Avengers 2 age of ultron pre order 19.99 (one disk blu ray) 24.99 (2 disk blu ray) @ amazon

Will probably buy it from Disney Movie Club. Hopefully, they can bundle it with one or two other Marvel movies. Was hoping they would have a Marvel deal when Avengers 2 was out in theaters but there was nothing.

so single disc is bluray only, while 2discs is 3D+2D+digital? seems like it's worth extra $5 for 2 discs edition, and then sell 3D+digital on ebay or something.

Ultron SB
Vision SB

Quite pricey, or else I would get both...
2 steelbooks..... classy as ever Disney :???:

And since I haven't seen the movie or read the comics I don't know who I'd like better. Aside from both characters being Androids and the fact that Vision was a knockoff of Martian Manhunter/Red Tornado I know nothing about either one.

Guess I'll flip a coin?

Last edited:
I have a feeling they will both go down to $24.99 or under at release. In fact I think the GOTG steelbook may have been $19.99.
It was, because it was sold out for a while. Then stock came in and out before release. With that reminder, I might double dip and try to sell some of the duplicate pieces.

I have a feeling they will both go down to $24.99 or under at release. In fact I think the GOTG steelbook may have been $19.99.
It was, because it was sold out for a while. Then stock came in and out before release. With that reminder, I might double dip and try to sell some of the duplicate pieces.

The "Hide" button is your friend...

I went ahead an pre-ordered this last week just to be on the safe side.  I really don't like the fact that BB charged 90+ bucks for this and 2 other pre-order steelbooks even though they haven't shipped yet.

I went ahead an pre-ordered this last week just to be on the safe side. I really don't like the fact that BB charged 90+ bucks for this and 2 other pre-order steelbooks even though they haven't shipped yet.
Charges? Shouldn't just be a temporary charge that comes off?!?

I just realized something funny.  I never caught it but Daredevil is in the same continuity as these movies and Agents of SHIELD.  lol guess that's what I get for not paying attention.

I grew bored of Agents of SHIELD and quit watching it when Agent Carter aired, but I don't suppose I'll have to watch these shows to follow Avengers 2 or Ant Man right?  I mean Daredevil isn't going to team up with that..... blind man or w/e the hell that thing from AoS was supposed to be...... and kick Ultron in the crotch or something like that right?  Same deal with Ant Man right?

I don't want to pre-order a movie if I'm going to be punished for not following the superfluous TV shows..... though I guess I should give Daredevil a try......

Last edited:
I just realized something funny. I never caught it but Daredevil is in the same continuity as these movies and Agents of SHIELD. lol guess that's what I get for not paying attention.

I grew bored of Agents of SHIELD and quit watching it when Agent Carter aired, but I don't suppose I'll have to watch these shows to follow Avengers 2 or Ant Man right? I mean Daredevil isn't going to team up with that..... blind man or w/e the hell that thing from AoS was supposed to be...... and kick Ultron in the crotch or something like that right? Same deal with Ant Man right?

I don't want to pre-order a movie if I'm going to be punished for not following the superfluous TV shows..... though I guess I should give Daredevil a try......
You should give AoS another chance, I love how they tie in the TV show to the movies. Although there wasn't a tie-in to Ant-Man, mainly because the TV show wasn't airing when the movie came out. Also, I'm not sure how much of the TV show you've seen but I'm excited for where they are taking it and with the current schedule of Avengers related movies coming out it will hopefully be here for years to come.

You should give AoS another chance, I love how they tie in the TV show to the movies. Although there wasn't a tie-in to Ant-Man, mainly because the TV show wasn't airing when the movie came out. Also, I'm not sure how much of the TV show you've seen but I'm excited for where they are taking it and with the current schedule of Avengers related movies coming out it will hopefully be here for years to come.
The last episode I watched was the one right before Agent Carter started. I think it'd been getting progressively worse (though frankly the only time it was ever worth watching was Season 1 after Winter Soldier), but that "finale" was awful. I don't really read the comics so I don't know what's supposed to be significant about a man with no eyes, but I literally lol'd because of how idiotic it looked. And I don't think the writing and dialogue was much better.

I wasn't fond of Agent Carter either but at least it was watchable. Even if she was a giant Mary Sue.

So the TV show does impact Avengers 2 then? I mean beyond a token comment or two? If so that's a shame, I always said I would drop this MCU nonsense if Disney made it too much of pain to keep up with the movies (beyond having to watch all of them which was hard enough to track them down at a decent price). I already feel like I'm being punished enough for not buying their stupid tie-in comics to see how Asgard's rainbow bridge was repaired and stuff like that, so the TV show containing important plot points is going to push me over the edge.

Last edited:
So the TV show does impact Avengers 2 then? I mean beyond a token comment or two? If so that's a shame, I always said I would drop this MCU nonsense if Disney made it too much of pain to keep up with the movies (beyond having to watch all of them which was hard enough to track them down at a decent price). I already feel like I'm being punished enough for not buying their stupid tie-in comics to see how Asgard's rainbow bridge was repaired and stuff like that, so the TV show containing important plot points is going to push me over the edge.
Well, actually, the TV show's tie-in with Winter Soldier was much more immersive than the tie-in with Age of Ultron. In fact, it was literally maybe 20 seconds of one the last episodes of the TV show that alluded to events in the movie. All that being said, I'm not sure how events of the movie will affect to the TV show beyond just mentions here and there.

Well, actually, the TV show's tie-in with Winter Soldier was much more immersive than the tie-in with Age of Ultron. In fact, it was literally maybe 20 seconds of one the last episodes of the TV show that alluded to events in the movie. All that being said, I'm not sure how events of the movie will affect to the TV show beyond just mentions here and there.
lol I am getting confused, I think we may be talking about different things. Were any major events or new characters from the TV show referenced in the movie? I know the show piggybacks off the movies in a ton of ways (or at least it did in Season 1), I just wanted to make sure that, as someone who hasn't followed the shows much or read the comics, I'm not going to be lost at any point watching the Ultron movie.

Last edited:
lol I am getting confused, I think we may be talking about different things. Were any major events or new characters from the TV show referenced in the movie? I know the show piggybacks off the movies in a ton of ways (or at least it did in Season 1), I just wanted to make sure that, as someone who hasn't followed the shows much or read the comics, I'm not going to be lost at any point watching the Ultron movie.
I don't think the TV show affects the movies, only the other way around. If you skip the TV show you should be fine watching the movies.

I don't think the TV show affects the movies, only the other way around. If you skip the TV show you should be fine watching the movies.
Cool, I can work with that. That is what I figured at first but after hearing about Disney's plan for Star Wars earlier I wasn't so sure.

I remember another thread somebody said S2 of Agents of SHIELD was on Netflix so maybe I'll give it another chance after I see this movie, especially if I don't have to worry about Ant-Man spoilers.

How was the Daredevil show? Is Season 1 finished yet?

Last edited:
Cool, I can work with that. That is what I figured at first but after hearing about Disney's plan for Star Wars earlier I wasn't so sure.

I remember another thread somebody said S2 of Agents of SHIELD was on Netflix so maybe I'll give it another chance after I see this movie, especially if I don't have to worry about Ant-Man spoilers.

The show is a Netflix show so I assumed they released the whole season at once. I haven't watched it, I don't have time to watch my recorded stories much less all the stuff on Netflix I want to watch. :)

The show is a Netflix show so I assumed they released the whole season at once. I haven't watched it, I don't have time to watch my recorded stories much less all the stuff on Netflix I want to watch. :)
I forgot about the Netflix exclusivity lol. That will make it a lot more convenient to watch, I don't have cable so I had to get a friend to DVR AoS/AC for me.

I thought Daredevil season 1 was great, they did a great job developing Kingpin's character into one of the best MCU villians. I couldn't get into Agents of Shield though, it was much too cheesy with not enough action or interesting characters for me to be able to keep interest.

I just realized something funny. I never caught it but Daredevil is in the same continuity as these movies and Agents of SHIELD. lol guess that's what I get for not paying attention.

I grew bored of Agents of SHIELD and quit watching it when Agent Carter aired, but I don't suppose I'll have to watch these shows to follow Avengers 2 or Ant Man right? I mean Daredevil isn't going to team up with that..... blind man or w/e the hell that thing from AoS was supposed to be...... and kick Ultron in the crotch or something like that right? Same deal with Ant Man right?

The show got much better for me episode 8 onward from season one. The second half of season 2 is really intense so yoy must watch it !!!!! Btw the new marvel netflix show "Jessica jones debuts this December and it too will tie in with daredevil and mcu, they are working towards a defenders show on netflix with iron fist getting his own series too ^_____^

I've got a short attention span but found the newest season of Agents of Shield interesting enough to watch especially with the tie-ins with the Avengers and Captain America movies. The action, special effects and story twists are decent enough but I wish there were more of it.

In contrast, I really wanted to like Agent Carter especially with its WWII setting and its tie-in with Tony Stark 's dad, but the action was so few and far between and special effects non-existent that I couldn't stand it after two episodes.

Like I said, I have a short attention span but it takes a lot to make me keep coming back to watch a show these days. Agent of Shield is just OK but Agent Carter was underwhelming. Might catch Daredevil when it's on bluray as I don't subscribe to Netflix. Really enjoyed the Flash. Only other show catching my attention is Supergirl coming this fall. Hope they do a decent job with that one.

The show got much better for me episode 8 onward from season one. The second half of season 2 is really intense so yoy must watch it !!!!! Btw the new marvel netflix show "Jessica jones debuts this December and it too will tie in with daredevil and mcu, they are working towards a defenders show on netflix with iron fist getting his own series too ^_____^
Oh lord, there's more?
Will Jessica Jones be on Netflix at least? Having that constant availability does make it much easier to keep up with them.

I'm not exactly sure where I heard it but Marvel is planning to release a series on Netflix every 6 months. This might start with Jessica Jones, might not. Also if anyone is on the fence about Daredevil, it was one of the best show I've ever watched period. I loved everything about the show and I especially loved Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin. They already announced that season 2 will be happening and that Jon Bernthal from the Walking Dead will be the Punisher

I'm not exactly sure where I heard it but Marvel is planning to release a series on Netflix every 6 months. This might start with Jessica Jones, might not. Also if anyone is on the fence about Daredevil, it was one of the best show I've ever watched period. I loved everything about the show and I especially loved Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin. They already announced that season 2 will be happening and that Jon Bernthal from the Walking Dead will be the Punisher
Daredevil is arguably the best super hero themed show out there right now. The production value was off the charts !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Were any major events or new characters from the TV show referenced in the movie?
Major? Not really. One element of the show does play a part in the movie, but it's not a big deal. If you watch the show, you'll just be able to say, "Oh, so THAT'S where he got THAT from," near the end of the movie, but not seeing the related episode doesn't detract from it at all.

How was the Daredevil show?
It was really excellent. Way better than Agents of Shield and Agent Carter (though I do like both of those anyway, even if they aren't amazing). Daredevil is easily the best superhero show I've ever seen. The fight choreography is so good that the fights don't have that fake "staged" look that a lot of movies and TV shows have. They look like real fights.

Oh lord, there's more?
Will Jessica Jones be on Netflix at least? Having that constant availability does make it much easier to keep up with them.
Yep, there's going to be a few more series coming, and they'll all be on Netflix. Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist will all be getting shows. There will also be a team-up series featuring them, along with Daredevil, called The Defenders.

Major? Not really. One element of the show does play a part in the movie, but it's not a big deal. If you watch the show, you'll just be able to say, "Oh, so THAT'S where he got THAT from," near the end of the movie, but not seeing the related episode doesn't detract from it at all.

It was really excellent. Way better than Agents of Shield and Agent Carter (though I do like both of those anyway, even if they aren't amazing). Daredevil is easily the best superhero show I've ever seen. The fight choreography is so good that the fights don't have that fake "staged" look that a lot of movies and TV shows have. They look like real fights.

Yep, there's going to be a few more series coming, and they'll all be on Netflix. Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist will all be getting shows. There will also be a team-up series featuring them, along with Daredevil, called The Defenders.
Apparently Dr strange is supposed to make his debut in the iron fist series as well. I can't wait to see the sorcerer supreme on screen !!!!!!

Dammit, Ultron Steelbook was just pulled.

It was available and had it added to my cart this morning, now just shows unavailable coming soon.

Got both steelbook version secured at bby :) will pick up spare copy at local bestbuy on release date incase no damage shipment. Be safe or be sorry !

Dammit, Ultron Steelbook was just pulled.

It was available and had it added to my cart this morning, now just shows unavailable coming soon.
The Vision one is still available right now, if you're not too picky about which one you want. Personally, I do prefer the Ultron one too. I really liked him as a villain.

Do you live near a Best Buy to get there at opening to pick an Ultron one up before some neckbeard grabs them all up to flip? Hopefully, they come back in stock online though. I seem to recall the other ones going in and out of stock before release, and even after release, in the case of Guardians of the Galaxy.

I do and I'll be there at opening probably.. I should of just kept my original order and had them price adjust it but that's a lesson for next time... Plus I really don't think there will be none at opening aren't they also doing pre order cards in store on this one?

I do and I'll be there at opening probably.. I should of just kept my original order and had them price adjust it but that's a lesson for next time... Plus I really don't think there will be none at opening aren't they also doing pre order cards in store on this one?
Mcu steel books ALWAYS sell out on release day lol. I've never seen pre order cards for these either

Sucks that these aren't available for store pickup.  I get free shipping with BB so maybe I shouldn't complain too much, but I hate that there's a decent chance my steelbook is going to arrive beat up and I'm going to have to wait even longer to see the movie.

Hopefully they stock these well at launch.  I know this would make a good Xmas gift for my buddy if I can get my hands on the Ultron one.

bread's done
Back