Free $10 at newegg using Amex check out works on anything $10 or more. Exp. 9/7/15

srac84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys American express introduced a new check out called american express check out..you can use it on multiple retailers but newegg.com is the only one with game related items..

Anyways you can buy e gift cards which include 10 dollars xbox gift cards or any other 10 dollar or more item. The statement credit should appear within a few days (it says 90 days but ppl on SD are reporting it comes up after 2 days)..

just add whatever card or item which is 10 dollars or more to your cart goto check out choose amex check out log in to your american express account and choose the card you want to use..I believe this can be done once per amex card so if you have 2 cards on 1 account you can do it once per card and get a $10 statement credit on each..I think though I've read somewhere that theres a 48 hour waiting period to buy gift cards on newegg but thats fine as this deal expires in september..... :) anyways thats all for now, enjoy your free 10 bucks or more if you have more cards :D

now for the sake of being complete ...amex will provide 10 dollars of statement credit per retailer using 1 card so if you use it for newegg ..and then at another retailer before the expiration date of sept 7..you will also get another 10 bucks ..its kinda a great deal :)....here's the list of the retailers..but like i said newegg is the only game related one..

newegg
ticketmaster
burberry
sabon
warby parker (dunno what that is haha)
barkbox
wall street journel online
ledbury

btw i just bought 2 gift cards using 2 amex cards associated with 1 amex account and they both went through so there is no 48 hour wait period ...now to wait on my credit :p (2 days or so) sorry to ramble on hopefully someone finds this useful!

*In order to be eligible, you must make a purchase at barkbox.com, us.burberry.com, laithwaiteswine.com, ledbury.com, newegg.com, sabon.com, ticketmaster.com, virginwines.com, warbyparker.com, wsj.com, or wsjwine.com, and, at time of checkout, select the Amex Express Checkout option instead of the merchant’s standard online checkout option. You must have an online account with American Express since you will be required to provide this username and password in order to use Amex Express Checkout. Offer ends 9/7/15. Limit one (1) $10 statement credit per American Express online account per merchant. Offer only valid on orders shipped within the United States and its territories. Offer subject to each participating merchant’s shipping policies and restrictions. Not all participating merchants may ship to all destinations within the U.S. and its territories. American Express® Cards eligible for this offer are U.S. Consumer and Small Business Credit and Charge Cards. American Express Corporate Cards are not eligible for this offer. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 9/7/15, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled.POID: BUI2:0001

Last edited by a moderator:
i guess you can buy only 1 gift card of the same kind within 48 hours..ah...so i got a dominos card and a xbox card and it was fine but when trying to buy another xbox card it says i'd have to wait 48 hrs...so some clarification there

No just checkout with amex checkout on the bottom..eg not just checking out and entering your amex info...its located near master pass etc

Cool. Was planning on getting The Fall tonight on Xbox One so snagged a $10 code and just will cross my fingers and hope the credit shows up. Thanks OP!

I thought the terms of this AMEX Checkout said 1 $10 credit per merchant per AMEX Online Account? If its per card (I have 3 cards linked to 1 AMEX ID) then I should try getting more GCs.

*In order to be eligible, you must make a purchase at barkbox.com, us.burberry.com, laithwaiteswine.com, ledbury.com, newegg.com, sabon.com, ticketmaster.com, virginwines.com, warbyparker.com, wsj.com, or wsjwine.com, and, at time of checkout, select the Amex Express Checkout option instead of the merchant’s standard online checkout option. You must have an online account with American Express since you will be required to provide this username and password in order to use Amex Express Checkout. Offer ends 9/7/15. Limit one (1) $10 statement credit per American Express online account per merchant. Offer only valid on orders shipped within the United States and its territories. Offer subject to each participating merchant’s shipping policies and restrictions. Not all participating merchants may ship to all destinations within the U.S. and its territories. American Express® Cards eligible for this offer are U.S. Consumer and Small Business Credit and Charge Cards. American Express Corporate Cards are not eligible for this offer. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 9/7/15, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled.POID: BUI2:0001

ya thats what the terms say but everyone on SD are saying its working per card..i mean i'd just buy stuff that you were going to anyway just be safe..if you are doing more than one

Thanks, OP!  I just ordered a $20 PSN card using American Express Checkout.  Looking forward to getting a $10 credit!

Because of deals like this over the past few weeks, I'll be picking up the $40 Arkham Knight Season Pass for $5 out of pocket, unless of course I can find another deal on PSN credit like this one before I beat the main game!

Is this another offer where I have to be selected for it? I don't see it in my "Offers" section on my account page.
no its not an offer under "my offers", you just check out on newegg using their new amex check out, which is located down below next to master pass paypal etc

no its not an offer under "my offers", you just check out on newegg using their new amex check out, which is located down below next to master pass paypal etc
In for one, didn't see anything anywhere about this when using the checkout though, I'll keep an eye on my email. Thanks if it works. :)

Will it say anything about the credit when checking out? I clicked the express checkout logo for Amex and proceeded, but no mention of credit.

I am buying $20psn credit

EDIT: Every $10 gift card

Link to a story about the deal http://thepointsguy.com/2015/07/amex-express-checkout/

Link to Amex about deal https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/express-checkout/index.html

Just got a $10 Xbox card.  I just had a bunch of money expire on accident since I never buy anything on my xbox :(  Hopefully this will be a good incentive to.

Just got a $10 Xbox card. I just had a bunch of money expire on accident since I never buy anything on my xbox :( Hopefully this will be a good incentive to.
i think i read somewhere xbox credit doesn't expire? is that just for credit that was converted from points a while back?

Been 3 days still haven't gotten my $10 credit yet, but I see the offer on my amex card on their website - its in the same place as the amex offers but you don't have to "activate" it, just says use amex checkout on newegg/etc - so hopefully get the $10 credit in the next few days.

mine posted finally, bought a $20 PSN e-GC and a $10 xbl e-GC with two different cards (same amex account) and it took 4 days for the $10 credit to post.  sweet, thanks OP

ya got credit on all 4 of my cards...hehe, was taking a while started to think it wasn't working but it worked! :) glad everyone got some free stuff

mine posted finally, bought a $20 PSN e-GC and a $10 xbl e-GC with two different cards (same amex account) and it took 4 days for the $10 credit to post. sweet, thanks OP
Hey guys, not to resurrect a dead thread but I was wondering if the reason I can only use of my family's 4 amexs for this offer is because we're all on my dad's one account as additional cardholders? If we had separate accounts or he had more than one of his own Amexs, would that change things?

the thread is not dead the deal goes on till sept...and i did this on my primary account my wifes primary account and each of us are authorized users on each others account with a card as well so 4 total cards and it worked for all 4 :)

Got my credit today for two amex cards. I can confirm this works.

For those that care I got $20 psn credit and a $10 banana republic gift card. $30 of stuff for $10. Great deal for me!

Toukiden Kiwami for Vita seems to be going out of stock everywhere and is hovering around $40 to $50, so I picked it up for $24.xx net with this rebate.

Was gonna buy a xbla card but found those Nintendo playing cards...

said screw it and placed the order.  Thanks OP

For you guys that got credited for two AMEX cards on the same account, do you mean you have two separate online amex accounts?

My wife and I each have amex cards but she only got hers when I added her onto my amex account as an authorized user. The cards have unique CC numbers from each other but whenever I log onto my amex account to pay the bills, both cards are on the same account so I'm only paying it down once everytime. Does that mean only one card between the two is eligible?

For you guys that got credited for two AMEX cards on the same account, do you mean you have two separate online amex accounts?

My wife and I each have amex cards but she only got hers when I added her onto my amex account as an authorized user. The cards have unique CC numbers from each other but whenever I log onto my amex account to pay the bills, both cards are on the same account so I'm only paying it down once everytime. Does that mean only one card between the two is eligible?
at the time the deal was posted it should be for each other...i got a $10 credit for my card and my wifes card which is an authorized card under the same amex account (last 5 digits are diff)...and also her account which i am an authorized user on (4 total cards)...some ppl in the SD thread were saying it shouldn't be the case eg it was an amex error that worked for everyone but either way it worked for me 4 x $10 credits :)

Got the $10 credit for a $20 psn email code. Thanks op!

-Update- Ordered another using a family member's AmEx ^^

Didn't work for me on the 2nd card on my acct, which is my wife's card as an authorized user on my acct. When you use American Express Checkout, it forces you to log in to your Amex online acct - and in my case, only gives the option to use the primary card number. No option to change to the other card or add the other card nunber.

This is for a Costco Amex, which may be a diff acct setup than a vanilla Amex. When displayed on my Amex online acct, it only shows 1 card with an additional user underneath. No mention of the other card number anywhere, even though her Amex has diff last 2 digits.

You don't need to spend over $10 to get credit. You can buy a $0.49 digital download, and still get $10 back as long as you use AMEX checkout.

Didn't work for me on the 2nd card on my acct, which is my wife's card as an authorized user on my acct. When you use American Express Checkout, it forces you to log in to your Amex online acct - and in my case, only gives the option to use the primary card number. No option to change to the other card or add the other card nunber.This is for a Costco Amex, which may be a diff acct setup than a vanilla Amex. When displayed on my Amex online acct, it only shows 1 card with an additional user underneath. No mention of the other card number anywhere, even though her Amex has diff last 2 digits.
I have the same card. Thank you I'll pass on a second order then.

I ordered a $20 PSN card.  When they asked me why I bought that item I was completely honest and typed the following:

"Because my friend's mom is hot and I really, really wanted to impress her by buying the game Donkey Balls on Xbox Live"

Thanks OP!

BTW if I don't get my $10 statement credit I am coming for you! :boxing:

7/28/15 - My credit appeared, thanks OP!

You don't need to spend over $10 to get credit. You can buy a $0.49 digital download, and still get $10 back as long as you use AMEX checkout.
This offer is so good, I had to bump it up - still good until 9/7! I got a $10 credit for each of my 2 different amex cards on the same online account. Buying the $.049 digital download is definitely the way to go if you aren't interested in xbox credit.

Thanks for the bump - I didn't see this originally.  I just tried a $0.49 Max Payne code.  So if my wife and I have two Costco AMEX cards (linked to the same account) it should work on both?  I guess I'll wait to see if I get the first credit, then try the second one.

Also, on the regular offers I saw get $5 back on $25 spent at Sweet Tomatoes.  Since I go there semi-regularly I'm glad I checked and saw that one.

Did this back when it first started. 4 different accounts with 3 cards on each (total of 12 cards) all received the $10 credit for newegg on all 12 cards. SD were saying it worked for each site listed but I haven't seen anything worthwhile from the other vendors. 

bread's done
Back