* * - - - 2 votes

SAVE $45 OFF When you Buy any Two @Best Buy -- Elder Scrolls Online, Mortal Kombat X , Evolve, Borderlands, Battlefield Hardline, Lego Jurrasic World

Best Buy Xbox One Ps4 MKX Borderlands Elder Scrolls Battlefield

#61 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10724 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:59 AM

Who pissed in the punch bowl tonight?

#62 kupomogli   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   117 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:01 AM

It would be nice to stumble on a good deal from BB without having to commit to a membership I will use maybe 2 or 3 times tops.

I agree that the op should have edited the topic to show two games for $75 or $60(GCU.,) but coming in this thread you're still getting a deal with or without GCU. 

Also if you preorder anything big that's upcoming you almost make your money back in one sale and you still get the service for two years.  I'm fairly new myself to GCU because I always missed the $30 sale when it was $99, but now that it's $30 I immediately jumped on the deal.  All day one purchases are $48(sometimes $38 with the additional $10 credit,) always have access to buy two get one free used games, 10% off all used games and 20% off all new games.  I used to wait for games to hit $35 or less, now I don't mind buying them day one if it's something I'm fairly interested in as it's a reasonable price for day one. 

Just pay the $30.  You're throwing away $30 in the short run, but you're doing yourself a favor and you'll have a more enjoyable experience if you're a gamer who wants to play new games.

As someone else said, GCU makes every new purchase at Best Buy less than Gamestop has the same game priced used. 

#63 the_vahngo  

the_vahngo

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:17 AM

I agree that the op should have edited the topic to show two games for $75 or $60(GCU.,) but coming in this thread you're still getting a deal with or without GCU. 

Also if you preorder anything big that's upcoming you almost make your money back in one sale and you still get the service for two years.  I'm fairly new myself to GCU because I always missed the $30 sale when it was $99, but now that it's $30 I immediately jumped on the deal.  All day one purchases are $48(sometimes $38 with the additional $10 credit,) always have access to buy two get one free used games, 10% off all used games and 20% off all new games.  I used to wait for games to hit $35 or less, now I don't mind buying them day one if it's something I'm fairly interested in as it's a reasonable price for day one. 

Just pay the $30.  You're throwing away $30 in the short run, but you're doing yourself a favor and you'll have a more enjoyable experience if you're a gamer who wants to play new games.

As someone else said, GCU makes every new purchase at Best Buy less than Gamestop has the same game priced used. 

If it were only universally known GS is one of the worst place for gaming needs.

#64 Agent Orange   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   939 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Agent Orange

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:55 AM

The only game I want to buy "day 1" is Metal Gear Solid V - and I am getting that from Dell because of that $25 pre-order deal. Likely also getting Star Wars Battlefront through Dell to roll over my $25 promo(unless I get that one digitally, in which case I would put the $25 towards something else, preferably another one with $25 promo).

I'm glad GCU is $30 now, but I still haven't had a reason to get it. Obviously I should have signed up when it was basically free (what was it, cell phone promo or whatever?). I can probably get my money's worth for $30, but it isn't the no-brainer some make it out to be. Although admittedly if Dell is going to $10 promos instead of $25, there might not be much choice but to finally sign up for GCU. Up to now, I haven't needed it and haven't missed it one bit (digital flash sales are where the true cheapass deals are). 

Edited by Agent Orange, 27 July 2015 - 04:09 AM.

#65 Agent Orange   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   939 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Agent Orange

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:09 AM

If it were only universally known GS is one of the worst place for gaming needs.

They are decent on black Friday (the real black Friday, not this July nonesne). No worse than the other retailers anyway, and sometimes have unique deals.

#66 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8639 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:07 AM

I typically don't buy new games or games from retailers much anymore. If it's something like a store exclusive like Destiny Taken King CE I go that particular store for it, but not really much else unless it's a killer used/trade-in promo. On top of the PUR membership, you also get a sub to Game Informer which isn't great, but a nice addition to $15. It just sucks that BB never has any decent used games and the only way to get a good price there for new is forking over $30 for their membership. Like I said, most of my games come from places like ebay or here.

It would be nice to stumble on a good deal from BB without having to commit to a membership I will use maybe 2 or 3 times tops.

You know you don't have to buy gcu and still get $45 off two games right?

#67 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8587 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:07 AM

The only game I want to buy "day 1" is Metal Gear Solid V - and I am getting that from Dell because of that $25 pre-order deal. Likely also getting Star Wars Battlefront through Dell to roll over my $25 promo(unless I get that one digitally, in which case I would put the $25 towards something else, preferably another one with $25 promo).

I'm glad GCU is $30 now, but I still haven't had a reason to get it. Obviously I should have signed up when it was basically free (what was it, cell phone promo or whatever?). I can probably get my money's worth for $30, but it isn't the no-brainer some make it out to be. Although admittedly if Dell is going to $10 promos instead of $25, there might not be much choice but to finally sign up for GCU. Up to now, I haven't needed it and haven't missed it one bit (digital flash sales are where the true cheapass deals are). 

On the other hand there are people who actually buy new games and GCU is a no-brainer.

#68 Rudybegga   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:08 AM

I wish that GCU was applied first.  That would make it 51 for the two, or 25.50 apiece!

#69 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:08 AM

My GCU paid for itself the first month

#70 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:09 AM

If the TIV for Jurassic world holds I'll pick it and MKX for X1 up tomorrow then trade in JW for the gow3 remastered collection

#71 al05t50ul  

al05t50ul

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:12 AM

Don't know if this has been done or asked yet but...I bought Borderlands last week and I opened it already. Would I be able to get some sort of price adjustment by just picking up one of these other games too? So I can get this deal. I would get 2 more but I have everything on this list except for that Jurassic game

#72 esalw822  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:23 AM

Don't know if this has been done or asked yet but...I bought Borderlands last week and I opened it already. Would I be able to get some sort of price adjustment by just picking up one of these other games too? So I can get this deal. I would get 2 more but I have everything on this list except for that Jurassic game

Just buy Borderlands again with another game from the promo and then return it with your original receipt.

#73 Raw_Orangejuice  

Raw_Orangejuice

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:40 AM

How long does it take for GCU to activate on my account?  These guys almost got me for 80 something bucks

#74 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2792 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:38 AM

Is this limit one per account instore? Can I buy 4 games and get the promo twice in one transaction or do I have to do seperate ones.

#75 n00bie   Grazing for cheap games CAGiversary!   892 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:41 AM

I would imagine separate ones.

#76 TheBroKitten   Banned Banned   273 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

TheBroKitten

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:18 AM

My $10 dragon age games shipped

Successful glitch is successful

#77 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8502 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:29 AM

Didn't see it mentioned, but Dragon Age Inquisition is back up to $59.99 online (and still sold out), so most likely that price in store as well. No more $13.99 each after discount in-store if that is the case.

#78 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1274 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:39 AM

How long does it take for GCU to activate on my account? These guys almost got me for 80 something bucks

Should come off automatically on your cart.

#79 allprologue  

allprologue

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:32 PM

with GCU, 2 for $60 on MKX and ESO feels like a no-brainer. in for that.

#80 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:41 PM

Picked up an MKX for X1 and Jurassic world to trade to gamestop with the 50%, pick up gow3 remastered, finish it this week then sell it to pay for the Rare Replay

#81 Kotor15   Banned Banned   3099 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:54 PM

I picked up Lego Jurassic for under $25, said no one ever.

#82 al05t50ul  

al05t50ul

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:18 PM

Just buy Borderlands again with another game from the promo and then return it with your original receipt.

Wouldn't they then charge me full price for the other game if i return Borderlands? cause wouldn't that cancel out the save $45 deal?

#83 al05t50ul  

al05t50ul

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:20 PM

Never mind.  I guess you meant use the receipt for when i bought borderlands last week.  >.<  gotta drink my coffee before i talk to anybody.   thanks. 

#84 Vid387  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:21 PM

Wouldn't they then charge me full price for the other game if i return Borderlands? cause wouldn't that cancel out the save $45 deal?

Return THIS WEEKS copy with LAST WEEKS receipt.

#85 al05t50ul  

al05t50ul

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:24 PM

Return THIS WEEKS copy with LAST WEEKS receipt.

Yeah, i corrected myself already.  thanks. 

#86 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1139 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:29 PM

Very tempted with Mortal Kombat and Borderlands...

#87 Number83   ¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ CAGiversary!   10553 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:31 PM

Picked up ESO and MKX for the XB1, with $20 Cert and a $5.00 Wish List Gift Card they sent me...worked out to be $18.xx per title.  Not to shabby, IMO.

#88 al05t50ul  

al05t50ul

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:35 PM

Very tempted with Mortal Kombat and Borderlands...

Do it! MKX is the most fun i've ever had in a fighting game in a while.  Playing as Jason Vorhees and Predator is awesome.  and Borderlands is worth it. 

#89 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:23 PM

It does....

Not in the way we all wanted it to, though. I get the math, I just don't think this is all that great a deal. I really just want Jurassic World and ESO, but I know they will both be cheaper in a couple more months.

#90 alfaflyt   CAG CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:40 PM

Hope they do more 2 for $60(with GCU) deals. It is a good deal considering these games are relatively new. I'm going to pass though. Nothing I'm in any hurry to play. These are the kind of games I'll pick up preowned for $10-$15 during a buy 2 get 1 sale. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Best Buy, Xbox One, Ps4, MKX, Borderlands, Elder Scrolls, Battlefield