Gamestop Store Credit - Can They Revoke It?

QuestMeMore

CAGiversary!
I have a question regarding gamestop. I had store credit but recently purchased a console that was broken. I tried getting a new console and they keep telling me to go through Microsoft (Xbox One).

Naturally, Microsoft says if I received a broken console - it's up to the people who sold it to refund me within 30 days. Corporate and the store is NOT helping me and I'm ready to take this up with my bank.

My only concern: I have trade-in credit with Gamestop. Can they legally close my account or revoke remainder store credit if I decide to take this up with my bank? I really don't want to have to sue gamestop, but I'm willing to take it to small claims or civil court if they pull something like this after I file a complaint with my bank. I simply lost what trust I had for the corporation

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant post a thread in the deals section to ask questions. Put it in the advice section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I would get the office number of the district manager. They are pretty good about helping the customers out. (I managed a GS for about 3 years a few years ago in the Houston area). I am fairly certain they will help you out. If not, then I would take it to the regional VP. (While you are talking to the district manager and ask for the regional VP's phone number, they will back down). Other than that, I'm not a lawyer, and don't claim to be, by far, but I would assume that there are some laws being broken there, not to mention protections in the Consumer's Bill of Rights.

Oh I just saw that you said corporate isn't helping you. My mistake. That is crazy. Wish I could help. I agree that I would take it up with my bank.

I have a question regarding gamestop. I had store credit but recently purchased a console that was broken. I tried getting a new console and they keep telling me to go through Microsoft (Xbox One).

Naturally, Microsoft says if I received a broken console - it's up to the people who sold it to refund me within 30 days. Corporate and the store is NOT helping me and I'm ready to take this up with my bank.

My only concern: I have trade-in credit with Gamestop. Can they legally close my account or revoke remainder store credit if I decide to take this up with my bank? I really don't want to have to sue gamestop, but I'm willing to take it to small claims or civil court if they pull something like this after I file a complaint with my bank. I simply lost what trust I had for the corporation
You can always use the trade credit to buy a gift card before you go through the bank. That way your account doesnt' have any credit on it but you still have a gift card that never expires.

bread's done
Back