President of Nintendo Satoru Iwata passes away at 55

It really says something when the CEO of a huge corporate entity dies and he is greatly missed.

https://twitter.com/BalrogGameRoom/status/620383962842664961?s=09

original.gif

1959-2015

This guy was always a joy to watch at Nintendo events...

I was not the biggest fan of Nintendo consoles (own most of them), but you can't deny that in terms of software they are the king of kings. Hardware...that's another story, but it is a sad sad day indeed for myself and all gamers everywhere.

You may like MS, PC, or Sony more, but I don't think anyone who actually plays games can say they did not enjoy at least a few Nintendo games in their life. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Starfox, Pokemon, and countless others. No other single publisher/developer comes close.

Holy shit, this came out of nowhere... RIP.

It really says something when the CEO of a huge corporate entity dies and he is greatly missed.

https://twitter.com/BalrogGameRoom/status/620383962842664961?s=09
Honestly, I lost a lot of love for Nintendo under his reign but gotta respect the guy for his non-upper management accomplishments. Never even knew about the PK Gold/Silver one...

EDIT* Also, got respect for him when he took pay cuts of shit 3DS sales... can't think of any other CEO who would even consider taking responsibility for fuck ups under his leadership.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT* Also, got respect for him when he took pay cuts of shit 3DS sales... can't think of any other CEO who would even consider taking responsibility for fuck ups under his leadership.
He also refused to have mass layoffs to help Nintendo's bottom line. He said it would help in the short-term, but screw you over in the long term.

Perfect proof I have no idea how Twitter trending works. The Top 5 Trending right now:

1) True Detective Recap - 12,400 tweets

2) Miss USA 2015 Recap - 43,900 tweets

3) Satoru Iwata passes away - 268,000 tweets

4) Introducing Basketball Wives LA's Patrice Curry - 55,400 tweets

5) The Strain "BK, NY" IGN Review - 17,000 tweets

How is Iwata not running away with the trend right now?

Last edited by a moderator:
RIP Mr. Iwata!  Your contributions to my life and those of many around me are undeniable.  You will be greatly missed!

Also, current rumors suggest that Nintendo knew this was coming, which played a part in the Muppet thing, Balloon Fight being in the NWC, and all the emphasis on Mario Maker.

Perfect proof I have no idea how Twitter trending works. The Top 5 Trending right now:

1) True Detective Recap - 12,400 tweets
2) Miss USA 2015 Recap - 43,900 tweets
3) Satoru Iwata passes away - 268,000 tweets
4) Introducing Basketball Wives LA's Patrice Curry - 55,400 tweets
5) The Strain "BK, NY" IGN Review - 17,000 tweets

How is Iwata not running away with the trend right now?
Well his passing has more tweets than the other 4 combined so there is that.

bread's done
Back