Reminder it is 1pt PPR, so WR's or pass catching RB's do tend to be more important than standard leagues.

Unfortunately I am going to be on a day trip to Michigan from Illinois today so I won't be by a CPU (accessible via mobile) until right before the draft...hopefully no one runs into any issues or has super important questions, but let me know!

Glad to have all of you a part of the league this year and good luck this season!

Yeah shit sorry guys...I'll save the explanations, but yes I bumped the draft back to 8:45p CST because I gave the last member to join all day (with multiple reminders/emails/invites leading up to today knowing that id be out of pocket for most of the day).

I'm still short two people's buy-ins (both played last year so I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt of being adults), so if anyone has someone they know that is interested...I'm open to suggestions.

I'd need to know they would be ready to draft tonight and be able to pay their buy-in right away.

Ok 8:45 ain't happening either...stupid ESPN requires all members to be joined at least one hour prior to the draft (when the draft room opens)

It's 9:30p now, hopefully it doesn't kill anyone on the East coast starting at 10:30 EST.

No problem here, but I cant even log into the website.  Forgot my password and for the love of God, I can't get me a reset email.  Actually trying to get ESPN on the phone.  I thought I could draft via the app but it doesn't appear so,  Hopefully I get this sorted out.

No problem here, but I cant even log into the website. Forgot my password and for the love of God, I can't get me a reset email. Actually trying to get ESPN on the phone. I thought I could draft via the app but it doesn't appear so, Hopefully I get this sorted out.
Yea you can draft in the app but you obviously need to be logged in.

I'm having issues trying to get the invite to the new player cuz ESPN is getting jacked I guess by traffic

Yea you can draft in the app but you obviously need to be logged in.

I'm having issues trying to get the invite to the new player cuz ESPN is getting jacked I guess by traffic
Im logged in on the app, but where is the draft thing on the app? Sorry, first time using the app. Its the website on the pc I can't log in to.

Im logged in on the app, but where is the draft thing on the app? Sorry, first time using the app. Its the website on the pc I can't log in to.
Well the draft room won't open till an hour/60 minutes prior to the draft time, so it would be 8:30 CST/9:30 EST and it will have like a "Draft Room Open" link or something fairly obvious

Actually got the email.  For some reason, IE wont work with ESPN tonight.  Had to get in from Chrome.  Really weird.  Site must be getting hammered.  I actually gave up on the phone.  Waited forever and kept on getting hung up on.  I love that. lol.  But I'm good to go now.

Actually got the email. For some reason, IE wont work with ESPN tonight. Had to get in from Chrome. Really weird. Site must be getting hammered. I actually gave up on the phone. Waited forever and kept on getting hung up on. I love that. lol. But I'm good to go now.
Yea I got a flood of emails all of a sudden so maybe they had a huge server go down or something

My email reset went to spam for some reason.  Took me forever to think to check there for an email from espn.

bread's done
Back