* * * * * 7 votes

Gamestop: Trade-In List Value Bump 7/31-8/2

Gamestop trade-in

#1201 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   8255 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:28 PM

I went over $2k yesterday in less than a week.  NOt banned yet.

If the rule is $2K, then the way it works is that the next trade will notify you of the ban.  You could be banned and just not know about it.  The threshold does not prevent somebody from getting banned.  All it does is get you banned and therefore allow you to trade in over at the $2K mark.  Two very different things to distinguish.

Not saying to you specifically but if you want to figure out specifically what's going on you guys have to post exactly what went on in your situation.  Just saying "I got a notice" is useless frankly.  That's like saying "I got a speeding ticket" and not providing enough information as to exactly how fast you were going to get flagged.  The bans are being tracked on a PRO level and if you are in an area that requires a DL, then the ban is tracked on an ID level (which can span more than one PRO card).  A distinct condition that is also possible would be unloading over $1K in a day too.

Now playing:

:ps4: Mortal Kombat X, The Last of Us: Remastered

:xb1: Ori and the Blind Forest

#1202 ilikecheese9000  

ilikecheese9000

Posted Today, 05:29 PM

I have 19 codes left. I made a post on the GS Coupon Trading Forum.

#1203 GDark   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:29 PM

Any one have working codes that are not gonna be used? I just want one before they expire, I can offer $1.50 Amazon GC because it's all I have now. :( Thanks anyways and those who are giving them away!

#1204 ilikecheese9000  

ilikecheese9000

Posted Today, 05:30 PM

Double post.

#1205 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:30 PM

Still looking for a code or two. Message me please.

www.GamersVlog.com - Enter for game giveaways.

#1206 Johnnybeachboy   Need a CHEAP PS VITA CAGiversary!   1420 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Johnnybeachboy

Posted Today, 05:32 PM

I hate living in a shore town in NJ..... I CANT LEAVE MY DAMN HOME because of the parking situation.... If I leave I can't find parking and traffic will take me over am hour.... I luckily traded in stuff last week, but no time for finish trading in my stuff

TRADE LIST LINK BELOW: SELLING BRAND NEW PS4 and (DAY ONE EDITION) XBOX ONE

I am also selling off a portion of my trade list, please send me offers if interested. ENJOY. Help me clear some space!

#1207 ThunderChunky62   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   850 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

ThunderChunky62

Posted Today, 05:33 PM

I rarely trade in games but thus is to good to pass up. If anyone is feeling generous and could spare a code I would appreciate it. I really want to get a xbone

logo.jpg

#1208 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   27197 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:36 PM

seems my mail is down but  those who offered to sell me  a code for   8     sorry but passing     Getting the freaking  flu and done running for the day

WOOOO I STINK

#1209 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted Today, 05:44 PM

if have extra pm

I'm curious how many codes you've received for all your begging. I'm mad I gave you one now, even if it were a -7.

#1210 Kevlar338   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   764 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Kevlar338

Posted Today, 05:56 PM

I told myself I was done after making multiple trips the past few days but with profit like this you gotta strike while the iron is hot . Time to make another run .
Robocop vs Terminator for Sega genesis ... Probably my favorite game ever created .

#1211 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   1612 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:58 PM

Why? Were they "scratched"?

Yeah. I even told him to just wipe them since they were bluray. He wouldn't. Of course, I get home and do that and what do you know, they're gone now. This is why I avoid that particular GS.

644690.png

#1212 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   594 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:01 PM

Can anyone spare me a code? I owe a member a code and apparently the code I gave him didn't work and I know 100% that I didn't use it. If anyone can spare me a code, it will be greatly appreciated

#1213 htz  

Last warning

• Do not post your offers to buy or sell here. You can use the trading forum or the GS Coupon trade thread.
  • Do not beg more than once for a code.

I will be reviewing all posts(including deleted posts) after this one later on in the day. 1 week account ban if you ignore this.

#1214 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   4406 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Is it even possible to scratch Blu-rays? I never seen one scratched before.

#1215 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted Today, 06:04 PM

Apparently I got the trade ban a couple days ago.  I only traded two titles that I flipped from Best Buy.. Lego Jurassic World on xbone and ps4, and The Crew on xbone and ps4.  3 on each system, spread out over multiple stores, never two of the same title on the same system at the same store.  I went in to trade in a few titles from my backlog at home, and it got denied, stating "excessive trades".  

And funny story, the employee asked the manager about it, and he asked what my name was.  When he found out, he said "Oh yeah, the stores in this area all received e-mails about this guy..."

Like I'm some sort of criminal.  Who cares where I buy the games from that I trade in, or how many I buy.  After I finish using the last of my trade credit today to buy amazon cards, I'm done with gamestop.  And Loss prevention can take their trade ban and shove it up their ass.

Was this all in a day? Or in one week? geez

Earlier in the thread ppl were saying the 5th game gets you banned within a 30 day rolling calendar...

So if that is true too, I guess the 5th game must be same title regardless of platform I suppose... or maybe each district is different. 

#1216 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   26979 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:05 PM

Based on what I've heard, you'd need to deliberately scratch one with a screwdriver or something sharp--it's pretty difficult to accidentally scratch a Blu-ray disc.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: HarmoKnight; Pokemon Y :ps4: Rocket League; Shadow Warrior  :vita: Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition; Geometry Wars 3; Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:   :ps4: Ether One (4.0/5) :vita: God of War II (4.25/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

#1217 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:07 PM

Can anyone spare me a code? I owe a member a code and apparently the code I gave him didn't work and I know 100% that I didn't use it. If anyone can spare me a code, it will be greatly appreciated

did you send the code via the PM system on here (I think the site is bugged by a hacker but the sysadmin isn't aware, my firefox crashes a lot while browsing this site, guess I need to uninstall flash)? I wonder if someone is lurking the codes. If anything, just send them through email.

www.GamersVlog.com - Enter for game giveaways.

#1218 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   594 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:09 PM

did you send the code via the PM system on here? I wonder if someone is lurking the codes. If anything, just send them through email.

PM system and as soon as I got the code on the receipt, I gave it to him and threw away the receipt. I wasn't even selling/trading it. I was returning the favor he gave me a code for

#1219 Senusret   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   243 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Senusret

Posted Today, 06:19 PM

If anyone has a code to spare it would be appreciated in a PM, don't have anything to trade, but it's really my first time begging for anything on CAG.

On another note, I'm convinced that soon after this gamestop will start running ads proclaiming the largest selection of preowned games on the planet.

#1220 Ferrari Racer   Amiibo Wars: Wave 5 CAGiversary!   3568 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted Today, 06:22 PM

Have the values on the front page gone down yet?

iwata-laughs.png
Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.

#1221 outcast529   <3 CAGiversary!   149 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:23 PM

Have the values on the front page gone down yet?

I haven't seen any reports of value drops yet, but be sure to go today :)

#1222 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   1612 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:23 PM

You have to deliberately do it. All these were were scuff marks that could have been rubbed off but he didn't want to be bothered. I've always had problems with this guy (he's been there for 10+ years and the reason I avoid that store)

644690.png

#1223 Royal High Knight   Be the Spiderman CAGiversary!   4838 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Royal High Knight

Posted Today, 06:25 PM

Good news is, I did my trade in today and while I didn't make out like a bandit like others, I'm more than happy with the outcome.

Bad news is, at the first Gamestop I dropped and lost my copy of FE Awakening that I was planning on trading in and rebuying. 

Today's GS experience was bittersweet.  Thanks OP and the guy who made the TIV spreadsheet. 

#1224 cag1000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4489 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:26 PM

Yea I missed out on a code too and would Love one. PM me.

#1225 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   26979 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:33 PM

You have to deliberately do it. All these were were scuff marks that could have been rubbed off but he didn't want to be bothered. I've always had problems with this guy (he's been there for 10+ years and the reason I avoid that store)

Have you considered burning him on a survey?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: HarmoKnight; Pokemon Y :ps4: Rocket League; Shadow Warrior  :vita: Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition; Geometry Wars 3; Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:   :ps4: Ether One (4.0/5) :vita: God of War II (4.25/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

#1226 spug21   professor cheap cheap CAGiversary!   220 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:37 PM

as a former gs manager I am pretty sure 5 of the sames accy sku will get you banned as well as 3 of the same game sku. My 6 360 power adapters in a two week span should help confirm it.

till all are one

#1227 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   1612 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:50 PM

Have you considered burning him on a survey?

I already did. I probably should have just not traded in the other stuff I had because I now have no coupons, but I didn't want to risk the values dropping overnight and wasn't sure if I would even be able to get out today.

644690.png