* * * * * 1 votes

Newegg Celebration Sale Tuesday 7/28/15 - ONE DAY ONLY!

NeweggJeff newegg amazon prime day patent trolls wtf no idea deviant garbage day

#151 sovereignNX-73811   rolling (over) back in style CAGiversary!   5692 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:38 PM

Just a deviant.

whoknows

This is such a troll sale by Newegg. Get us hyped for nothing. So much in fact, when they talk about why they're doing it, they mention they're having it because they beat trolls. But sadly, only to become the trolls themselves.

http://blog.newegg.c...we-win-you-win/

I just read Newegg's blog...apparently I was a patent troll and didn't even know it!

#152 bgame2   Pure Cag Smoothness CAGiversary!   3548 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:09 PM

So much for the celebration.  Is there cake at least?  Anyone?  Anyone?  I take it that's a no?  *walks away from sale*

The cake is outside in the Tent that is only open to Prime members.

All kidding aside, I'm pretty sure my own ebay listings and occasional amazon seller items represent far better deals than we've seen over the last 10 days.  Having said that, best buy's current 2 for about 64 sale is pretty good. 

#153 Spiky  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:31 PM

Just a heads up, I was keeping my expectations low while looking through the Newegg deals, but one thing did stand out to me a bit: the Sennheiser HD518 on-ear headphones are $55 per pair, which is $20 lower than Amazon right now and about $15 lower than Amazon's lowest-ever price (you have to add them to your cart to see it).

They're pretty well-reviewed headphones, and you can look those reviews up for yourself if you're interested. One thing to watch out for is that they're an open design, so there will be sound leakage, but with a more natural sound than closed varieties. From what I've read, they seem pretty decent as high bang-for-your-buck audiophile headphones; those with a lot of disposable income to throw around and who place the highest premium on their audiophile status probably wouldn't be interested, but it's perfect for me, who wants just a high quality experience at a price point that won't break the bank. The open design will be nice for when I play around with music production/mixing, too. Anyhow, here's the link if you want to check them out:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16826106514

#154 sgr76   Talk it < Living it CAGiversary!   1085 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:32 PM

Am i too late for the 5 o clock free crack giveaway?

#155 Pokechaos480   Banned Banned   3685 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Pokechaos480

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:34 PM

How is this not nuked yet?

#156 MrBeatdown   DumbAssGamer CAGiversary!   1339 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

MrBeatdown

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:03 PM

More like PooEgg.

#157 Pokechaos480   Banned Banned   3685 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Pokechaos480

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:05 PM

Am i too late for the 5 o clock free crack giveaway?

Brah you're too late. NeweggJeff and I smoked it all while counting our butcoins.

#158 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24379 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:23 PM

So much for the celebration.  Is there cake at least?  Anyone?  Anyone?  I take it that's a no?  *walks away from sale*

The cake is a lie.

#159 sovereignNX-73811   rolling (over) back in style CAGiversary!   5692 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:24 PM

Just a heads up, I was keeping my expectations low while looking through the Newegg deals, but one thing did stand out to me a bit: the Sennheiser HD518 on-ear headphones are $55 per pair, which is $20 lower than Amazon right now and about $15 lower than Amazon's lowest-ever price (you have to add them to your cart to see it).

They're pretty well-reviewed headphones, and you can look those reviews up for yourself if you're interested. One thing to watch out for is that they're an open design, so there will be sound leakage, but with a more natural sound than closed varieties. From what I've read, they seem pretty decent as high bang-for-your-buck audiophile headphones; those with a lot of disposable income to throw around and who place the highest premium on their audiophile status probably wouldn't be interested, but it's perfect for me, who wants just a high quality experience at a price point that won't break the bank. The open design will be nice for when I play around with music production/mixing, too. Anyhow, here's the link if you want to check them out:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16826106514

Yep...the only good thing from this sale. It's good stuff though.

How is this not nuked yet?

Oh-ho It'll be nuked. Very soon.

#160 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4849 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:59 PM

Probably a dumb question, but can any of those headsets work on Xbox and Playstation consoles?

I was interested in that 11.6 Acer until I read the 32 GB can't be switched out. I also considered getting the 8 GB Ram (4 x 4) or the 16 GB (8 x 8). 

Seems like the kind of deal for those who work on computers. Since that's not my expertise, this sale didn't do much for me.

#161 CookieParty   Artist formerly known as Burritoman CAGiversary!   3260 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

CookieParty

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:14 AM

I skipped work for this piece of shit.

#162 Pokechaos480   Banned Banned   3685 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Pokechaos480

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:31 AM

Go eat a cookie. You aren't yourself when you're hungry.

#163 sovereignNX-73811   rolling (over) back in style CAGiversary!   5692 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:20 AM

Probably a dumb question, but can any of those headsets work on Xbox and Playstation consoles?

I was interested in that 11.6 Acer until I read the 32 GB can't be switched out. I also considered getting the 8 GB Ram (4 x 4) or the 16 GB (8 x 8). 

Seems like the kind of deal for those who work on computers. Since that's not my expertise, this sale didn't do much for me.

Not without a little jury rigging or a third party cable. I've seen cables for the Sennheiser HD 5xx series that have in-line mics in them on Amazon so you can work them into a PS4.

Is the bright side the fact that you skipped work?