Ebay Wii U & 3DS games Digital Download

I'm looking at the Wii U codes and it seems the guy is charging a lot more for some games than they're worth (ie Mega Man Zero, Paper Mario).

I think it's against eBays terms of service to sell downloads. There has been a lot of discussion in the eBay thread about that stuff. Not saying don't buy them, but the dude's prices are shit.

Dude's feedback is only 25...everyone starts somewhere, but you may get hosed. I'd buy codes here or from someone with a higher rating that sells more than codes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know but some 3DS and Wii U prices are less than in Eshop or Physical from his list. For 20 a piece on some 3ds and 30 for Wii U some are a steal. Im just wondering if the codes are legit.

Well, I bought one. I asked for Super Smash Bros 3DS. We'll see if I get the code, and if it's valid. If it is, $20 is a good deal.

I'm pretty sure these were bought with a stolen credit card, otherwise why would this person have so many gifted copies of these games? It'll be easy to get your money back if so.

I would like to know if this is some scamming dude too. If this is legit, I wouldn't mind buying more games at twenty each.

The code worked, but I'm not leaving feedback yet in case it gets removed from my account through a chargeback/disputed transaction claim. I also had $6 in eBay bucks that I used to make the game $14, so Super Smash Bros 3DS was less than half price for me.

I guess, if you want one of the games that normally go for over $20 and don't mind probably going through a dispute, you might as well buy it. I can see ALBW and Mario & Luigi Dream Team being physical cards taken from retail 3DS bundles, but not all of the games. And they're all the same price, so you're almost definitely looking at someone trying to sell off something stolen or fraudulent.

The code worked, but what Blade is saying worries me. Can they just yank your game privileges like that? Hopefully that won't be an issue later.

I know that with Steam, Xbox, and PS that if you buy a digital game and then have the purchase charged back or marked as fraudulent, they will remove it from your account. I can't really say for sure whether or not Nintendo would do the same thing, but there's a very good chance they would. And with Steam in particular, doing it more than once will get your account banned.

I don't understand how anyone would be upset at you guys for buying something that wasn't legit. 

That's the cheapest price I've seen for a splatoon, I'm really tempted to go for it myself.

" REDEEM CODE TIME 3 HOURS, AFTER BEING SENT, IF YOU DON'T REDEEM THE CODE IN THIS TIME, AND THE CODE EXPIRE, YOU NEED PAY AGAIN A NEW CODE "

So i never heard of a code having a three hour time limit. Any ideas?

I can't vouch for the guy's legitimacy (some of this really does feel shady to me), but I can tell you it's been over a week since I redeemed the code, and the game still works. However, you can get a physical copy of Splatoon for about the same price at some retailers thanks to K-Mart, and Nintendo can't take that one away.

Yeah, same here, happy to still have my copy of Smash Bros 3DS. I didn't leave him feedback since to me that finalizes the transaction. Somehow his codes are good.

Wanted to post an update:

Got off the phone with Nintendo Support about my 3DS not being able to use eShop. It turns out my system was banned by Nintendo over this guy's code, since he bought them all with a fraudulent credit card. The game I bought has to be deleted, and I lost out on $20.

I assume you guys had the same experience, since the supervisor told me all systems affected by this were banned.

Wanted to post an update:

Got off the phone with Nintendo Support about my 3DS not being able to use eShop. It turns out my system was banned by Nintendo over this guy's code, since he bought them all with a fraudulent credit card. The game I bought has to be deleted, and I lost out on $20.

I assume you guys had the same experience, since the supervisor told me all systems affected by this were banned.
Damn thats some fucked up shit so your 3ds is banned permanently or the ban is lifted once game has been deleted?

Also you can file a dispute with ebay or paypal and im sure you will get your money back.

Damn thats some fucked up shit so your 3ds is banned permanently or the ban is lifted once game has been deleted?

Also you can file a dispute with ebay or paypal and im sure you will get your money back.
Just until the game is deleted. You have to call Nintendo CS, and they'll ask for proof that you bought it from a third party, and then they will remotely delete it and reactivate your system.

I can't file a dispute, it's been too long since the transaction took place. I tried on ebay and Paypal. I can't even contact ebay to tell them the seller sold items bought using a stolen credit card, either. I take responsibility for knowing this would happen and not doing anything about it. Should've just filed a dispute immediately to get my money back, regardless of whether or not the code worked.

All I can say is do not buy or sell anything to bostex2013, he's a shitty person.

bread's done
Back