Decent deals for PS4, 3DS, and XBONE @ jet.com

ebaymarcaro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Just wanted bring some attention that the newly launched "amazon competitor" jet.com has some decent deals on video games.

Yes, these at not all-time low prices for most of the games.

HOWEVER, you can get some really good deals that are at or near all-time lows if you buy multiple items.

Nintendo:

Nintendo $50 eShop card ~$49.75

Nintendo $35 eShop card: $33.60  

Kingdom Hearts: Drop Distance 3DS $19.16

Smash Brothers 3DS: $25.19

Wind Waker HD WiiU: $34.90

Microsoft:

Dying Light XBOX ONE: $27.02

Kingdom Amalur: Reckoning for XBOX 360: $10.26

Sony:

GTA V for PS$: 41.99

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax PS3: $19.19

Final Fantasy Type-0: $31.58

Alien Isolation PS4: $19.79

Dark Souls 2 Black Armor Edition for PS3: $21.33

These base prices may not be the best ever, but they are cheaper than current Amazon / Gamestop  / BB (non-GCU) prices.

jet.com gives you increasingly better deals with the more items you purchase. So if you were buying any groceries / household supplies, these prices drop further. For the above, I've gotten another 20-40% off these prices just by buying some soap, dish detergent, basic groceries (which were already cheaper than anywhere else). 

For example, let's say I'm buying some toothpaste for $2.37, some olive oil for $16.63, some bar soap $5.56. All of which are good prices by themselves. Wind Waker drops to $32.53, $50 eShop code drops to $42.35, GTA V drops to $39.60. Those are already good prices that are even lower than BB w/ GCU.

Prices keep dropping steadily with each additional item, though some things level off after 10 items in your cart. Generally, with ~6 items in your cart, most games are very good deals.

e.g., Kirby and the Rainbow Curse drops to ~$27.31, Captain Toad Wii U drops to ~$23.81, Super Mario 3D World for Wii U drops to $36.90, Rayman Legends Wii U drops to ~$11.90, Mortal Kombat X for XBONE drops to ~$32.16

There are also good deals on movies. e.g., My Neighbord Totoro Bluray is $17.28 base price, but drops to ~$12.78 in the above example. I've never seen Totoro blu-ray below $15 unless you do the disney video family deal (but then you have to buy 10 movies).

Hope this is useful for some people!

Last edited by a moderator:
giphy.gif

OK, so this site lists a $35 eShop card for $47.98, then wants me to be excited for a $15.63 "discount"?

We essentially need to buy in bulk to get the real discounts.  I understand that concept works with Goldfish crackers, but video games? I'm skeptical.

Yeah most of the prices seem to be jacked up so they can make a big purple savings number. Reminds me of discount clothing stores.

Yeah most of the prices seem to be jacked up so they can make a big purple savings number. Reminds me of discount clothing stores.
Prices are the same as Amazon for video games.

Even has a link to the Amazon page, right next to the Jet price.
On the app, at least

is it called jet because you need to be high to shop there?  I'm cheap but a 25 cent discount on a $50 wii u card isn't enough for me to shop there.

OK, so this site lists a $35 eShop card for $47.98, then wants me to be excited for a $15.63 "discount"?

We essentially need to buy in bulk to get the real discounts. I understand that concept works with Goldfish crackers, but video games? I'm skeptical.
I totally agree the "savings" are laughable for some items, but the actual price is still a few dollars cheaper than amazon and other retailers. The noteworthy discounts are when you buy in "bulk", but the "bulk" doesn't have to be games. It can be anything on the website.

I totally agree the "savings" are laughable for some items, but the actual price is still a few dollars cheaper than amazon and other retailers. The noteworthy discounts are when you buy in "bulk", but the "bulk" doesn't have to be games. It can be anything on the website.
I did better with the BBY 15% off that they do occasionally. Tell your supervisor to offer that price on the website, and I'll buy one.

Glitches / deals have been heavily posted on SD and other deal sites for various groceries and computer parts from this company. 

I'm sure at least a few of you have seen those posts if not gotten in on some of those glitches.

I was just trying to highlight that you can get some pretty good discounts on games too. 

Sheesh, this community is really good at making one regret sharing anything that might be useful. 
(still better than SD though).

i wonder how much they paid for jet.com domain and i really regret not reserving thousands of dumbass names back in the late 90s
Maybe if you'd done that, you could have had come court strip you of your unused domain squatting, then you could be the reason for a July sale of sadness!

Hey OP, don't let the haters get you down. I have never heard of this site, and will give it a try if I am looking to buy a bunch of stuff online all at once. Even if you are only buying a few games, it looks like you can save about 1/3rd off of the full retail price which works out to be about the same as a B2G1 sale. This site may have a hard time succeeding since many people don't understand the concept of a dynamic discount and they suck at math (even CAGs). They will go full retard with comments like "Why has I gotz to buy more stuff to get this game for the best price on the net." Derp.

Hey OP, don't let the haters get you down, I have never heard of this site, and will give it a try if I am looking to buy a bunch of stuff online all at once. Even if you are only buying a few games, it looks like you can save about 1/3rd off of the full retail price which works out to be about the same as a B2G1 sale. This site may have a hard time succeeding since many people don't understand the concept of a dynamic discount and they suck at math (even CAGs). They will go full retard with comments like "Why has I gotz to buy more stuff to get this game for the best price on the net." Derp.
How do they do it?

Some of Jet’s secret sauce comes from empowering the customer to make decisions that will result in cheaper prices. The approach is pretty brilliant, but at the same time this is where it could become time-consuming if you like to check out in one click. But if you play the game well, Jet says you’ll at least make back the cost of the $50 membership, and potentially up to $150 a year in total savings.

So, how does Jet do it?

1. Jet only makes money from membership fees, and not from taking a cut of each product it sells, unlike other marketplaces.
  2. It does some smart calculating in the background to find items that will ship most economically to you vs. other marketplace approaches, which promote the retailer who has the best price, reputation, etc.
  3. Jet also allows you to waive your right to return items for additional savings.

Hey OP, don't let the haters get you down, I have never heard of this site, and will give it a try if I am looking to buy a bunch of stuff online all at once. Even if you are only buying a few games, it looks like you can save about 1/3rd off of the full retail price which works out to be about the same as a B2G1 sale. This site may have a hard time succeeding since many people don't understand the concept of a dynamic discount and they suck at math (even CAGs). They will go full retard with comments like "Why has I gotz to buy more stuff to get this game for the best price on the net." Derp.
Thanks! I tried to give a disclaimer that the best discounts are when you buy multiple items. I thought at least a few people would know the deal with this website. People have been figuring out ways to game the discounts on other items like groceries for pretty ridiculous discounts. jet.com being new is a hot mess and whatever algorithm they're using to calculate the discounts to undercut amazon and other retailers isn't perfect. People have figured ways to even get negative costs on items by adding the right combination of items. Many items are mislabeled and jet.com has been just shipping the wrong items and refunding the cost (e.g., listing says 12 pack of hard drives and you get shipped a single hard drive). I thought people who obsess with finding glitches in BB's system would be into this, guess it was asking too much...

I did pretty well myself on some of their other glitches so far. Free hard drive / cheap CPU memory / cheap or free groceries. I'm sure it's only a matter of time until someone finds good combinations of games to get some ridiculous discounts.

I made a couple orders last night which included several games to flip to Gamestop and to return to Best Buy for the copies I already bought and traded because games like GTAV PS4, Just Dance 2014 X1, Majora's Mask, Tomodachi LIfe, Smash Bros 3ds, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Kingdom Hearts DDD, Wind Waker, Hyrule Warriors, and Forza Horizon 2 X1 when bought together are the cheapest you can get them anywhere presently. 

Very good deal!

Oh, and it looks like GTAV, Majora's Mask, and Forza horizon 2 are coming from Toysrus while the other games from Jet trusted retail(er) partner.  Says 2-5 day shipping for all of them so probably just standard ground.

Good ole fashion Multi Level Marketing Pyramid crap.

These companies always use the same product line and motivational crap to recruit people.

To have a successful MLM company, you must convince people:

1.  We are helping people with our incredible products

2.  You are going to make a shit-ton of money

3.  Maybe this should have been #1, but we need money from you first

4.  Convince other people to do it too

God forbid anyone contribute anything new or potentially worthwhile.
Unless they have 53468953256 active posts.

Good job OP, a little lengthy, but good.

Good ole fashion Multi Level Marketing Pyramid crap.

These companies always use the same product line and motivational crap to recruit people.

To have a successful MLM company, you must convince people:

1. We are helping people with our incredible products
2. You are going to make a shit-ton of money
3. Maybe this should have been #1, but we need money from you first
4. Convince other people to do it too
Had a coworker buy into an energy drink pyramid scheme. Created a "dream" board and everything. He never even tried to recoup his money because he was stupid and gave all his friends the product instead of selling it and trying to recruit another idiot.

Thanks OP, have not heard about jet.com before. Looks like this website was launched a week ago and was founded by the same guy who sold diapers.com to amazon. There's some good deals to be had, no sure what's up with all the guys trash talking your thread :/

Had a coworker buy into an energy drink pyramid scheme. Created a "dream" board and everything. He never even tried to recoup his money because he was stupid and gave all his friends the product instead of selling it and trying to recruit another idiot.
That is what happens to over 90% of people who do this. That's how these companies make their money. On that first initial purchase from their new "Business Owner".

Only 3% of people who do MLM can consider living off it... if $35k is livable for you. So, even if you are better than 95% of the people who do it, you wouldn't make enough to even consider doing it full time.

Everyone gets sold a dream that it is amazing and that they will be so helpful. They buy into it and that's how they market what they are doing. "I'm helping people live happier and healthier lives, what's so wrong with that?"... you're being played like a fiddle that's what's wrong with it.

bread's done
Back