* * * * * 2 votes

Zero Escape 3 Watch Preorder Bonus ***ALL SOLD OUT***

#121 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23572 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:26 PM

It is much harder for me to trust Gamestop when it comes to this sort of pre-order. They give you no confirmation that you will recieve the item on your invoice. And they make it quite clear that the bonus will be in limited supply.

The fact that Amazon actually switches off the limited-edition version of the item when they have hit the limits of the units they have been promised is more encouraging. It makes it seem that they are taking the limited nature of the item more seriously.

I've never actually had a problem with not getting a pre-order bonus with GS, even when they don't list it. But I definitely get where you're coming from, in case you don't get it it'd be hard to argue. 

#122 Cloudx9  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:27 PM

What is special about this edition? I am new to the series of games so I know little. I preordered it just in case but I am curious whats special about the limited edition.

Comes with a limited edition watch

#123 bgrngod   CE/SE/LE/UE/PE/ME whore CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:27 PM

It is much harder for me to trust Gamestop when it comes to this sort of pre-order. They give you no confirmation that you will recieve the item on your invoice. And they make it quite clear that the bonus will be in limited supply.

The fact that Amazon actually switches off the limited-edition version of the item when they have hit the limits of the units they have been promised is more encouraging. It makes it seem that they are taking the limited nature of the item more seriously.

When it comes to physical items that are pre-order bonuses, I too have had some bad luck with getting them from Gamestop.  But when the item is packaged in with the game, they're 100% accurate.  I think the assumption with this pre-order is that it'll be attached to the game itself, not in a box necessarily, but in shrink wrap that previous "Watch bonus!" releases of the series have come in.

In this case, I'd recommend you should feel really confident that you'll get it if you pre-order with GS.  If you pre-order on the website, you don't have to put anything down and you can cancel the day you go to pick it up if they don't have the watch with it.  It's kind of a no-lose option.

#124 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2955 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:53 PM

It doesn't hurt to preorder at Gamestop while you're waiting for an Amazon restock. At least you have a chance of getting the watch that way. If you manage to get it at Amazon, cancel your preorder at GS. Better safe than sorry I'd say.

#125 Spiky  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:00 PM

It doesn't hurt to preorder at Gamestop while you're waiting for an Amazon restock. At least you have a chance of getting the watch that way. If you manage to get it at Amazon, cancel your preorder at GS. Better safe than sorry I'd say.

Agreed, if anybody missed out on the Amazon pre-orders, they don't lose much by reserving a Gamestop copy for now; they can always cancel or return later, so the worst case scenario would be losing out on a few bucks in shipping or gas money.

#126 letsgetacid   Would you kindly? CAGiversary!   329 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

letsgetacid

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:49 AM

Gamestop is now out of stock.

#127 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3629 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:54 AM

I actually got in at both Amazon and Gamestop. Guess I'll cancel Amazon; with Gamestop I'll get reward points, and it'll give me a chance to chat a bit with the employees when I go pick it up.

#128 Spiky  

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:38 AM

Gamestop is now out of stock.

Yep, looks like the 3DS version is OOS now. Thanks for letting us know, I'll update the OP

#129 Owlmanus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:32 PM

:/ didnt pre order damn im dum b

#130 DS9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:47 PM

Looks like this Hollday's Hot game to Flip! Thinking like $300 level.

#131 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2955 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:53 PM

Looks like this Hollday's Hot game to Flip! Thinking like $300 level.

I realize you're joking but the watch from the first game isn't far off from that. Not that this one would ever reach that level, but there is precedent.

#132 Spiky  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:07 AM

Final bump, looks like the watch bonus info is gone from both 3DS and Vita pages on Gamestop now, so I assume they're sold out. Hope everybody that wanted a copy got one!

#133 Narukami   http://i.imgur.com/J8SRXIT.jpg The hype is dead. CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:10 AM

Got one for each system at Amazon when the preorder first went live. This is the first time I will get the watch so I am so hyped.

#134 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2870 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:06 AM

Necro-Post! It was announced today that Zero Escape 3 will be launching in June. The previous date for most of the pre-orders was December of 2016. So finding out that it will be arriving a good six months ahead of that is pleasant for a fan like me. For the PC-enthusiast crowd, they also announced that Zero Escape 3 will also be coming to Steam at some undetermined point after June.

#135 Jackie Chandler   Jamanandayo! CAGiversary!   3177 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Jackie Chandler

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:10 PM

I just got an e-mail from Gamestop stating the following.

Dear XXXXXXX,

We are contacting you in regards to your GameStop.com order XXXXXXXXX for Zero Time Dilemma. There has been a slight delay in your order and it might arrive later than expected. We apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this has caused you. At this time we do not have an ETA for your item but rest assured, your order will be delivered as soon as possible. We appreciate your business and patience. If you require any additional assistance, please feel free to reply to this email, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Have a wonderful day,

Your friends at Gamestop.com

Anybody else receive something similar?

#136 theemadgamer   SILENCE! I keel you! CAGiversary!   1149 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

theemadgamer

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:23 PM

I just got an e-mail from Gamestop stating the following.

Anybody else receive something similar?

No, I ordered one for each platform from Amazon but equally odd is that while the standard editions show next week for delivery, the Watch editions still show the "we're still trying to determine timing" message instead of the known release date......

#137 AnnieDayNow   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

AnnieDayNow

Posted 26 June 2016 - 05:55 PM

yeah I got the same message from amazon.  I'm worried they won't ship the game without the watch, which aren't available.  It sounds like the watches are being sent to us directly from the publisher.

#138 cobolatrix  

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:48 PM

They'll ship the game without the watch and we'll be getting some kind of bonus when we get the watch (in a few weeks).

#139 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23572 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:19 PM

My big fear is that my address is gonna change in a month... and I'm afraid they'll ship these after and either USPS will Fuck up the mail forward (total idiots in my town) or UPS/FedEx will be used, which won't forward packages. 

#140 Narukami   http://i.imgur.com/J8SRXIT.jpg The hype is dead. CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:12 AM

My big fear is that my address is gonna change in a month... and I'm afraid they'll ship these after and either USPS will Fuck up the mail forward (total idiots in my town) or UPS/FedEx will be used, which won't forward packages. 

There should really be a better system in place for people who are moving. I can't count how many of my packages I didn't get when I did my last move.

#141 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10212 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:55 AM

Just change it to your parents house, I know they are not nearby but that will take care of that problem, wont it?

#142 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23572 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 01:05 PM

Just change it to your parents house, I know they are not nearby but that will take care of that problem, wont it?

That might be worth considering, although they're out a lot. 

Well, at this point, I guess I'll just hope it makes it to my hands. If not, I'll just buy them since Aksys said they'll be sold separately. 

#143 madcatz1999   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   699 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

madcatz1999

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:46 PM

Amazon order (3ds) still doesn't seem to have shipped. Hopefully I get at least something tomorrow, but isn't looking promising.

Edit: never got any message like the ones above, either.

#144 madcatz1999   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   699 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

madcatz1999

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:32 PM

Here's the story so far, from what I've been able to gather:

• Watches were allegedly damaged in transit, before they were ever shipped to any retailers.  Expected date of arrival on watches is now "months" away.
  • Aksys supposedly shipped watchless games to retailers, evidently expecting them to ship the games without the watches, and ship the watches at a later date.
  • Retailers may or may not have agreed or understood shipping the games without the watches.
  • Amazon currently is not shipping the games without the watches (and non-watch editions are currently backordered).  Supposedly if you pre-ordered from Gamestop in-store, you can pick up the watchless game today, and watches at a later date.  Not sure about online orders from GS.
  • Aksys still in contact with Amazon -- says they hope to have a statement from Amazon by 3PM EST.

Accounts to follow for more info:

https://twitter.com/aksys_danny

https://twitter.com/aksysgames

#145 UjnHunter   Frog Man CAGiversary!   1309 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:03 PM

Seems like many of you would like them to ship (charge you for the game & watch) the game first, then the watch (hopefully?) at some later date? I'm perfectly happy to wait until the order is complete before having them ship the game only and charging me full price.

#146 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23572 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:46 PM

Seems like many of you would like them to ship (charge you for the game & watch) the game first, then the watch (hopefully?) at some later date? I'm perfectly happy to wait until the order is complete before having them ship the game only and charging me full price.

This is what I would have preferred. I preordered the game for the watch... otherwise, I would have passed on the pre-order and waited to get it later when it might potentially be cheaper. 

By shipping the games now and the watches later, I have no recourse in case I don't get the watch b/c it'll be past the return window by the time the watches do get shipped. Plus, I'm moving in mid-July so my watch is gonna get shipped to my old address and I have to hope the dumbasses at USPS (in my area, generally I love USPS) forward it... generally the lazy fucks will just return to sender. If it's UPS or FedEx, I know I'm screwed since they don't forward and their stupid premium services (to hold mail, pick up at a location, etc.) won't work because they can't verify my address. Funny thing is, UPS actually sent me a certified letter to my address telling me that they can't verify it. 

#147 WilliamG   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1847 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:22 PM

Got my "approve delay" email from Amazon. :(

#148 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8358 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:02 PM

Got my "approve delay" email from Amazon. :(

I never received one of those...when did you get it?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

#149 madcatz1999   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   699 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

madcatz1999

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:18 PM

The watch edition didn't cost extra. Do I want the game today and the watch 3 months from now or the game and the watch 3 months from now? That's a no-brainier for me. What benefit is there for the latter?

#150 WilliamG   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1847 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:41 AM

I never received one of those...when did you get it?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

This morning.