Project Cars - $40 @ Best Buy ($32 with GCU)

Is this game even worth it if you dont have a wheel?
It's very much a simulation and even if you have a wheel the learning curve is steep compared to other racing games. I have not used a wheel, but I did tweak controller settings on my Xbox One using this guide. It made the game more playable for me but it's still no walk in the park. FWIW, I personally enjoy playing Forza Horizon 2 and Drive Club (with the most current updates) more.

Would you compare it more to Forza/Drive Club/Gran Turismo? I enjoy Forza very much, but Drive Club wasn't really my thing. I haven't played much of Gran Turismo, so I'd say Forza 5/Horizon 2 have been my favorites so far.

Ive heard this game is going to be compatible with morpheus... although i guess by the time morpheus launches this will probably be 10-20

Would you compare it more to Forza/Drive Club/Gran Turismo? I enjoy Forza very much, but Drive Club wasn't really my thing. I haven't played much of Gran Turismo, so I'd say Forza 5/Horizon 2 have been my favorites so far.
Go outside, get in your car and try and drive it with your feet going 75mph down a curvy mountain road.

It's more like GranTurismo.
Not at all like Driveclub.
I haven't played Forza.
Definitely worth $32.
It's pretty fun, especially if you change the settings, like EdsHead mentioned.

I didn't like it. I hung through the first two patches and traded it back in. It races more along the lines of FM1 than FM5 (pure SIM I mean) and at least early on there was a race breaking oversteer glitch. I heard the game got better after they neutered the controller and video refresh rate but those same people are still regretting buying it. My personal recommendation is save your ~$40 and put it towards FM6.

Is this a permanent price drop? I don't see the "On sale, you save $xx" sign near the price.

I remember Sunset Overdrive had the same thing when it had the permanent price drop from $60 to $40. Project cars didn't sell well probably? It hasn't been out for that long from what I recall.

I'd recommend it at the $32 gcu price. Like others have said this game is very demanding with a STEEP learning curve. But once you get a feel for the controls and how to properly manage steering and throttle input, you start noticing all the small details that make this game a pretty strong first entry in the series. Car list is limited compared to something like forza but the track list puts most other games to shame.

I might just stick to Forza. The only reason this had tempted me is because I play my PS4 more, and wanted a good racing game on there and a rep from Project Cars had gave me this really sweet back pack.

bread's done
Back