Sticky: Fred Meyer's coupons valid upon Xbox & Playstation GC's

Cornelius

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
This thread is to educate & announce when Fred Meyer coupons apply to video game accessories, and more specifically towards Xbox & Playstation gift-cards available within the Home Electronics department. About 1 week or weekend per month, Fred Meyer will offer either:
  • a "save $10/$20/$30 off $50/$100/$150" savings certificate (aka coupon), or
  • a "save xx% off video game accessories" coupon, or
  • in the rarest of cases, a few days when 2 or more coupons overlap & apply simultaneously! :D/
Here's how these coupons pertain to Xbox & Playstation gift-cards (herein GC's) ...
  • If you have a "save $10/$20/$30 off $50/$100/$150 in Home Electronics, etc" coupon, this will take a fixed amount off the total of your qualifying purchases.
    [
    rUcWHYc.jpg
  • If you have a "save xx% off Video Game Software & Accessories" or "save xx% off Video Game Accessories" coupon, then there's no limit to how much credit or games you can buy.
    hLSQdpv.jpg
  • If you have both coupons overlapping & valid simultaneously, then you've hit the jackpot & will save 28-31% off video game accessories ... including Xbox & Playstation GC's!
The "Save $10/$20/$30..." coupon comes off after all other discounts apply (it says this right in the coupon's fine-print). Xbox GC's are typically only stocked in $25 and $50 increments, while Playstation GC's are stocked in $20 and $50 increments. Therefore, you'll need to do some quick math and mix-&-match to round up to the nearest $5 increment, if you intend to only purchase GC's using both coupons.
  • When you have both a 10% coupon and a "save $10/$20/$30..." coupon (about 1x per 3 months), then you'll need to buy at least:buy $60 in credit & pay $44.00 ... aka 26.7% off ($60*.9=$54-$10=$44 and $49/60=73.3%).
  • buy $115 in credit & pay $83.50 ... aka 27.4% off ($115*.9=$103.50-$20=$83.50 and $83.50/115=72.6%).
  • buy $170 in credit & pay $123.00 ... aka 27.6% off ($170*.9=$153-$30=$123 and $123/170=72.4%).
[*]When you have both a 15% coupon and a "save $10/$20/$30..." coupon (about 2x per year; last seen June 2015), then you'll need to buy at least:
  • buy $60 in credit & pay $41.00 ... aka 31.7% off ($60*.85=$51-$10=$41 and $41/60=68.3%).
  • buy $120 in credit & pay $82.00 ... aka 31.7% off ($120*.85=$102-$20=$82 and $82/120=68.3%).
  • buy $180 in credit & pay $123.00 ... aka 27.6% off ($180*.85=$153-$30=$123 and $123/170=68.3%).
[*]When you have 2 simultaneous "save 10%" coupons and a "save $10/$20/$30..." savings certificate (extremely rare; last seen Nov. 2014), then you'll need to buy at least:
  • buy $65 in credit & pay $42.65 ... aka 34.4% off ($65*.9*.9=$52.65-$10=$42.65 and $42.65/65=65.6%).
  • buy $125 in credit & pay $81.25 ... aka 35.0% off ($125*.9*.9=$101.25-$20=$81.25 and $81.25/125=65.0%).
  • buy $190 in credit & pay $123.00 ... aka 34.8% off ($190*.9*.9=$153.90-$30=$123.90 and $123.90/190=65.2%).
Here's some helpful info when redeeming these coupons ...
  • While you may find Xbox, Playstation, and other gaming-related gift-cards nearby on the "Gift Card Mall" kiosk in the Home or Grocery departments, only the shelf-hanging tags on the Game Accessories rack within the Home Electronics dept. are considered "accessories". remember these are amongst the Game Accessories (like gamepads & headphones), and NOT the Gift Card Mall kiosk or end-cap!
  • Here are examples what the shelf-hanging tags look like ...
    zM0LTJG.jpg
    eaDjPlp.jpg
  • When you bring the shelf tags up to the Home Electronics counter, they will exchange these placeholder tags for actual pre-activated GC's they keep locked behind the counter. Keep in mind the quantity of tags on the Game Accessories shelf should correspond to the actual number of GC's they keep locked away, so if you don't see any tags for a particular denomination, that means they don't currently have them in stock.
  • Because the shelf-tags correspond to actual GC's behind the Home Electronics counter, you shouldn't expect cashiers in Apparel, Home, Garden, Grocery, or at each outside entrance to be able to honor the coupons correctly, much less go back to Home Electronics to fetch the pre-activated GC's.
  • The coupons can be presented either as the physical newspaper ad, coupons printed from the website at home, or simply on your phone ... but whatever you do, the UPC barcodes must be legible enough (with enough contrast) for their laser gun to read them. If you have the ability to print a coupon on your printer bigger (such as full page), or can magnify the coupon's image on your phone, then that saves you from begging the store clerk to manually type the UPC into the register (which they may refuse to do).
  • You can redeem these coupons multiple times, but be prepared to drive around to several locations, since they reserve the right to only honor 1 redemption per store per day.
Less important info & caveats ...
  • Newspaper ads are frequently available at all outside entrances but in limited supply. Presenting the coupons within Fred Meyer's iOS or Android apps is strongly advised for simplicity ... but if your phone can't run the app, or you need multiple copies of the coupon, then the website offers PDF's of each ad page, in addition to a version of each coupon that's mostly plain text (albeit with only a small UPC graphic that sometimes doesn't scan).
  • These coupons are good at all participating Fred Meyer locations in the Pacific NW, but not other stores within the Kroger family of stores (as always, YMMV).
  • More math will be involved if you purchase other non-accessory merchandise from Home Electronics to meet the $50/$100/$150 thresholds, or if you purchase merchandise with additional discounts (such as "save an additional 40% off clearance-priced accessories").
  • Sometimes the "save $10/$20/$30..." coupon is only for "Music, Movies, and Video Games" within Home Electronics, and other times it's for anything from multiple departments like Apparel, Garden, Home, and/or Home Electronics. As long as the coupon mentions "electronics", then it will always apply towards "video game accessories".
  • The only caveat to a percentage coupon is that they never doubles with "Home Electronics Accessories" coupons, which will expressly exclude video game hardware, accessories, & software in the fine-print.
  • Both coupons work across all gaming accessories, including gaming accessories in the clearance section. You can even buy other electronic crap with the "save $10/$20/$30..." coupon, but unless you're traveling around to redeem multiple times, then the most-efficient use is buying more virtual XBL & PSN currency with less actual currency.
  • If you have consoles from both Microsoft & Sony, I typically favor the Playstation credit and only use Xbox credit to top off the threshold ... because sales on Xbox gift-cards are more frequent at other retailers like Safeway, Best Buy, and Fry's ... whereas Playstation gift-card promos at retail stores are fairly infrequent. Also, Sony's been knocking the online sales out of the park recently, and it's been much harder to keep my PSN wallet stocked (especially those $15 rebates after spending $100) rather than Xbox's less-than-stellar "Deals with Gold". :whee:
HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Significant edits to the OP:

• On 14-Nov-2015, I fixed the equations for 10%, 15%, and double-10% coupons so the "buy X credit for Y dollars" math checks out ... then also showed how I derived the discount %'age. :)

As of late-July 2015, there's currently no overlap, but you can save 10-20% off video game accessories using either of these coupons: On Sat, July 25th, save 10% off video game software & accessories ...(from the "Starlight & Doorbuster Sale" weekend ad)Between Sun, July 26th to Sat, Aug. 1st, save $10/$20/$30 off $50/$100/$150 within Home Electronics ...(from the "Back to School '15" weekly ad)
Oh lame, thought these stacked like they did on Father's Day. I had also heard these same coupons are normally available w/in the Kroger family, or maybe I'm confused with the digital coupons. A lot of the times I've seen the stacking deals I found it listed under Kroger at least.

Oh lame, thought these stacked like they did on Father's Day. I had also heard these same coupons are normally available w/in the Kroger family, or maybe I'm confused with the digital coupons. A lot of the times I've seen the stacking deals I found it listed under Kroger at least.
Hey Capn ... yep, the last "stacked discount" was June 19-20, and I linked to it because either the OP or Cheapy moved the thread to the "Graveyard Deals" section, and I didn't want others to think it was just a myth. :^o And yes, you're correct that digital coupons are often shared between Kroger chains, as far as I've seen between Fred Meyer & QFC (such as the "save $10 when you buy $50+ of eBay credit" digital coupon good thru 8/1) ... but those are typically for items in common between both chains, such as batteries in the Electronics category. Worse, I currently don't see this "save $10/$20/$30" savings certificate in the iOS app under Coupons NOR Weekly Ad, so you really do have to check the printed version.

Disappointed to see that FM's Labor Day coupon is only $20 off $150 instead of the usual $30 off!

$20 off when you spend $150 or more on any mix of Home Electronics, Music, Movies & Video Games

[attachment=16953:FM coupon 2.jpg]

Sun  + Mon

10% + $10/$20/$30 Q for GCs

Also,

$20 GC for X1 console + $30 off Q

50% off PS4 gold headset /w PS4 console + $30 off Q + 10% off headset (maybe)

2X/3X points Q as well (says no GCs tho)

In my Tri-Cities, WA newspaper this morning I saw this....

Saturday, October 24th only:

* 10% off Video Game Accessories

* $10 off $50 , $20 off $100 , and $30 off $150

i wonder if we'll ever see a triple coupon with the friends and family again. still havent used the xbl credit i bought from that last year.

Here we go with another "save $10/$20/$30 off $50/$100/$150" coupon good for Friday (Nov. 6th) and Saturday (Nov. 7th) ... it's located on the back page of the "Starlight Sale & DOORBUSTERS" ad.

(snip)

On the cover of the Nov. 13-14 "Starlight SALE & DOORBUSTERS" ad you received either Thursday or Friday, you'll find a "Buy any mix of Apparel, Home & Electronics, & instantly SAVE $5 When you Spend $50 or More (Excludes Food Department)." coupon that looks like this:

(snip)

Yeah, saw that coupon yesterday and was a little T'd off.  I'm taking the continual savings for granted, I think.  3 x $20 PSN cards = $6 off then equals $5 off = paying $49 for $60 in PSN points.

In looking over the Sunday ad that is online now at FredMeyer.com, there is no Video Game Accessories coupon....again.  Curious to see if something shows up a week later - as we approach Black Friday (week).

Thanks for continually posting here.  This is the one CAG thread to which I subscribe.  :)

just want to say thanks guys for the updates on these coupons. it's the only way i know when they happen.

now give us that third coupon again, freddy! (if friends and family is annual, it should be happening again soon)

10 % off Video Game Accessories in ad for Friday (November 20th) and Saturday (November 21st).
Thanks Bizzquik! Even better, on Black Friday between 5a-1p, Fred Meyer has 20% off Video Games, PC Games, and Video Game Accessories.

(snip)

Within the weekly ad valid between Sunday, Nov. 22nd - Saturday, Nov. 28th ... the one with "A feast to remember!" and a big-ass turkey in a pan, you'll find a "save $10/$20/$30 off $50/$100/$150" coupon good for Apparel, Home, and Electronics right on the cover! Coupon is good between Sunday, Nov. 22nd to Wednesday, Nov. 25th.

(snip)

Great stuff!

How in the world did I miss that coupon?!?

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.  I will probably pick up some Xbox cards in anticipation of Microsoft's Black Friday (digital) sale.

If both discounts stack on black friday, this will be the largest discount on xbox/psn credit fred meyer has done (slightly better than the triple-dip last year).

$50 XBL gift card
-20%=$40

-$10=$30

that's 60 cents on the dollar, which beats last year by one cent haha

edit: NEVERMIND. i misread the last post. $10/$20/$30 coupon only good through 11/25 (i read 11/28, but that only applies to the weekly ad)..bummer

I used the $20 off $100 to get some clothes, toys, and Lego Dimensions packs to give my son for his birthday Monday (fun fact: he was actually born on Black Friday 8 years ago!).

I usually stay WELL away from stores on Black Friday, but I might go into Fred Meyer around noon and see what I can get with the 20% off.  Is there another $10/$20/$30 off coupon for this weekend that would stack or not?  20% off by itself is nothing special since I can always get that at Best Buy.

Is there another $10/$20/$30 off coupon for this weekend that would stack or not?
If you go to FredMeyer.com , you can pull up their ads. The ad for Black Friday is up now.

Pretty sure the answer is "No" - nothing stackable this week.

(But with FredMeyer....there's always another week around the corner to hope for. I check online every Saturday night.)

Well I got lucky on Saturday.  I wanted some Lego Dimensions packs and some headphones for my son.  The headphones were still BF priced at $14.99 (half off).  There was a $10/$20/$30 coupon for Saturday only and the "Toys To Life" were supposed to have a B1 G1 50% off coupon in store for the whole Thurs-Sat period.  So I thought I'd get a $30 pack, a $25 pack, and the $15 headphones and get them for $30 + $12.50 + 15 - $10 coupon = $47.50.

It turned out they did not have the coupons in store and the Electronics people had never heard of them, which I find astounding since it was a Thursday-Saturday sale and in their main 3-day sale paper insert.  So at that store, at least, I guess no one was getting the deal they should have.  After fumbling around with the computer and a manager override, they gave me the deal and it only came up to $45 before the $10 off coupon.  I wasn't sure what was going on but all three items were there.  So I got another pair of headphones and used the coupon for a total of $49.98.   I looked at the receipt later and it turned out they gave me the second Lego Dimensions set for a penny.  WTF!?

Anyway, with the 10% off going now plus the Friends and Family discount (which is another 10% off on Electronics starting Sunday) I might look into getting some more.  I still need a bonus coupon to make it better than the standard 20% off at Best Buy (with GCU) though.

I'm not sure if both coupons stack on Xbox Live/PSN gift cards but if so there's 20% off those at least.

Some really good deals to be had this week.  I just received a text that has a link for a $10/$20/30 off coupon and B1G1 value video games valid Sunday 11/29 & Monday 11/30 only.  These can be combined with the 10% Friends and Family & 10% Video Game Accessories in the weekly ad.

You should be able to bring up the text coupons  at - http://bit.ly/1MZHote

I haven't been out yet to see what their B1G1 value video game selection looks like, but please post your finds if you're able to take part in this deal.

Also, on Tuesday for ages 55+ an extra 10% off...so take along a senior and save even more!

Anyway, with the 10% off going now plus the Friends and Family discount (which is another 10% off on Electronics starting Sunday) I might look into getting some more.
These can be combined with the 10% Friends and Family & 10% Video Game Accessories in the weekly ad.

You should be able to bring up the text coupons at - http://bit.ly/1MZHote
Thanks for the tip, guys.

Do you have a link for the 10% off Friends & Family coupon?

Via email, I received their ad for 10% off several departments, but it specifically excluded Electronics. And, for that matter, it did not go by the name of Friends & Family....so I don't think I was looking at it anyway.

A link would be appreciated, as 10% off + 10% off + $10 / $20 / $30 off sounds fantastic. :D

EDIT : oh, I think I found it here.

Thanks again, io and twinton.

As far as I can figure - using those three coupons - that's about a good a price on Xbox credit as there can possibly be.

$125.00 in Xbox credit for $81.25.

125.00 x 10% off = $112.50

112.50 x 10% off = $101.25

$101.25 - $20 off = $81.25

Total cost on the Xbox dollar =  65 cents

now sold out in Kennewick, WA.  Plenty left in Richland, WA.

As far as I can figure - using those three coupons - that's about a good a price on Xbox credit as there can possibly be.

Total cost on the Xbox dollar = 65 cents

now sold out in Kennewick, WA. Plenty left in Richland, WA.
hey bizz, you should be buying them $50 at a time. i still have my receipts from last year and all coupons appled to one $50 card.

this makes it 61 cents on the dollar.

50.00 x 10% off = $45.00

45.00 x 10% off = $40.50

$40.50 - $10 = $30.50

Total cost on the Xbox dollar = 61 cents

this is the 2nd november in a row they've done the triple dip. let's hope it's an annual thing. black friday drained my wallet, so i may have to sit out this round. but i still have $175 left from last year :D/

I NEED A LINK TO THE 10/20/30 COUPON PLEASE. i can't find it in their ad.

hey bizz, you should be buying them $50 at a time. i still have my receipts from last year and all coupons appled to one $50 card.

this makes it 61 cents on the dollar.

50.00 x 10% off = $45.00

45.00 x 10% off = $40.50

$40.50 - $10 = $30.50

Total cost on the Xbox dollar = 61 cents

this is the 2nd november in a row they've done the triple dip. let's hope it's an annual thing. black friday drained my wallet, so i may have to sit out this round. but i still have $175 left from last year :D/

I NEED A LINK TO THE 10/20/30 COUPON PLEASE. i can't find it in their ad.
Hi tribalnoise,

[1] twinton's post has a link to the 10/20/30 off coupon in his post above.

[2] they are supposed to apply the $10 off last, and the $10 off is supposed to only be applicable after the two 10% off's have been used. So they were supposed to not honor the $10 off because the amount of the purchase at the time the coupon was used was under $50 (in this case $40.50). At least, that was always how we have understood it here, I believe.

Good for you for pulling it off, though!

I replicated it just like that at 7+ different transactions last year at different locations, so I don't believe it to be ymmv. I did have to present the coupons in a certain order and gave them the $10 coupon last

Damn, glad I looked here.  I had heard there were additional savings coupons being texted but of course they never sent me one (just a second Friends and Family thing).

OK, just got back.  Thanks to Twinton for the post.  Fred Meyer never bothered to send me the $10/$20/$30 coupon via text.

Here's what I ended up getting:

- $100 in Lego Dimensions stuff (5 $15 "Fun Packs" and 1 $25 "Team Pack")

- $50 Xbox card

- $24 ink cartridge

All for $104.06

I handed them all the stuff and then the 10% off accessories and ink cartridge coupons.  It was just above $150 at that point.  Then I pulled out the $30 off $150 coupon and finally at the end I "remembered" the Friends and Family discount (though I'll note they didn't try to remind me either).

So I ended up with the initial total of $173.93, reduced to $156.54 with the 10% off coupons, then to $126.54 after the $30 off, then to $104.06 after the Friends/Family discount.  I had finally run out of Xbox Live money (super-discounted MS Points cards from years back) so I was about to start using my credit card there.  Any discount on that is a good thing.  So I'm kind of looking at having got the Lego Dimensions stuff for roughly half off which is great.

In fact, I kind of wish I had time to go to another store and get more Xbox Live money since my local store didn't have two of the Lego Dimensions things I wanted either.  But I'm sure there will be another coupon stack at some point before Christmas.  Though, I dunno, they are open till 11.  Maybe I can go out again after dinner ;).

Total cost on the Xbox dollar = 65 cents

now sold out in Kennewick, WA. Plenty left in Richland, WA.
Great deal, I should have used this for PSN credit. Happy to see another person from the Tri someplace on CAG.

Is the $10/$20/30 off coupon good for the rest of the week?

I guess I could have gotten PS+ for this and spent $150 -10%-10%-$30, around $106 total, so 3 years of PS+ for $35 a year isnt bad

The savings coupon was only for Sunday/Monday I think.

I went out to another store and didn't get quite the same deal as they wouldn't scan the savings coupon before Friends and Family.  So I was about $7 short of getting $20 off.  I had to buy another $20 PSN card.

So this time I got 2 Lego Dimensions packs ($29.99 + $14.99), a $50 Xbox card, and 2 $20 PSN cards for $89.33  So basically full price for the cards to get the Lego stuff for free.  Or if I consider the discount evenly spread that was 66 cents on the dollar so about the same as what you guys are getting on the Xbox cards by themselves.  But of course the discount isn't as much on the Lego stuff since I could always get it for 80 cents on the dollar at Best Buy with GCU.

The problem is I rarely ever spend money on PSN so I'm not sure I even needed the one let alone two of them.  I wanted to get a Steam card since two of my older kids only ever want stuff on the PC now but they said those are "gift cards" and don't work with the coupons.  I found that odd since the Steam cards they have are scratch-off ones (without cashier activation) just like the PSN cards - in other words they seem to be prepaid which is why he said the Xbox/PSN ones work.  But whatever.  If anyone else here got Steam cards using this deal I'll let him have it next time I see him ;).

And now I have way more Lego Dimensions stuff than I ever thought I would have.  I'm still sitting out on Skylanders (two years now) and Disney Infinity (despite the Star Wars theme which would otherwise draw me in).

10/20/30 coupon (12/4-12/5)

[attachment=18656:FM Coupon.jpg]

So yeah, 10% + the above Q on video game accessories.

If you've ever had a problem using the Q on gaming cards, the 2 day 10% Q actually shows a PSN card on it.

Also Rainbow 6 is $40 after Q and $10 gc

This makes for a hell of a deal on Lego Dimensions "Fun Packs" (the single character packs that are all that is needed to unlock levels).  I ended up returning all the ones I bought with the Friends & Family discount + 10% off + bonus coupon because it is even cheaper today and tomorrow (Fri/Sat).  That's because the Fun Packs are on sale for $11.99 (normally $14.99).  And it just works out that if you buy 5 of them, after the 10% off accessories coupon you are just over $50 in order to get maximum value from the $10 off coupon.  They come out to $8.xx per pack that way.

A few did not ring up at the $4.99 price but the cashier adjusted them for me.  Have the ad ready to show them as it clearly states "Fun Packs" are $11.99.  They just forgot to code up a few of them.  I ended up buying 9 and I think just 3 didn't ring up right.

I'm also tempted to get a new 3DS XL for a trip I have next week.  It is on sale for $189.99 plus the $30 off of course.  I think $160 is a pretty good deal for one of those right now.

Here we go with another double-coupon discount this Saturday, Dec. 12th for 1 day only!!!

(snip)

Some pretty good deals today only especially if you are military.

$x/y Q + 10% video accessories + 10% military

Saw a Star Wars LE PS4 console $350 - 10% military - $30 = $285

Video Game promo /w GC - $x/y Q - 10% military

Rise of Tomb Raider and Forza 6 come out to low as $20 w/o military and $16 /w military (+filler)

Some pretty good deals today only especially if you are military.

$x/y Q + 10% video accessories + 10% military

Saw a Star Wars LE PS4 console $350 - 10% military - $30 = $285

Video Game promo /w GC - $x/y Q - 10% military

Rise of Tomb Raider and Forza 6 come out to low as $20 w/o military and $16 /w military (+filler)
i don't know what $x/y means

can you show us the math for forza 6 and tomb raider? thanks

The key thing this week is that they have the $20/$35/$50 gift cards with purchases of 2/3/4 video games $29.99 and up, PLUS the savings coupon.

So if you get 4 $29.99 games plus $30.04 of filler, you get the $30 off plus a $50 gift card.  Ignoring the filler, you essentially get each game for $9.99.

Of course finding 4 $29.99 games you want might be hard.

I ended up getting Stella Glow Special Edition ($49.99), Yo-Kai Watch ($39.99), and NES Remix Pack for Wii U ($29.99) plus two power strips (15% off GE electronics items), and two packs of printer paper (10% off office supplies).  All of that added up to about $155 so I got the $30 off plus the $35 gift card for 3 games.  Note that this is the more general Home/Toys/Apparel/Electronics $30 off $150 coupon so you could get Christmas toys for filler or whatever.

If I exclude the other stuff (which I needed to get anyway), and factor the $30 off and gift cards as counting for the games, I got the games for about $18 each.  (And yes, in this rare case I can count the gift cards as a straight-up discount on the games I purchased to get them since I can turn right around and use that gift card to save money on groceries that I'd get there anyway).

i don't know what $x/y means

can you show us the math for forza 6 and tomb raider? thanks
x and y are variables, meaning the can take on different values. Just check out the OP about the coupon that comes out every so often.

$40 games and the GC promo is actually 2/3/4 not what above post says.

So buy (4) copies, say 2x Forza and 2x Tomb Raider = $160

- 10% military = $144

- $30/$150 = $114 (+$6.67 filler to hit $150)

Get $50 GC back = $64

$64 / 4 = $16

Deal is also good Fri/Sat minus the military discount (if any of us actually had it). Plus BO3 and FO4 on sale for $50 along with Madden/NBA.

$40 games and the GC promo is actually 2/3/4 not what above post says.
Not sure what you mean by $40 games but it is definitely $29.99 and up games - says so right on the coupon and I just got back from buying 4 more. I did have the amounts wrong though. It is $20/$35/$50 gift card for 2/3/4 games $29.99 and over. That makes it even better than what I posted originally.

I had just seen no mention whatsoever of the gift card promo here and that is that key thing this week. They had the gift card promo a few weeks ago but limited it to $49.99 and up games. I'm surprised they brought it back at $29.99.

The bonus coupon is a little wacky this week. Yesterday (Weds) it was a 1-day coupon and applied to Home and Apparel too (so toys and office supplies counted). Today it was Electronics only which screwed me up since I had bought some kitchen and office stuff as filler and had to scrap that and get a 4th game I really didn't need instead.

They said Fri/Sat it should be back to the more general coupon. I'm going to have to hit up a different store, though, as there isn't anything left I want to get at this store.

I got NES Remix for 3DS ($29.99), Fire Emblem Awakening ($39.99), Etrian Mystery Dungeon ($39.99), and Yoshi's Wooly World ($49.99) for $159.96, then minus $30 and $50 for the gift card for a total of $79.96 or $19.99 each. Not bad.

Not sure what you mean by $40 games
The guy above wanted the math on Tomb Raider and Forza, those are $40 games (an example of the kind of deal you can get) since they are on sale this week. This works best with games already on sale on top of the GC and $x/y off Q, etc.

There's a lot of possibilities once you throw in some of the games I mentioned for $50. You could just hit the Q tiers with PSN/XBOX cards and use the 10% VA Q on them, as well.

The already posted the Fri/Sat ad and it's the same $x/y off Q as today....so no "general" coupon.

lol, wait until you see that coupon on the side of the last page...it starts with "b2g1" and ends with "3DS". I'm not going to do the math on that...but I expect it to be LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW prices.

I lied, $40 3DS games come out to $13.33 ea WYB 6

You can min/max that to get them even lower.... ex. $11.66 WYB 3

3x 3DS $40 games + $25 XBOX card....lol that's $7.50 a game (or half price XBOX card).

The already posted the Fri/Sat ad and it's the same $x/y off Q as today....so no "general" coupon.

lol, wait until you see that coupon on the side of the last page...it starts with "b2g1" and ends with "3DS". I'm not going to do the math on that...but I expect it to be LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW prices.
Actually, what you saw were my post with last week's coupons ... here's the current coupons for this Friday & Saturday (Dec. 18th & 19th):

(snip)

fuck.  B2G1 on 3DS games!?  But... That probably messes with the gift card promotion and/or the savings coupon since one game is free.  The gift card rang up as a "free game" and that made it so I didn't get the $30 off $150.  It just took $20 off even though my total was $159 or so (even though the gift card was added and then removed it somehow made one of the games not count as a "game").  They manually adjusted one game to be $10 cheaper to make up for it.  I have no idea what the B2G1 would do on top of that.

Just had my daughter pick up some 3DS games.  You have to buy (6) 3DS games to get all the promos working properly together.

I had her get (6) $39.99 games.  The total after the $30 off was $129.96 + tax, and then got the $50 gift card.  So, essentially $80 for 6 $39.99 games, because like io said, Fred Meyers gift cards are as good as cash.

Quite a deal!  May have to repeat it a couple more times tomorrow. 

bread's done
Back