Marvel Phase 2 Cinematic Collection - $199.99 @ Amazon.com

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
And here we go again, with a Marvel Phase 2 Cinematic Collection on the horizon @ $249.99 $174.99 $219.99 $199.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Phase-2-Collection-3D-Blu-ray/dp/B00Z7EMJ4E

Contents Include:
Marvel’s Iron Man 3 (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
Marvel’s Ant-Man (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
PLUS
Top-Secret Bonus Disc and more!
Shame is that I own Thor 2, Cap 2 and GOTG on BB steelbooks already, plus IM3 already. Expecting BB steelbooks for Avengers 2 and Ant-Man, so I'm sort of meh about this.

EDIT:

Shows a release date of 12/08/15, plus an illustration of the final product. Price is $219.99, though was down to $174.99 at one point when up for pre-order.

EDIT #2 (11/04/15):

Dropped down to $199.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ant-Man is part of phase 2? Always thought the phases end with Avengers.

Ant-Man was surprisingly pretty good, surprised the hell out of me. 3D was definitely worth it and made a lot of the scenes better.

Ant-Man is part of phase 2? Always thought the phases end with Avengers.

Ant-Man was surprisingly pretty good, surprised the hell out of me. 3D was definitely worth it and made a lot of the scenes better.
I freaking LOVED ant man !!!! I'm glad it went the more light hearted guardians of the galaxy route as a serious tone like winter soldier had wouldn't have worked for this film. The final battle with yellow jacket and ant man was great and super creative !! I always get the blu ray's for mcu at launch so sadly I don't get these collected editions. I'd be all over them if I didn't get the blu ray's

Btw ant man is part of phase 2

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Phase_Three

Phase Three is set during a time of discord generated from the aftermath of Ultron's attack against the Earth. With public opinion of superheroes becoming increasingly divided, the Avengers become fragmented. In the midst of the Avengers' turmoils, a number of new characters are introduced, such as Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Spider-Man, and Captain Marvel. Thanos' plot to collect all of the Infinity Stones, which began late in Phase One, is drawn to a close in this saga.

Confirmed Films
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
When the government forges an act designed to regulate all superhuman activity, Captain America and Iron Man form polarizing factions based on their opinions toward the idea, resulting in the two heroes coming to blows.

Doctor Strange (2016)
After being in a horrific car accident, neurosurgeon Stephen Strange uncovers the hidden world of magic and alternate dimensions, and must use his newfound discovery to defeat a powerful threat.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (2017)

Spider-Man (2017)

Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Avengers: Infinity War Part I (2018)

Black Panther (2018)

Captain Marvel (2018)

Avengers: Infinity War Part II (2019)

Inhumans (2019)

I bought the first one even though I already owned all the movies, I'm hesitant to do it again. Especially with the increased price tag.

That's MSRP at the moment, so it likely will be cheaper by time of release.  Hopefully less of an issue as they won't be copying a briefcase design this time around.

Can't wait to see what useless junk this comes with this time to "justify" the cost this time.  I swear it's like the equivalent of those shitty CE's we keep getting.

Honestly I don't get the appeal of this, isn't it cheaper to buy the movies as they come out?  Then you won't have to wait, what, 3 years to see them all?

Last edited:
Can't wait to see what useless junk this comes with this time to "justify" the cost this time. I swear it's like the equivalent of those shitty CE's we keep getting.

Honestly I don't get the appeal of this, isn't it cheaper to buy the movies as they come out? Then you won't have to wait, what, 3 years to see them all?
But I love spending $250 on a set of six movies I could have bought years ago for cheaper! It's only $40 a movie! A steal at half the cost! As in literally they are stealing form you at this price.

And yeah yeah I know it will drop in price, but it's still really weird and expensive.

Did yours go down? Mine didn't yet or does it take some time to?
Mine did not automatically go down, but I sent an email to Amazon asking that they adjust the price for me now rather than wait for the pre-order guarantee to kick in when it ships.

If I remember correctly I had to do this with the Phase One set as well, as that price dropped considerably as well.

My price point was under $200 so I'm really happy someone caught this! With Phase One I double dipped and bought all the movies when they came out and then again for the box set. This time around I was smarter and have been waiting for the Phase 2 set. I also have a 3D TV, so at about $30 a movie, I don't think that's that bad at all. Going rate for most new 3D movies anyways.

Mine did not automatically go down, but I sent an email to Amazon asking that they adjust the price for me now rather than wait for the pre-order guarantee to kick in when it ships.

If I remember correctly I had to do this with the Phase One set as well, as that price dropped considerably as well.

My price point was under $200 so I'm really happy someone caught this! With Phase One I double dipped and bought all the movies when they came out and then again for the box set. This time around I was smarter and have been waiting for the Phase 2 set. I also have a 3D TV, so at about $30 a movie, I don't think that's that bad at all. Going rate for most new 3D movies anyways.
Ok thanks for the info, I will shoot them an email as well

Just to confirm, got an email response from Amazon already. Price has been adjusted to $174.99 on my pre-order.

Better deal than the Phase 1 release considering all films are in 3D.

Phase 3 will probably go for like $400 though with all those films coming out.

Case looks cool...until you realize that is cheap plastic instead of a more high-quality material.

Also, the extras disc on the Phase 1 set was pathetic, so I expect this to be the same.

bread's done
Back