Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition $29.99

doug_brit

CAGiversary!
Browsing on prime day I noticed Amazon has the game $10 cheaper Preorder then Walmart and Best Buy. If you haven't played this series, I'd highly recommend it (plus it's a wink, wink to gunfire games letting the publisher know there is still interest in this series).

http://www.amazon.com/Darksiders-2-Deathinitive-Edition-PlayStation-4/dp/B00TKLFOLK?tag=cheapassgam08-20

EDIT: Thanks to kickrockz713 for pointing our that Best buy has now updated their price to $29.99 also, GCU get it for $23.99. Free shipping on Best Buy at the time is a purchase over $35, 3.99 shipping otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. In for one at this price. If Best Buy matches it or it ends up being the same price before GCU at Best Buy, it's an easy cancel.

Can't complain about the price; undecided about the preorder. Wish BBY has it up (at the same price, i meant).

I'm thinking PS4/PC Nordic hasn't confirmed or denied an XBOX One version, but with a solid Oct 6th release, I'd think Microsoft would have it listed somewhere.

Gamespot Article

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-darksiders-2-death-initive-edition-revealed/1100-6427621/

Official GunfireGames

http://gunfiregames.com/darksiders-2-deathinitive-edition/
This article suggest development for both :ps4: and :xb1:, and also hints that they may be considering re-working the first game:

http://gamerant.com/darksiders-2-deathinitive-edition-new-game-announcement/

Between this and prototype how many times can they rerelease them...Great game but I think whoever wanted to play it has done so at this point.

Between this and prototype how many times can they rerelease them...Great game but I think whoever wanted to play it has done so at this point.
Not everyone has played them that might want to. ;) And as long as the remastered versions aren't just prettier ports but actually come with all DLC released for the game (as is the case here), I'd definitely give it a chance for the right price.

Thanks! your right the VG247 article states:

"Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition will be made available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this winter."
So I'm hopeful, but there doesn't seem to be a page for the :xb1: version up yet at either amazon.com or bestbuy.com. Maybe that version has been delayed?

Nice find. Will place a pre-order for this price just in case. Was gonna get it at $40 but was still debating it. This makes it a little more comfortable to buy day one.

If they did both games remastered at $60 I would be much more interested (when it goes on sale)!
Same, I really liked the 1st one but this one was meh to me. I'll still buy it when it drops to under $10 though, most likely at Gamefly.

First game was stellar.  The second one I got but never had the time to get into.  I still have it on my shelf, but will definitely be picking up this remastered one.  I highly recommend the first game if you have not played it yet.

So dumb that this doesn't include the vastly superior part 1. Although I did beat both and I didn't hate 2, but just prefer 1.

First game was stellar. The second one I got but never had the time to get into. I still have it on my shelf, but will definitely be picking up this remastered one. I highly recommend the first game if you have not played it yet.
This. For me, I think it had something to do with using a sword vs a scythe. Didn't even finish the second game, whereas the first one I made sure to find all the talismans or whatever the collectibles were (can't remember exactly as it's been a couple years since I played it). Also the second game from what I could tell was excessively long. I was about 16-17 hours in before I put it down.

No more remasters, Sony. Just one new game or an original IP... That's all we're asking for... Just one...

please.gif

next gen was always gonna be heavy on indies now add remasters weeeee 80% of releases make me go hmmmm this is what casuals want most. Why pc will always be best of all worlds.

I always liked the second one better. More RPG elements in this type of game is almost always better for me and I liked the combat more.

No more remasters, Sony. Just one new game or an original IP... That's all we're asking for... Just one...

please.gif
.remasterers are always outsourced so the teams who made these games aren't working on them themselves
.Sony ALWAYS makes new and original ip's
.this isn't even a Sony game, crytek owns the darksiders ip

This is a pretty good deal. It actually beats GCU slightly. I hope Best Buy maybe drops the price on their site, and thus make it $24 after GCU.

EDIT: Nevermind. Can't get free shipping, so it's at least $35. Weird. Also, big BLARG to all the "Douglas' Wishlist" stuff :p

Is this a Zelda knock off like the first one was? If it is I'll get it. I'm a sucker for Zelda type stuff
Yes, but better. The first one was pretty great after the TERRIBLE opening stretch. 2 is great right out of the gate and stays pretty fun, although I haven't finished it yet. I got about 1/3rd through and heard about this remaster. I decided to wait for the remaster (was playing DS2 late last year for the first time) since it seemed to be pretty soon.

.remasterers are always outsourced so the teams who made these games aren't working on them themselves
Crytek tried to buy the IP but didn't. Nordic Games owns the IP now. The studio that is working on this DE is Gunfire Games and it is run by David Adams, a founder of Vigil Games that created Darksiders to begin with. David Adams did previously work for Crytek USA, but that subsidiary fell apart and he took off to form Gunfire Games. Nordic Games is now working with Gunfire Games to handle development. I don't know if this means Nordic Games owns part of Gunfire Games or not, but they're at least partnering for it. And most likely if Nordic Games wants a Darksiders 3, they'd end up having Gunfire Games make it for them since there is a truckload of former Vigil employees there.

I'm talking about the PS4 in general

The Last of Us Remastered

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition

DMC: Devil May Cry Definitive Edition

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

Metro Redux

Borerlands: Handsome Collection

Grand Theft Auto V Next-gen Edition

Darksiders 2: Death-initive Edition

God of War 3 Remastered

Tearaway Unfolded

Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection

Dishonored Definitive Edition

Aside from ports, what new AAA games have we seen on PS4?

Killzone Shadow Fall

Infamous Second Son

Bloodbourne

I'm not saying the Xbox One is much better in this case, but at least with remasters like the Gears of War Ultimate Edition it's at least a true remaster and not just a blatant port.

I'm talking about the PS4 in general

The Last of Us Remastered
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
DMC: Devil May Cry Definitive Edition
Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
Metro Redux
Borerlands: Handsome Collection
Grand Theft Auto V Next-gen Edition
Darksiders 2: Death-initive Edition
God of War 3 Remastered
Tearaway Unfolded
Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection
Dishonored Definitive Edition

Aside from ports, what new AAA games have we seen on PS4?

Killzone Shadow Fall
Infamous Second Son
Bloodbourne

I'm not saying the Xbox One is much better in this case, but at least with remasters like the Gears of War Ultimate Edition it's at least a true remaster and not just a blatant port.
Only 4 of those on your list are from Sony though.you are making it seem like Sony are doing all of these which isn't even close to the truth. there are a lot more original games coming as we all know. As for the term "AAA" I hate that term as it is subjective. Remember my friend neither the ps4 or xbone are two years old yet. "AAA" games take time to make so its not like you csn just pump them out at will lol. The xbone hasn't had a big exclusive AAA game all year long and won't have one till this fall but I don't see you complaining about that

Only 4 of those on your list are from Sony though.you are making it seem like Sony are doing all of these which isn't even close to the truth. there are a lot more original games coming as we all know. As for the term "AAA" I hate that term as it is subjective. Remember my friend neither the ps4 or xbone are two years old yet. "AAA" games take time to make so its not like you csn just pump them out at will lol. The xbone hasn't had a big exclusive AAA game all year long and won't have one till this fall but I don't see you complaining about that
I'm guessing you own a PS4, considering how personally you seem to be taking this. From an unbiased perspective, I would say about half of the PS4's library consists of remastered games. Microsoft is guilty as well, but not to the same extent as Sony.

I'm guessing you own a PS4, considering how personally you seem to be taking this. From an unbiased perspective, I would say about half of the PS4's library consists of remastered games. Microsoft is guilty as well, but not to the same extent as Sony.
That's what I'm saying. I own both and while they both lack new games at 2 years old, the PS4 has gone as far as remastering PS3 remasters of PS2 games (Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Remastered) to pad out its library. Enough is enough. When the PS3 was 2 years old (in November 2008) we had tons of quality exclusives to the system:

Metal Gear Solid 4

Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction

Uncharted Drake's Fortune

LittleBigPlanet

Heavenly Sword

Resistance 1 and 2

And that's just PS3 exclusives. Don't get me started on 3rd party games. Now it's like "Well, Killzone and Knack weren't great, but at least they're Playstation exclusive. We deserve better. I think it's pretty safe to assume the PS3/360 were about as good as console gaming is ever gonna get

Ehh, at least they have something to play on PS4. What has come out this year on Xbox or Wii U?

Xbox particularly, that garbage console hasn't had a major release in nearly a year.

Ehh, at least they have something to play on PS4. What has come out this year on Xbox or Wii U?

Xbox particularly, that garbage console hasn't had a major release in nearly a year.
They literally have every single employee across all their departments overseeing Halo 5 to make sure it's the second coming they need

Ain't no one got time to release anything new

Although, The Xbox One is getting the best value of the year with Rare Replay. 30 games for $30? They could release just 2 or 3 games off that collection and ask $30

It's not that I'm biased, it's that he's complaining about one console getting remasters despite the fact that it's closest competition is getting just as many. Most of these remasters are from third party developers so for someone to complain about Microsoft/Sony getting them is silly imo. If the in house developers for Sony and Microsoft were working on all of them then that's a different story. But they are all out sourced while the AAA games are being worked on. No harm done imo

Not sure why people are getting so defensive about some comments.

Anyways, if Darksiders 1 were remastered along with 2, I'd likely buy this as I thought the first one was great. I couldn't get through the second.

Not sure why people are getting so defensive about some comments.

Anyways, if Darksiders 1 were remastered along with 2, I'd likely buy this as I thought the first one was great. I couldn't get through the second.
I feel ya. I tried so hard to get thru, and maybe got halfway in. Which makes me sad, given that I have that Darksiders 2 guitar they gave away. I wanted to love it like i did DS 1.

There's the Halo: MCC & Gears of War Ultimate Edition on the Xbox.

Then you've got God of War Remastered, Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection, The Last of Us Remastered, & Tearaway Unfolded.

I like in the title, Deathinitive, even they are making fun of themselves and remasters.

Oh and earlier this week we got a sneak release of a Prototype collection, add that to the list I guess.

There's the Halo: MCC & Gears of War Ultimate Edition on the Xbox.

Then you've got God of War Remastered, Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection, The Last of Us Remastered, & Tearaway Unfolded.

I like in the title, Deathinitive, even they are making fun of themselves and remasters.

Oh and earlier this week we got a sneak release of a Prototype collection, add that to the list I guess.
I enjoyed prototype 2 and I never got to play 1. Part one looks horrible on this remaster lol. Then again the original version was so ugly nothing could save it without re doing textures and whatnot so we shouldn't be surprised. I'd be down for part 3 ^_^

bread's done
Back