* * - - - 2 votes

SAVE $45 OFF When you Buy any Two @Best Buy -- Elder Scrolls Online, Mortal Kombat X , Evolve, Borderlands, Battlefield Hardline, Lego Jurrasic World

Best Buy Xbox One Ps4 MKX Borderlands Elder Scrolls Battlefield

#91 io   ... Super Moderators   24729 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:10 PM

I really want to pick up Lego Jurassic World but I already have ESO and Borderlands.  If only Witcher 3 was part of this!

I take it the $60 trade-in is at GS with the coupon I never got.  So that's out...

#92 cyko   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   383 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:36 PM

Question about GCU - how soon after activating it can you use it? Immediately after buying it? Or in the same transaction or what?

In other words, if I run to Best Buy and purchase GCU membership, 2 lego Jurassic Worlds and wind Waker, will the games ring up at $30 in the same transaction? Or do i need to buy the games seperately? Or will it take even longer?

#93 DetroitSportsFan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   412 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

DetroitSportsFan

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:53 PM

I didn't see this mentioned earlier, but if anyone with GCU just wants one of these, you can just buy 2 and return one of them without voiding the deal.

I just wanted Lego Jurassic World, so i brought 2 of them at CS and asked if I could return one of them and keep one for the $30 price. I paid for them, then attempted the return, and it went through. I was refunded the $30 + tax I paid for the one I returned.

#94 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3239 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:11 PM

Good Lord, the responses here. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it.

#95 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:44 PM

GCU pays for itself many times over on days like today, I turned $500 of best buy credit into $1200 gamestop credit with around 20 games, only took around 1 hour.  But yeah keep hating on GCU, more for me.

#96 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1302 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:22 PM

Online is flippin out in socal...one minute jurrasic park is in stock then its out of stock then in again, etc ect.

#97 NickSC07   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1192 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:44 PM

Bought mortal kombat x and lego jurassic world. $65 after tax. I immediately traded lego jurassic world in at gamestop for $56 after extra 50% coupon. I bought the kombat pack and still had $26 leftover. So it's basically getting mortal kombat x and all dlc for $34 after tax. Great deal!

#98 legs1986   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   238 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

legs1986

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:49 PM

This was too good not to share. I had some 50% bonus trade in coupons for gamestop from their last 4/20, so decided to do some flipping.

So I went to BestBuy and had a copy each of XB1 and PS4 lego jurassic park. I had enough in gift cards to cover it, but also had 50 in rewards points that was sitting there. After checking trade in values online, I decided I'd go ahead and pickup batman on its own since I also had a movers coupon and as long as I beat it by Saturday, would get 60 for it from gamestop just like the lego games.

Fastforward, the guy rings everything up, movers coupon takes 6 off batman knocking it down to 42 with gamersclub, and the lego games were 30 a piece. Cool; swipe gift cards; cool. Then try to use my rewards points...... invalid. 

I didn't realize this is taken off like a coupon and has to be rung through before any tender or it won't work.... so now, this guy ends up calling for a manager to come over 4 different times, with us standing around for about 10 minutes. Eventually, no one comes, but the computer times out the sale so he starts ringing it again.... Only now the movers code doesn't work (I think it might have voided it because of the first transaction.)

I point this out and the guy just goes Fuck it, and overrides Batman to 27.99, looks at me and says, that good?

So I ended up paying 84 and tax, all of it covered by reward points and gift cards, for 2 lego games that I just traded for 120, and the new Batman game that I'm gonna beat and trade in for 60.

Plus, it seems like 1 code works for the entire transaction; so I also traded in super smash for 60 a year after buying it from BB new for 48. Gonna do the same with Zelda Wind Waker because I can get it for 32 from best buy and get the new art cover that I prefer, while the game also trades in for 60. Been a huge day for flipping!!

#99 vbbv8118  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:54 PM

TIV usually change on wednesdays so hope that AK does not go down by the time you trade it in.

#100 Zalaki   Worker by night, Gamer by day CAGiversary!   2629 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:25 AM

Another to the ignore list.

Everyone must be Trading in Lego JW because my BBY's all had very low stock haha

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Best Buy, Xbox One, Ps4, MKX, Borderlands, Elder Scrolls, Battlefield