* * * * * 2 votes

Zero Escape 3 Watch Preorder Bonus ***ALL SOLD OUT***

#1 Spiky  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:07 PM

IMPORTANT

As of 8/8, Gamestop looks to be out of all limited edition watch copies. Hope everybody got one that wanted one! Now the long wait begins...

TL;DR Links

Gamestop 3DS ($39.99, $3.50 value shipping or in-store pickup) SOLD OUT:

http://www.gamestop....escape-3/123490

Gamestop Vita ($39.99, $3.50 value shipping or in-store pickup):

http://www.gamestop....escape-3/123489

Amazon 3DS / Vita ($39.99 with free shipping option) SOLD OUT:

http://www.amazon.co...s=zero escape 3

OP: Hey guys,

I just happened to check Gamestop's Zero Escape 3 preorder pages and it seems that they have added information about the limited watch bonuses being available now! I wanted to post this as quickly as possible since the Amazon ones went so fast, but who knows how many orders Gamestop will take.

Price is the same as Amazon, $39.99, although there doesn't seem to be a free shipping option available right now. I ordered one of each for 3DS and Vita (since I don't know which system it'll be better to play on yet) and had to pay $3.50 for value shipping/handling for each copy. One other caveat is that the order confirmation email I got didn't say anything about the watch bonus on it, so here's hoping Gamestop honors it! I'm still keeping an eye out for Amazon preorders to come back in stock because of that, but it's nice having the Gamestop preorders as a backup, at least.

Also, there's only one page for each version (3DS and Vita), and no differentiation between limited preorder and standard versions like Amazon has.

Update: Looks like according to various Aksys tweets, Amazon may be getting one last batch of watch edition preorders up sometime soon (credit to detcgb), and no stores other than Amazon and Gamestop will be carrying the watch versions (credit to htz). Thanks for the tips!

Update 2 (July 22 @14:18 EST): Amazon has Vita watch edition preorders back in stock (thanks leylines and Green Card200), 3DS watch version should be coming back in stock soon as well according to a tweet.

Update 3 (July 22 @15:00 EST): The 3DS LE version is now also available in addition to the Vita LE version on Amazon via the link above (thanks htz). Remember, this is the last watch edition batch for Amazon, so don't wait if you're planning on getting it!

Update 4 (July 23 @16:20 EST): Amazon looks to be sold out of both 3DS and Vita copies, almost certainly not getting any more in stock barring cancellations (thanks leylines).

Update 5 (August 2 @02:41 EST): Looks like Gamestop is out of 3DS copies (thanks letsgetacid). Vita copies still available for now.

Update 6 (August 8 @03:52 EST): Gamestop is all sold out of limited edition copies!

#2 dannyboy235   CAG Master Banned   414 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

dannyboy235

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:18 PM

Hey guys,

I just happened to check Gamestop's Zero Escape 3 preorder pages and it seems that they have added information about the limited watch bonuses being available now! I wanted to post this as quickly as possible since the Amazon ones went so fast, but who knows how many orders Gamestop will take.

Price is the same as Amazon, $39.99, although there doesn't seem to be a free shipping option available right now. I ordered one of each for 3DS and Vita (since I don't know which system it'll be better to play on yet) and had to pay $3.50 for value shipping/handling for each copy. One other caveat is that the order confirmation email I got didn't say anything about the watch bonus on it, so here's hoping Gamestop honors it! I'm still keeping an eye out for Amazon preorders to come back in stock because of that, but it's nice having the Gamestop preorders as a backup, at least.

Also, there's only one page for each version (3DS and Vita), and no differentiation between limited preorder and standard versions like Amazon has.

3DS:
http://www.gamestop....escape-3/123490

Vita:
http://www.gamestop....escape-3/123489

That's great! I know those that missed it the last time will appreciate this!

#3 psobb  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:21 PM

waiting for bestbuy... but thanks!

#4 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23575 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:29 PM

Put in an order... just to be safe since Amazon has a crap record for shipping safely. 

#5 moopher   Uvula flicker CAGiversary!   1221 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:41 PM

Likewise, I hope they end up having it!

#6 domoniccc  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:45 PM

GameStop does as Amazon, correct? As in they won't charge for a pre-order until its actually shipped and no initial verifying charge that some places do? /noob

#7 Chokingduck  

Chokingduck

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:58 PM

GameStop does as Amazon, correct? As in they won't charge for a pre-order until its actually shipped and no initial verifying charge that some places do? /noob

Can't answer that question but usually $5 down will reserve your copy in-store, if that helps.

#8 Spiky  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:07 AM

Looks like the product page says " Online orders are not billed until your shipment is processed," and their pre-order faq states that at the earliest, online pre-orders won't process until 10 days before release. Anecdotally, I haven't been charged anything yet, so I don't believe there's anything like a verifying charge involved.

#9 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5553 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:08 AM

Might have to stop by my local Gamestop to pre-order this.

#10 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5553 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:08 AM

Might have to stop by my local Gamestop to pre-order this.

#11 jrr6415sun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3051 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

jrr6415sun

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:09 AM

anyone able to get free shipping? saver isn't working for me, says not eligible

#12 Asgardian   Crazy Ass Game Collector CAGiversary!   950 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:09 AM

Thanks OP, dont have a vita yet but ordered one just in case, with the 'stacked' ebay/gs gift card, this is awesome deal! 

#13 LD_Helix   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:12 AM

Thanks OP! Ordered two, here's hoping best buy will have it too.

#14 domoniccc  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:12 AM

Thanks for the help guys!! Gonna place an order just in case bb doesn't get the 'watch' edition.

#15 dtcgb  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:13 AM

If you prefer Amazon, they'll be (probably??) getting one final wave of preorder watches soon, according to this tweet.

#16 domoniccc  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:13 AM

Nice find, thnx

#17 jr8rulz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   631 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:14 AM

pre-ordered it...but may cancel it before then.  

#18 htz  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:20 AM

Likewise, I hope they end up having it!

^Director of Production at Aksys Games.

#19 tinypoem   CAG Veteran & Hand Model CAGiversary!   641 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:28 AM

I guess BB is out of the question then. You guys should stop waiting it seems.

#20 LD_Helix   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:29 AM

Thanks for that heads up there detcgb and htz! Might get one more and wait for amazon.

#21 psihog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   296 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:33 AM

Have you guys seen this watch yet?

#22 psobb  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:43 AM

wow. good to know. thank you.

OK, just take my money please GS!

#23 opportunity777   Disco Fever CAGiversary!   5243 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

opportunity777

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:48 AM

No pics of the watch yet?

#24 jr8rulz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   631 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:49 AM

am I the only person that cant see the twitter posts being quoted?  

Now this has me thinking i need to play the first 2 games 

#25 dtcgb  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:57 AM

The first one is a great game, but the second one is the best handheld game of the entire current gaming generation. 999 can be a chore to play when you have to restart everytime you get a bad ending, but an ending flowchart smooths things out after the first blind playthrough. VLR fixed this issue and also has the better writing of the two games. Both are still must plays and the best games in the entire Visual Novel genre.

#26 Spiky  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:00 AM

Thanks detcgb and htz, I updated the OP with your tips! I'll be keeping an eye out for those Amazon ones for sure for the free shipping, if nothing else.

I had the same issue, but I realized that I was blocking Twitter with NoScript, and the tweets showed up after allowing it.

Also, I haven't played 999, but VLR was one of my favorite games of the past few years, and if you have a 3DS or Vita, I think most people would agree that it's one of the best experiences for those systems. It feels more like a visual novel with puzzles tacked on than a game, IMO, but if you enjoy games that are strong on story and can forgive light gameplay elements, it's well worth a try.

#27 jr8rulz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   631 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:07 AM

Thanks detcgb and htz, I updated the OP with your tips! I'll be keeping an eye out for those Amazon ones for sure for the free shipping, if nothing else.

I had the same issue, but I realized that I was blocking Twitter with NoScript, and the tweets showed up after allowing it.

Also, I haven't played 999, but VLR was one of my favorite games of the past few years, and if you have a 3DS or Vita, I think most people would agree that it's one of the best experiences for those systems. It feels more like a visual novel with puzzles tacked on than a game, IMO, but if you enjoy games that are strong on story and can forgive light gameplay elements, it's well worth a try.

I have both games, 999 on ds, and VLR on vita.... i just havent played them.  I tried to start 999 and got too tired and never went back.  This might push me to 

#28 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:27 AM

Whew, glad I didn't decide to wait for BB. I was able to get a :vita: order in at AMZ, would have been sad had I didn't.

#29 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder Banned   7273 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:33 AM

Got in on it. Hopefully Amazon gets it back.

#30 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3784 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:36 AM

:/ Gamestop sucks. That's all I have to say.