* * * * * 1 votes

Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (PC) - $12 USD (Download)

pc greenmangaming gmg

#1 ElvinWasHere   Add Me! CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

ElvinWasHere

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:51 AM

Sorry if there's a separate thread for PC codes or Greenman Gaming deals but I've been on the lookout for this game for a while and I finally bit - I figured I'd share with anyone else who's interested.

http://www.greenmang...el-unlimited/#b

Then use code ENCORE-ENCORE-ENCORE for an extra %20 off - brings it down to 12.

On that note, I've heard mixed reviews - what're all your opinions on this?

#2 Josh1billion   ボディビルダー CAGiversary!   2078 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:36 AM

Very much worth it at that price.

As for what to expect... It plays pretty much how I expected an Elder Scrolls MMO to play.  Similar to Oblivion and Skyrim, just with the usual limitations that are presented when going MMO.

The main strength ESO has over other MMOs, I've observed, is its quests.  Quests are story-heavy and dialogue-heavy, and you can tell the designers tried hard to avoid resorting to generic WoW-style fetch quests.

#3 JohnDM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:51 AM

Is there any way to buy this for another person?  Does it spit out a code that I can just give to someone who might want it but isn't going to buy it themselves?

#4 fafafanta  

fafafanta

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:08 AM

Worth?  First time this game came out I heard nothing but bad things.

#5 Top Floor   File-Cabinet Robot CAGiversary!   27 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Top Floor

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:59 AM

Is there any way to buy this for another person?  Does it spit out a code that I can just give to someone who might want it but isn't going to buy it themselves?

Yes that is exactly what it does.  Your friend will sign up for an ESO account on the ESO website and then apply the code you will give him that GMG gave you.

Also, in case anyone was wondering, you can buy multiple codes from GMG that can be applied to multiple accounts.

#6 NeoMonk  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:15 AM

Still too expensive!

Got it on PS4 & it was trash...

#7 BlacKJesu5  

BlacKJesu5

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:31 AM

I love it on xbox 1....pvp Is a must

#8 cigaro   Constants and Variables CAGiversary!   925 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:38 AM

Damn. I have this on PS4 and i wanted a PC copy cuz my ps4 broke, but I just resubbed to FF XIV.

I feel like I should buy it just to have but im not sure.. i would be more enticed if my characters were shared across platforms 

#9 JoshuaJSlone   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

JoshuaJSlone

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:28 PM

Also, in case anyone was wondering, you can buy multiple codes from GMG that can be applied to multiple accounts.

Doesn't seem like this works. Having purchased it once, trying again tells me to remove invalid items before I can get through the checkout process.

How long does this price/voucher last? All the timers I see on the site just show 0 days 0 hours for the sale, but maybe since this is "encore" period that's accurate. If it will last long enough my friend can buy his own copy, no big deal this time.

#10 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36693 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:46 PM

Very much worth it at that price.

As for what to expect... It plays pretty much how I expected an Elder Scrolls MMO to play. Similar to Oblivion and Skyrim, just with the usual limitations that are presented when going MMO.

The main strength ESO has over other MMOs, I've observed, is its quests. Quests are story-heavy and dialogue-heavy, and you can tell the designers tried hard to avoid resorting to generic WoW-style fetch quests.

I bought this as soon as it dropped again because of WoW burnout and I am so happy with my purchase. I don't get the general hate for the game since it really does feel like playing a TES game where there's occasionally other people. Love the classes, love the way the skill system works, love the way the game looks. The UI is kinda clunky (though you can mod it) in the same way Skyrim's UI is clunky (since it's Skyrim's UI with a few more menus).

The one thing I'm really enjoying though is that the game world feels legitimately huge like you would expect from the series. Like in a normal TES game I just find myself wandering a lot and actually feeling like I'm exploring the world instead of just going from objective to objective. The game rewards you for that too since there seems to be a fair amount of stuff off the main paths that doesn't get marked on your map until you get closer to it. I like stumbling on these mini quest lines or caves full of monsters or bandits and their leader.

To that end I keep wandering around taking screenshots.  Last night I was near an erupting volcano:

a11hf7.png

i1cjmg.png

rubkzl.png

With the game being structured like a TES game and not WoW those kinds of things are actually really refreshing too. There's mobs and NPCs in logical places and not just an endless stream of things to kill across the entire game world.

If you don't like MMOs it's still an MMO but if you enjoy the genre I think it's worth it for $12. Certainly getting my money's worth out of it already even if I don't end up playing it long term. Can't wait to try some of the group content and PVP though.

#11 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36693 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:48 PM

Damn. I have this on PS4 and i wanted a PC copy cuz my ps4 broke, but I just resubbed to FF XIV.

I feel like I should buy it just to have but im not sure.. i would be more enticed if my characters were shared across platforms

Yeah, it's too bad the PC version re/launched so far ahead of the console ones.

#12 JoshuaJSlone   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

JoshuaJSlone

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:16 PM

How long does this price/voucher last? All the timers I see on the site just show 0 days 0 hours for the sale, but maybe since this is "encore" period that's accurate. If it will last long enough my friend can buy his own copy, no big deal this time.

I saw text on the site saying the voucher lasts until 1700 UTC, less than an hour from now. I just quickly sat up a second account and bought "myself" another key that way.