Gamestop Ban

espi11b

CAG Newbie
If you get banned for flipping games at Gamestop do they take away your preorders if you paid them in full with GS credit?

I flipped about 5 copies of PS3 MLB this last 50% sale they had going, should I cancel my preorders and put the credit on GS gift cards till the heat dies down?

I didn't make a lot, but I heard that trading in more than 3 copies of a game a month gets people banned... I didn't know this at the time, and honestly, I'm still not 100% sure that information is accurate

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
The trade-in limit is real. Expect this soon:

tumblr_mpe96of16G1somw7ho1_500.png

You get banned when you trade in 5 of an item within a 30 day period. So never go past 4. Looks like you did go past the limit but you will only be banned from trading in games. Your preorders and your credit will be fine. The ban varies so the only way to know if you're unbanned is to try to trade in and see.

A way around is IF your stores don't require ID on trades in then you can make another PUR pro account and still do trade ins. Like I said if your stores require ID then there's nothing you can do except have somebody else trade in for you using a different PUR account.

Seriously though why didn't you ask people in the GS threads before doing that? Freaking  :newbie:

Thank you both for the replies. I tried to google the info and couldn't find anything on it, just some speculation, nothing from Gamestop itself.

They really should include this information on their website, at the very least, in big bold letters.

You also get banned if you trade in more than $1000 worth in a single month's time. Most likely you're banned from trading in anything for 30 days from the date of the ban.

i hope you get banned from this forum too, with your 3 lurker posts. 1 of them being begging posts.

You get banned when you trade in 5 of an item within a 30 day period. So never go past 4. Looks like you did go past the limit but you will only be banned from trading in games. Your preorders and your credit will be fine. The ban varies so the only way to know if you're unbanned is to try to trade in and see.

A way around is IF your stores don't require ID on trades in then you can make another PUR pro account and still do trade ins. Like I said if your stores require ID then there's nothing you can do except have somebody else trade in for you using a different PUR account.

Seriously though why didn't you ask people in the GS threads before doing that? Freaking :newbie:
he was too busy begging for more 50% trade in coupons with his alt accts, so he can make profit before he gets banned from gs for the second time.

Seriously though why didn't you ask people in the GS threads before doing that? Freaking :newbie:
Thank you,

Over the weekend we traded in between $900-1000 worth of Skylanders merchandise.

There were multiples of a few characters due to TreeRex being given with literally everything during Giants.

We're afraid we were going to be trade banned, but nothing surpassed the 3 of Treerex
....... save for the wireless 3DS portals... I had 2 Giants, 1 Spyro, 1 Trap and 1 Swap portal.
The swap I think is unique.

(had to look, yes Swap is unique)

I wish there was a way to see trades and purchases on their site.

I know you can see activity but it seems to be more about your points.

i hope you get banned from this forum too, with your 3 lurker posts. 1 of them being begging posts.
1.) I am new to this website. It was highly recommended by a content creator on YouTube.

2.) Since I am new to the website, I obviously have a low post count.

3.) I offered to trade a 50% code from the 7/27 - 8/2 sale for a code to the earlier sale. That isn't begging that's called trading. I recommend a reading comprehension class if you cannot figure out the difference.

4.) Last I checked, this website is here to inform people about deals, and how to get them. I asked a question about Game Stop policy and it was answered. I have other things to spend my time on other than stalking people and harassing them about what they write and why on the CAG forums.

5.) So if anyone has a creepy/lurker post, that would be you.

Apparently, the >$1K trade in over 30 days seems to be false, as I've gone well beyond that point and was still able to trade in yesterday.  Between two weeks prior and Monday, I had exceeded that threshold.

Thank you,

Over the weekend we traded in between $900-1000 worth of Skylanders merchandise.

There were multiples of a few characters due to TreeRex being given with literally everything during Giants.

We're afraid we were going to be trade banned, but nothing surpassed the 3 of Treerex
....... save for the wireless 3DS portals... I had 2 Giants, 1 Spyro, 1 Trap and 1 Swap portal.
The swap I think is unique.

(had to look, yes Swap is unique)
Ouch if you got $900-$1000 in gamestop credit for skylanders merchandise then I'd hate to see what the initial investment was lol. Hopefully a flip. If not a quick costly fad.

Thank you both for the replies. I tried to google the info and couldn't find anything on it, just some speculation, nothing from Gamestop itself.

They really should include this information on their website, at the very least, in big bold letters.
they don't put it on the website because they don't expect people to trade so many duplicates.

I don't trade their very often, but I figured they would have dumb rules like this. 

bread's done
Back