How to safely sell PS4 with P.T.?

fuze9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
I'm sure you heard the news of P.T.'s tragic history—a Silent Hills demo that got hyped up before being pulled from the Sony store entirely. Once it's deleted, it can never be redownloaded. The only way to get a hold of P.T. now is to buy a PS4 with the demo already downloaded and installed. Thus, some were selling their systems on eBay for $1K or more, but eBay pulls the plugs on any such listings ASAP these days. A few slip through the cracks (with seemingly brand new eBay accounts, lest their main ones get perma-banned).

So I wonder—how do these intrepid few follow through on their sales? Surely you'll need to link the new eBay account to PayPal (and PayPal to a bank account to get that money).

Secondly, as far as the console is concerned, it's a digital title tied to your PSN account. As far as I know, you'd have to leave your account signed in, leaving yourself vulnerable to someone screwing up your player profile (that you may have invested years in)—messaging your friends, buying games, etc. And while you could deactivate the system from your profile via Sony's account management website online, I feel like that'd run the risk of making that copy of P.T. on the old console unplayable, ripping off the buyer.

Any thoughts or advice? I know any talk of scalpers is uncouth, and I'm not looking to rip anybody off one way or another—just wondering if there's a reasonable solution out there.

I'm pretty sure that would kill the P.T. demo, which—while advisable otherwise—would defeat the purpose.
That would be the smiley on the end of it, to point a sign that it was a sarcastic remark. ;)

I think you're pretty much screwed if you'd expect someone to not have access to your PSN account as the demo is tied to it. Changing the password on the account and that account no longer has access to it.

Unless someone who does gamesharing or the like on the PS4 has a better idea, I think you're up the creek if you sell the system with your account on it.

That would be the smiley on the end of it, to point a sign that it was a sarcastic remark. ;)

I think you're pretty much screwed if you'd expect someone to not have access to your PSN account as the demo is tied to it. Changing the password on the account and that account no longer has access to it.

Unless someone who does gamesharing or the like on the PS4 has a better idea, I think you're up the creek if you sell the system with your account on it.
Yeah, I'm thinking it might be more trouble than it's worth. Someone else told me you could change the password and still play the game, and I'd hate to end up losing the license to it entirely! Furthermore, I reached out to someone who did list theirs on eBay, and it was bought by some scammers who never paid anyway.

Ah well. It was all part of my master scheme to upgrade to that sweet sweet Destiny console, but maybe it's for the best not to feed that particular addiction anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back