* - - - - 1 votes

Metroid Prime Trilogy used $39.99/$35.99 (w/PUR) @ GameStop / OOS ONLINE

Metroid Prime Metroid Prime

#1 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:07 PM

http://www.gamestop....e-trilogy/74982

Doesn't say online only, in store they're doing B2G1 free on Wii/regular DS, (I assume interchangable)

Base trade in is $10 so don't even think about it

OOS-Online as of now, but if it comes back:

Stacked all 3 coupons! $32.35 total after tax and free shipping! (PUR 10% off automatically, used code CAG16 for 16% off Used Games, and used code SAVER for free shipping.) Thanks OP!

Other finds, not by me (might be too much to change the title to include these)

One Piece Unlimited Adventure $39.99/35.99 PUR - http://gamestop.com/...og/Product/5618

Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkachi 3 $44.99/40.49 PUR -
http://gamestop.com/...og/Product/7882

Both in stock online as of this comment being posted.

I might not be a fungi, but with some time, I'll grow on you!

If you wanna visit me IRL, grow your only LonelyBacteria

Please skip part 3

#2 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39892 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:16 PM

if you buy three and trade them all in and then buy one with the credit, it's like getting it for free!

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#3 BlizzardCyclone   CAGS are HERE!! CAGiversary!   484 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

BlizzardCyclone

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:27 PM

Stacked all 3 coupons! $32.35 total after tax and free shipping! (PUR 10% off automatically, used code CAG16 for 16% off Used Games, and used code SAVER for free shipping.) Thanks OP!

Posted Image

#4 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:33 PM

Woops didn't know about those. Already OOS though

Please skip part 3

#5 Kotor15   Forum Content Cop CAGiversary!   2714 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:37 PM

Chances of finding metal case in store?

#6 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:40 PM

Two things:

1) I've seen many copies of this, may have seen one metal case

2) I believe these are 'reprints', I don't really know about these but if they are they wouldn't reprint the metal case/etc.

Please skip part 3

#7 Kotor15   Forum Content Cop CAGiversary!   2714 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:41 PM

That's what I was afraid of.

#8 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:03 PM

That's what I was afraid of.

Yea. I'm seeing it in every single store around me on the locator, these have to be reprints

Please skip part 3

#9 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:05 PM

Two things:
1) I've seen many copies of this, may have seen one metal case
2) I believe these are 'reprints', I don't really know about these but if they are they wouldn't reprint the metal case/etc.

yea GameStop reprinted this quite a while back and the reprint was done in a regular white wii case

#10 neb9  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:14 PM

Since the game is available for $20 (or $10 when it was first available) this does not surprise me. If only Nintendo released the Fire Emblem games digitally.

#11 teh lurv  

teh lurv

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:16 PM

Gamestop reprinted MPT about a year ago and overestimated the demand for the game. Every store in my area had one or two copies perpetually sitting on the Wii shelves. Maybe the price drop will finally clear out the stock, but it still isn't a great price. You can currently grab a steelcase 1st print for $10-20 more off ebay.

#12 BlizzardCyclone   CAGS are HERE!! CAGiversary!   484 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

BlizzardCyclone

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:18 PM

I was still able to order via mobile web page even though it say out of stock.  Weird! :)

Posted Image

#13 sovereignNX-73811   Don't ever be on a boat with Adol Christin CAGiversary!   5657 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:25 PM

Gamestop reprinted MPT about a year ago and overestimated the demand for the game. 

That's an understatement; out of the 60+ stores in Arizona, only four or five stores don't have a copy collecting dust. Yesterday I was at a GS where I saw the steelbook with the artbook and manual. I almost picked it up but dropped it since I already have it on my Wii U and haven't even started it. Plus the resell/trade value is less than meh and even if you picked up two $40 games and one free that averages out to about $27 a game. While that's good, there's other stuff to be had for me so why bother?

Oh and if any of you CAGs in Phoenix want to know where the steelbook is, drop me a PM...it's just so the lurkers won't swipe it from underneath us.

Infamously known to post this gif waaay too much:

Spoiler

Current Playlist: 

Spoiler

#14 freshgamer  

freshgamer

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:55 PM

The first print one is actually worth alot on amazon. Ebay yeah you can find a better deal on it if you grab it through auction.  I picked up a first print complete with steelcase+ slipcover at my local game store for 39.99 and I don't regret it one bit since you can't find one cheaper any where else unless you get lucky by finding it at some pawn shop or garage sell.

#15 tinypoem   CAG Veteran & Hand Model CAGiversary!   548 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:28 PM

The first print one is actually worth alot on amazon. Ebay yeah you can find a better deal on it if you grab it through auction.  I picked up a first print complete with steelcase at my local game store for 39.99 and I don't regret it one bit since you can't find one cheaper any where else unless you get lucky by finding it at some pawn shop or garage sell.

Does the reprint play any differently from the 1st print?

My spirit is broken. But at least I've got SOUUULL!

#16 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:50 PM

Does the reprint play any differently from the 1st print?

Should be the same files-on-disc wise. Only difference I've heard is that the box will say something like copyright gamestop 20xx for when the reprint was done

Please skip part 3

#17 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2772 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:58 PM

I have three steelbooks and and one that is complete with the slipcover

#18 2turbotitaniumxtreme   Southern gentleman turned gunman and gambler, who came to Tombst CAGiversary!   27 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

2turbotitaniumxtreme

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:05 AM

When they first made the reprint, sold it for $39.99, and had a b2g1 free I bought a couple of copies.  I then eventually found a steel case in the store (complete with slipcover) which I promptly bought and then returned one of the reprints in its place.  It took a few months to find one, and I have like 12 Gamestops where I live.  I have yet to find another so I can do the same again and then sell for total cost coverage.  

Where are you when we need you, namispep?

#19 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:37 AM

I have three steelbooks and and one that is complete with the slipcover

43246f027e50e3a442613224cad6276e.jpg

Please skip part 3

#20 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2333 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 25 July 2015 - 01:36 AM

I've pondered picking this up but just don't see any point anymore.  I have the first two on my gamecube, and bought the third on the Wii.  Sure, the Wii controls may add some extra engagement but frankly I find having to hold up the Wii-Mote tiring after a few hours ... I actually prefer the gamecube control.  Seeing as the trilogy adds nothing else, what's the point?

And agree, there are a lot of better\other AAA games one can pick up with $35-40.

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#21 Narukami   http://i.imgur.com/J8SRXIT.jpg The hype is dead. CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:41 AM

I bought this from Amazon a few months ago. It was also $39.99. No promo codes to stack and I had to pay tax, but I got the steelbook, so it was worth it. I am also now out of Gamestop credit and still have quite a bit of Amazon funbucks.

giphy.gif    rasen-ring.gif

#22 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1051 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2015 - 01:26 PM

It was a really scummy thing Gamestop did. They did it with both this and Xenoblade. They saw the demand for used copies and hiked up the prices in store for their own used copies...and then they quietly repirinted more and sold them as used, despite being reprints. Neither game is worth anything to me anymore. Absolute bullshit. That's why I haven't given Gamestop much business since. It really disgusted me. 

#23 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:21 AM

It was a really scummy thing Gamestop did. They did it with both this and Xenoblade. They saw the demand for used copies and hiked up the prices in store for their own used copies...and then they quietly repirinted more and sold them as used, despite being reprints. Neither game is worth anything to me anymore. Absolute bullshit. That's why I haven't given Gamestop much business since. It really disgusted me. 

I'm not going to do what i want to and type out all the specific events that happened to me as to why i hate GameStop. Instead I'll just mention the one from today:

B2G1 on wii games,

Get a free $2 game,

It'll cost me $4 for the resurfacing it needs.

If I take it back they'll blame me

Please skip part 3

#24 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   2991 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:34 AM

This is not at all how this works. If you want to blame some one it has to be Nintendo, as they own the rights to those games and sold the ability to make more of them to Gamestop. GS is overall a fairly shitty company, but they take too much blame for these reprints. Nintendo allowed this to happen, and it is their job to protect their intellectual property, not Gamestop's.

metsfan754.png

#25 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36564 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:38 AM

Since this is the much less valuable reprint if you just want to play it the game is on the eShop for Wii U.

3ds120.gif Pocket Card Jockey  :pc: Final Fantasy 14  :wiiu: TBD  :vita: TBD

:xb1: TBD  :ps4: Nier Automata  :360: TBD  :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2017: 3 - Recently Completed: :ps4: Disc Jam

EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#26 dtcgb  

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:16 PM

One Piece Unlimited Adventure $39.99/35.99 PUR - http://gamestop.com/...og/Product/5618

Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkachi 3 $44.99/40.49 PUR -
http://gamestop.com/...og/Product/7882

Both in stock online as of this comment being posted.

#27 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1051 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:58 PM

This is not at all how this works. If you want to blame some one it has to be Nintendo, as they own the rights to those games and sold the ability to make more of them to Gamestop. GS is overall a fairly shitty company, but they take too much blame for these reprints. Nintendo allowed this to happen, and it is their job to protect their intellectual property, not Gamestop's.

Fair enough, but it was entirely gamestops decision to sell it for more than a new game would have cost, as a used game. Nintendo may have been responsible for the actual reprinting process - something I would have been entirely OK with, but I'm sure it was a Gamestop representative that decided to sell new, reprinted games as "used" games to take advantage of their previous scarcity. 

#28 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:34 PM

Fair enough, but it was entirely gamestops decision to sell it for more than a new game would have cost, as a used game. Nintendo may have been responsible for the actual reprinting process - something I would have been entirely OK with, but I'm sure it was a Gamestop representative that decided to sell new, reprinted games as "used" games to take advantage of their previous scarcity.

Exactly, Nintendo wanted to make more money on their product in a market that obviously wanted it.

Selling them as new would've devalued it because then people would realize there are more out there/it's easier to find. So Gamestop sells them as used to artificially preserve it's rarity and thus it's price.

Please skip part 3

#29 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1547 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:59 PM

Well, Metroid Trilogy isn't worth much also because they made it available digital for $20 ($10 the first week).  The disc has value pretty much only to collectors now, and now with reprints that value is gone, too.  It is always a risk when you buy recent games as collectibles that you will get reprints.

#30 tinypoem   CAG Veteran & Hand Model CAGiversary!   548 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:02 PM

Should be the same files-on-disc wise. Only difference I've heard is that the box will say something like copyright gamestop 20xx for when the reprint was done

Im sure I have a reprint as I do not have a steelbox but nowhere on the box, instructions ,or disk does it indicate gamestop 20xx in any way. Is there another way to tell?

My spirit is broken. But at least I've got SOUUULL!