* * * * * 1 votes

Windows 10!

#31 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20931 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:28 PM

If you dont want all that stuff going on, download this.

http://www.guru3d.co...0-download.html

Note that it blocks access to the Bing site.

Hmmm, need my Bing bux so I have to pass on that.

So far my only issue is that my onboard audio isn't working.  Read up on it and it seems to be an issue with the VIA audio and jack detection so I can't use my regular headphones.  I have a gaming headset that has USB connections so I am using that in the meantime until the driver is upgraded, but I can see how that would be an issue for some. 

#32 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3139 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:58 PM

Is Windows 10 pretty stable and compatible with most games at this point? Also, does anyone know if you have to have a legitimate version of 7 or 8 for the free upgrade? I heard you can now use a 7 or 8 key to clean install 10, but not sure if it has to be legit.

#33 fattbuddah   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   71 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

fattbuddah

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:23 PM

My only issue is saints row the third will not run if direct x 10/11 choice is picked at start up and saints row iv will not play correctly, the screen just keeps scrolling up and reappearsee on the bottom in a loop. Any suggestions would be appreciated, Google has not come up with anything for me.

#34 NESPowerGlove  

NESPowerGlove

Posted 29 October 2015 - 07:03 PM

I upgraded. It is alright, I was able to find an application online that makes Windows 10 look almost exactly like Windows 7. After installing that I like it even more, just make sure to disable all that tracking stuff windows enables by default. 

#35 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17260 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:39 AM

It's meh.....

Get an occasional blue screen when it comes out of hibernation mode....and sometimes shut down acts like reboot as it doesn't want to power off unless I push the power button.

#36 genolzoe  

genolzoe

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:11 AM

Do not upgrade to Windows 10.

#37 Megazell   Linux Gamer Closed Account   5388 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Megazell

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:10 PM

I had 3 family members over for Xmas. 2 Asus  and 1 Dell laptop. The Asus machines had Windows 10 but every time you closed the lid or went to sleep mode - the WiFi would turn off and never come back on unless you did a full reboot. I put them on Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon 64 Bit. So far they are in good hands.

The Dell laptop had a weird issue. Upon leaving any 3D game it would go mosaic for a few moments then the desktop would return but it would be at the resolution of the game the person had open. With no way to reset it because we could not see where to go to edit display resolution. I put this person on Lubuntu and got their games up and running with no problems.

Windows 10 has made this year extremely profitable for me and my family. Here's to 2016!

#38 Peezy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   282 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:52 PM

So a little pop up on the lower right hand portion of the screen on my laptop appeared saying I could upgrade to Windows 10 for free. So I am in the process of the download and it's pretty big! I was wondering does anyone have any hands on experience with Windows 10? What's your opinion of it? Also what are the Pros/Cons of it? 

Ive been using Windows 10 ever since it was released for free and before it I was using Windows 7 Ultimate.

I have noticed that when turning on your computer, the boot up is extremely fast.

I have not gotten any problems so far. I feel like its running smoother.

There are a lot of functions on it that I like, like email, notifies you when you computer is running slower than usual, news, cortana etc

You should atleast try it, if you dont like it, there is a button you can press to go back to your previous OS inside settings.

Also dont worry about your files, it will all be there at the same spot you left them.

#39 Peezy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   282 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:53 PM

I upgraded. It is alright, I was able to find an application online that makes Windows 10 look almost exactly like Windows 7. After installing that I like it even more, just make sure to disable all that tracking stuff windows enables by default. 

Which ones should I disable? and how?

#40 ragingst0rm6   Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain. CAGiversary!   2171 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

ragingst0rm6

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:57 AM

It's meh.....

Get an occasional blue screen when it comes out of hibernation mode....and sometimes shut down acts like reboot as it doesn't want to power off unless I push the power button.

This is apparently related to "fast boot" in advanced power options? Or at least, disabling that feature "fixed" this issue for me... although why it's broken is still a mystery to me.