* * * * * 3 votes

Sticky: Fred Meyer's coupons valid upon Xbox & Playstation GC's

Fred Meyer Xbox Playstation XBL PSN SEN

#151 io   ... Super Moderators   24718 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:15 AM

Just got back from a Fred Meyer's in Vancouver, WA and was able to successfully get the $50 gift card twice using the 3DS B1G1 1/2OFF coupon.  Only needed to buy 4 games per transaction, (2) @$29.99 & (2) discounted @ $14.99 worked just fine for me.  

I also bought Pokemon Sun/Moon, so not sure why it worked for me and not IO?  Might be the order they scanned the coupons in.  I made sure they scanned the gift card coupon 1st, then the B1G1 1/2off coupon, & the savings certificate last.

It is YMMV on them doing the gift card first.  At my local store they are onto it and don't allow it first.

But still I'm surprised it worked for you.  I went to another store just now and bought 6 games.  I was hoping just to get the $35 card for the 3 non-discounted games.  But this cashier insisted on doing the $50 GC first!  So, "great", I thought.  But when he finalized the transaction it only discounted 2 of the games to 50%, and it was the 2 cheaper ones.  I had bought 2 $39.99 games and 4 $29.99 games and I only had two $15 discounts.  I figured the 4 game gift card promo negated the 3rd B1G1 50% off discount.  So that was actually worse than getting the $35 gift card for 3 games (since I gained $15 on the gift card but lost $20 on the discount).  Fortunately he just did an override and rang up one of the $39.99 games at $19.99 and I ended up getting the discount.

So I ended up paying $135 for 6 games and a pair of $14.99 headphones (since I was 6 cents short of $150 with the 6 games ;)).   After discounting the $50 gift card, that comes out to about $12 per item (for each of the 6 games plus the headphones).  Not bad considering I had a couple of $39.99 games in there too.

#152 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10641 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 05:17 AM

Great deal if I wanted to play the new Pokemon games. I always forgot about Fred Meyer and their deals

#153 io   ... Super Moderators   24718 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:47 AM

Great deal if I wanted to play the new Pokemon games. I always forgot about Fred Meyer and their deals

Yep.  I have 3 kids who are into playing Pokémon now.  Fortunately Fred Meyer is a great way for me to get multiples of these.  I'm buying and stashing a few copies of Yo-Kai Watch 2 as well, anticipating that they'll ask for that when they are done with Pokémon.  I figure if nothing else they will hold their value.  They are OOS on Amazon and $50+ there now from 3rd party sellers (but in stock at Best Buy so I'm sure that is just temporary).

#154 io   ... Super Moderators   24718 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:29 AM

I went yesterday to use the $10/$20/$30 coupon that I got in the Sunday paper and hadn't seen that it was only good Tues-Thurs.  WTF Fred Meyer?  Just make it work on Monday.  So I had to leave all my stuff at the counter and tell them I'd come back tomorrow.  I'll be heading up there in a bit.

This seems to be unadvertised but they are having a B1G1 on all 360/PS3/Vita games.  They have some obscure Vita stuff there that places like Target and Best Buy don't carry like Dungeon Travelers 2 and Hyperdimension Neptunia Re Birth 3.

Also Lego Dimensions character packs are about half price and B1G1 50% off.

#155 Cornelius   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   982 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:56 PM

Here's the most-current Savings Certificate(s) for Wed & Thurs (Dec. 21st & 22nd) ...

extra_large.jpg

... and this week's 10% off VGA coupon ...

extra_large.jpg

Now get out there & find those PSN/XBL cards!!!

#156 io   ... Super Moderators   24718 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:21 AM

For my last Fred Meyer purchase of the season I grabbed a couple of B1G1 Vita games and a Pokémon 3DS case that my son wanted.  After the B1G1, 10% off accessories, and $10 off $50 I got all 3 of those for $44.  Not too bad given that just one of the Vita games was $39.99 by itself.

#157 Cornelius   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   982 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:44 AM

You might still checkout the "DOORBUSTER" ad coming this Sat & Sun ... most of everything that's NOT ELECTRONIC is 50% off (before extra coupons), but there's also a few select bargains in our favorite department.  For example ...

"Rock Band 4 Band-in-a-Box" for $64.99!!!

1_0_0.jpg

Full ad ... https://wklyads.fred...r_run_id=197137

#158 io   ... Super Moderators   24718 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:37 PM

You might still checkout the "DOORBUSTER" ad coming this Sat & Sun ... most of everything that's NOT ELECTRONIC is 50% off (before extra coupons), but there's also a few select bargains in our favorite department.  For example ...

I think you mean Fri/Sat.  It is already half over in fact.

Is that Rock Band with drums too?  They've had the Guitar sets for $64.99 all week - but really $54.99 with the $10 off (which I assume is no more).  But if that is with the drums too that is a good deal.   Though hopefully the guitar-only sets are also something like $34.99.  I'd get that maybe.

#159 Cornelius   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   982 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2016 - 09:52 AM

I think you mean Fri/Sat. It is already half over in fact.

Is that Rock Band with drums too? They've had the Guitar sets for $64.99 all week - but really $54.99 with the $10 off (which I assume is no more). But if that is with the drums too that is a good deal. Though hopefully the guitar-only sets are also something like $34.99. I'd get that maybe.

You got me there ... when you're unemployed, ANY day is a weekend day. :lol:

And yeah, the "savings certificate" was only good Tues / Wed / Thurs, and the Band-in-a-Box doesn't qualify for the "10% off VGA's" either.  This was a coupon-less trip for me, so to make up for it, check out the shelf-hung coupons for $0.99 bottles of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup elsewhere in the store, and the bakery's day-old rack is a treasure trove (more often than not) ... though most stores make you search for it! :whee:

Keep in mind Freddy's never got the "Rivals" updated SKU's, so I really wouldn't have paid more than $70 ... not with quite a few PS4 "Rivals" big boxes still available around the Seattle area @ GS for $99.99.  Yes, the XB1 versions are few & far between (only showing @ 3 locations on Olympic Peninsula), but you might still attempt a price-match @ any BB, since the Peninsula is technically less than 25 miles away. ;)

On the downside, the GS "Rivals" big boxes don't include the bonus "cherry cola" guitar anymore, but they do come with "charcoal" gray Jaguars, rather than the default "periwinkle" blue, so that still makes GS the preferable location to pick it up.  :bow: 

Good luck!

#160 Cornelius   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   982 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:49 AM

Almost as good as a "savings cert + VGA coupon" pair ... it's Buy 1 Get 1 for 1/2 Price VGA's, good through 31-Dec-16 with no limits ... making this effectively 25% off.  Should you know of a Fred Meyer that still has PSN or XBL cards, this seems like a perfect excuse to clear them out. :)

k9KCpbR.jpg

#161 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1930 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:37 AM

Does anyone have a heads up on electronics coupons coming up? This thread is pretty dead now.

#162 Armyofjuans  

Armyofjuans

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:48 PM

Any one checkout Fred Meyer's president's day sale? I'll let you know what I find.

#163 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10641 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:17 PM

Any one checkout Fred Meyer's president's day sale? I'll let you know what I find.

Let us know what you find

#164 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4643 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:33 PM

There seems to be the $50/$100/$150 deal in play just for today (13th).  My wife found it in the app, the coupon has a mother's day theme.

She also found a 10% off 1 electronics item in her quarterly rewards... I don't know if that will work on cards or if it will stack.

I haven't seen this weeks flier yet so don't know if there is anything that will stack... going there now.

#165 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4643 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:28 AM

Update... fail. The current coupon seems to exclude gift cards and wouldn't work at the register. Darn. I as excited to reup.

Hmmm. Previous coupons also excluded gift cards and worked. I don't know why it failed. They did move psn cards into the main store and outside of electronics so maybe that was it.

#166 bouda  

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:58 AM

$20 for The Last Guardian or Dishonored 2

Founder's week...so maybe they'll have the $x/$y Q later in the week.

#167 bouda  

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:15 PM

$x/$y Q till Sat.

Potentially good for a gold PS4 if they get them in (Friday release). PS4 controllers on sale for $20 off, so I think the gold controller might be marked for $45 if they have them.

$15 Fallout 4

B1G1 on the value games if you still haven't gotten the Uncharted Collection and such.

#168 bouda  

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:34 AM

The week that makes months of no deals worth it...

Sales plus the GC promo.

Minor stuff:

10% VGA  (probably $36 PS4 controllers)

10% military on Thurs

Free PS4 camera /w purchase PSVR

Playstation week sales

The good one:

$50 GC /w purchase of (3) $29.99+ games

So HZD (probably), Nioh, MLB17, GR:Wildlands, etc for as low as $23.33 after GC.  [$19.33 /w military on Thurs]

Watch Dogs 2, Dishonored 2 as low as $13.33 after GC [$10.33 /w military on Thurs if it still triggers threshold]

#169 Tygamr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   266 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 06:39 PM

Looks like Fred Meyer is doing the $10/20/30 off $50/100/150 deal again. Runs Sunday to Wednesday. Was hoping to use it to basically get a tax free Switch, but it looks like Nintendo hardware is excluded. Might try my luck anyway though. Has always worked on Nintendo consoles in the past.

#170 amishler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

amishler

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:39 AM

They also have toys to life BOGO 50% off. I was able to get all 4 Zelda champion Amiibo and a couple Animal Crossing card packs (filler to get above $50) for $47.

#171 io   ... Super Moderators   24718 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:40 AM

Looks like Fred Meyer is doing the $10/20/30 off $50/100/150 deal again. Runs Sunday to Wednesday. Was hoping to use it to basically get a tax free Switch, but it looks like Nintendo hardware is excluded. Might try my luck anyway though. Has always worked on Nintendo consoles in the past.

I just ended up getting my Switch from Target.  I figured that $15 off (with Red Card) was the best I was going to do and that seems to be the case.

I am still trying to get a deal on the games though.  Of course I can always get Odyssey for $48 from Best Buy.  But I'm trying to beat that.  I know on Black Friday they will have all their games 25% off.  That beats Best Buy by a few bucks ($45 vs $48) but I'm not sure it is worth the trouble.

The best thing would be another $30 off $150 in combination with a gift card deal.  They usually have those closer to Christmas though.  I need the Switch for my son's birthday early December so I'll probably just buy Odyssey from Best Buy and then look for FM deals to get Zelda and a few others.

#172 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10641 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:23 AM

Hmm...that 30 off $150 is tempting. BF Fred Meyers ad in case u wanted to see it.

https://blackfriday....er-black-friday

Looks like 20% off all games on bf too bad it doesn't stack with then other deal

#173 io   ... Super Moderators   24718 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:23 AM

Hmm...that 30 off $150 is tempting. BF Fred Meyers ad in case u wanted to see it.

https://blackfriday....er-black-friday

Looks like 20% off all games on bf too bad it doesn't stack with then other deal

I swear I heard 25% off video games on their radio ad.  20% isn't special with Gamers Club at Best Buy...  But yeah, the ad says $20%. 

And while that $10 off $50 may not work on Nintendo hardware, it does, apparently, work on Nintendo accessories.  I picked up a Switch Pro Controller for $60 today ($10 off $69.99).  The BF 20% off is also for accessories so I suppose I could get that Switch controller for $56 then instead of $60.  I'll cruise in there in the afternoon and see if they still have any left.

They had a case full of Switch's when I was there Sunday evening by the way.

#174 Cornelius   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   982 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:18 AM

Update... fail. The current coupon seems to exclude gift cards and wouldn't work at the register. Darn. I as excited to reup.

Hmmm. Previous coupons also excluded gift cards and worked. I don't know why it failed. They did move psn cards into the main store and outside of electronics so maybe that was it.

Moving the cards to outside of the Electronics Dept. (onto the "Gift Card Mall" end-cap kiosks) meant they no longer stocked PRE-ACTIVATED cards behind the register, and instead they all became dumb cards that activate @ checkout ...

HOWEVER during this holiday season ... and this is a BIG YMMV (aka theory based upon prior years' experience) ... you may notice the Xbox "multipack" gift card pack stocked on the game accessories aisle.  If so, check to see if it's encased in plastic within the card, or simply attached via glue.  Those that are sealed within the card MAY be pre-activated, in which case the "20% off accessories" MAY apply.  Here's a couple of examples to know the difference:

Pre-activated?  Definitely YMMV:

NSe0keB.jpg

NON-ACTIVATED:

8443052_sa.jpg

You should attempt to purchase this in the Electronics dept, just like the pre-activated cards from years ago, since other cashiers in Grocery or Apparel or Home may not ring up the 20% off coupon at the right time.  Be sure to let us all know if there's any success to this!  :)

#175 io   ... Super Moderators   24718 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:03 AM

You should attempt to purchase this in the Electronics dept, just like the pre-activated cards from years ago, since other cashiers in Grocery or Apparel or Home may not ring up the 20% off coupon at the right time.  Be sure to let us all know if there's any success to this!  :)

Sadly there is no Electronics department at my local Fred Meyer any more.  They gutted it to put in a dumb-ass sports apparel section.  It isn't even a good one - all seems to be running stuff (I was looking for basketball shoes).  Electronics are just 2 aisles shoved in between toys and guns now.  They still have most of the video game and movie stuff but almost nothing else.  Super lame.  When I bought my Switch Pro controller they took it up to Customer Service and I had to ring it up there even though I also had groceries.  Had to take those to the regular registers.  The whole thing stinks.  I hear they will be doing this at more and more Fred Meyer stores.

#176 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1930 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:19 PM

Sadly there is no Electronics department at my local Fred Meyer any more.  They gutted it to put in a dumb-ass sports apparel section.  It isn't even a good one - all seems to be running stuff (I was looking for basketball shoes).  Electronics are just 2 aisles shoved in between toys and guns now.  They still have most of the video game and movie stuff but almost nothing else.  Super lame.  When I bought my Switch Pro controller they took it up to Customer Service and I had to ring it up there even though I also had groceries.  Had to take those to the regular registers.  The whole thing stinks.  I hear they will be doing this at more and more Fred Meyer stores.

i noticed this at one of the stores by me, too. i was hoping it was a temporary situation while they were remodeling the store.

#177 io   ... Super Moderators   24718 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:27 AM

i noticed this at one of the stores by me, too. i was hoping it was a temporary situation while they were remodeling the store.

They did a big remodel here as well but getting rid of the Electronics section was one of the key goals, apparently.  They improved some of the food sections, but gutted Electronics and a few other things.  I think they got rid of paint, which is fine with me.  They also reduced toys a little bit.

#178 Tygamr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   266 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:08 AM

Tomorrow Fred Meyer is doing the $10/$20/$30 off deal. They’re also currently doing the $20/$35/$50 giftcard for 2/3/4 games deal this week. I think they should stack—the dollar off deal is a savings certificate and in the fine print it says it can be combined with other coupons, just not other savings certificates. The giftcard deal is a coupon, though I’m not sure about the exclusions on it.

#179 io   ... Super Moderators   24718 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:18 AM

Tomorrow Fred Meyer is doing the $10/$20/$30 off deal. They’re also currently doing the $20/$35/$50 giftcard for 2/3/4 games deal this week. I think they should stack—the dollar off deal is a savings certificate and in the fine print it says it can be combined with other coupons, just not other savings certificates. The giftcard deal is a coupon, though I’m not sure about the exclusions on it.

I saw the gift card deal and was wondering about the $10/$20/$30.  It looks like they didn't include Switch games in this, though?  What is up with that?  I don't remember any other newish system having its games excluded from B2G1 and stuff like this before.  I need to pick up Zelda and would love to have used this deal to get that, Mario Kart, Splatoon 2 and maybe something else (already have Odyssey).

From the fine print I saw, it simply didn't list the Switch (while it did include the Wii and Wii U).  It didn't seem to exclude them specifically, though.  I might give it a shot and see if I can get lucky with an override.

I guess I can pick up Pokémon Sun/Moon Ultra though I never finished the original one and my kids lost interest fast last Fall.

#180 Cornelius   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   982 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:27 AM

Bumpc_s-2.gif

Good news everyone ... the prepaid GC's are back at Fred Meyer!!!  Photo proof from Monday @ Bellevue location:

zM0LTJG.jpg

eaDjPlp.jpg

If that weren't joyous enough, here's a current "save $10/20/30 off $50/100/150" savings certificate to get you reacquainted with the Home Electronics dept ...

rUcWHYc.jpg

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!