- - - - -

Dell Promo Deals (now Wiki)

dell sony microsoft

#31 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:43 PM

Shipping varies. I've had games arrive between the day after release and the Saturday of release week.

#32 princemoonrise   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

princemoonrise

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:28 PM

I have a question regarding usage of these Dell promo gift cards.  Can you use it to pre-order a game of which has a release date that is after the card "expires"?  For instance, Splatoon comes out May 31 and my card from Majora's Mask 3DS expires May 20.  Can I pre-order Splatoon before the card expires and have it count towards it, even though they aren't supposed to "charge" anything till release?  I have a backup plan in case I don't want to chance it, but I was wondering if anyone here had experience with a situation like this.  Also wondering what happens in the case a game that is preordered is delayed, as I'm sure this would mess a bunch of people up if they didn't count the card towards a preorder that got its release date changed.

#33 BrainpanChicken   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   366 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

BrainpanChicken

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:34 PM

I have a question regarding usage of these Dell promo gift cards.  Can you use it to pre-order a game of which has a release date that is after the card "expires"?

Yes, I can confirm this works. I ordered GTA 5 for PC back in September with a couple of these promo gift cards and it just shipped. Those gift cards are now VERY expired!

#34 outsider   Psssh! CAGiversary!   144 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

outsider

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:32 PM

Has anyone had their MKX ship? I got in on the $25 promo w/ free overnight shipping but the website says estimated arrival date 4/17.  I can't cancel the order either apparently (not online anyway).  

#35 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:34 PM

Has anyone had their MKX ship? I got in on the $25 promo w/ free overnight shipping but the website says estimated arrival date 4/17.  I can't cancel the order either apparently (not online anyway).  

Mine says estimated delivery date 4/20 but I have next day business shipping so I talked to someone on dell online chat and he said that the game should ship tomorrow and I will receive it on Wednesday since I have next day shipping hope thats the case

#36 outsider   Psssh! CAGiversary!   144 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

outsider

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:39 PM

Mine says estimated delivery date 4/20 but I have next day business shipping so I talked to someone on dell online chat and he said that the game should ship tomorrow and I will receive it on Wednesday since I have next day shipping hope thats the case

OK that gives me some hope, thanks!

#37 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:41 PM

OK that gives me some hope, thanks!

yeah and Im hoping that the online chat guy was correct because you know how it is, they tell you one thing and another thing ends up happening. Got the game for 29 bucks shipped (Hope it comes with the Goro pre order anyway to find that out?) got Majora Mask 3DS on release day through Best Buy, but when I pre ordered Bloodborne I got it four days later so will see what happens tomorrow

#38 outsider   Psssh! CAGiversary!   144 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

outsider

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:45 PM

yeah and Im hoping that the online chat guy was correct because you know how it is, they tell you one thing and another thing ends up happening. Got the game for 29 bucks shipped (Hope it comes with the Goro pre order anyway to find that out?) got Majora Mask 3DS on release day through Best Buy, but when I pre ordered Bloodborne I got it four days later so will see what happens tomorrow

Yeah I know all to well how that goes.  I read somewhere when I did my research on preordering from Dell and from what I recall all preorders should come with the Goro DLC so we should be OK.

#39 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:12 AM

Yeah I know all to well how that goes.  I read somewhere when I did my research on preordering from Dell and from what I recall all preorders should come with the Goro DLC so we should be OK.

I will keep you posted on when mine ships. I was hoping for today(Like it did with Majora Mask) but I guess that is not the case with this game, it will most likely ship tomorrow and I will receive it on Wednesday) I cant wait to play it. Ive gotten many games but this one Im actually looking forward to play it the second I receive it..and hope we get Goro too :-)

#40 outsider   Psssh! CAGiversary!   144 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

outsider

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:18 AM

I will keep you posted on when mine ships. I was hoping for today(Like it did with Majora Mask) but I guess that is not the case with this game, it will most likely ship tomorrow and I will receive it on Wednesday) I cant wait to play it. Ive gotten many games but this one Im actually looking forward to play it the second I receive it..and hope we get Goro too :-)

Same here man, I'm hyped!  I'll keep you posted as well.  

#41 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:25 AM

If you receive your game before I do, please let me know about Goro, I assume it comes with ALL pre orders just not sure..hoping for the best :-)

#42 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:08 AM

I've never received a preorder bonus from dell and I've ordered many games that had bonuses elsewhere. For example I never got the free monster for preordering evolve, and that was a bonus for all retailers.

#43 BrainpanChicken   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   366 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

BrainpanChicken

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:41 AM

I've never received a preorder bonus from dell and I've ordered many games that had bonuses elsewhere. For example I never got the free monster for preordering evolve, and that was a bonus for all retailers.

Maybe it depends on the platform? I pre-ordered Evolve for PC from Dell. The key must have been flagged in Steam's system as a pre-order because it unlocked the Behemoth monster too. Perhaps Xbox One & PS4 required retailers to provide the bonus unlock codes separately? Through email / on the receipt? My copy of Evolve also had a yellow triangle sticker on it. I kinda thought that might be how they differentiated it from a non pre-order copy.

#44 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:46 AM

Yeah, preorder bonuses for console games are normally on the receipt/sent via email from other retailers. They never sent me any emails for bonuses. Maybe you have to call/email them about it? Talking to dell cs is not something I want to do lol

There's has never been mention of preorder bonuses on the item pages though, which is why i never bothered asking about them, since I had no leg to stand on.

#45 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:47 PM

Game has NOT shipped yet..talked to online chat they said it "Should" ship today, seriously it better I Really want this game! Has yours shipped yet?

#46 outsider   Psssh! CAGiversary!   144 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

outsider

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:09 PM

Game has NOT shipped yet..talked to online chat they said it "Should" ship today, seriously it better I Really want this game! Has yours shipped yet?

I chatted with the online folks and they said mine should ship 4/16, gave me some stuff about first come, first serve and all this other garbage which doesn't make sense in this situation but you know how Dell "CS" is.

No shipment info as of 3:00pm EST either.

Let me also add that on other PC items I have purchased from them lately I usually get notification from the carrier that an item is on the way prior to their website updating as "shipped" with tracking info.  There is some hope that it is actually shipped just not updated on their awesome site.

#47 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:15 PM

I chatted with the online folks and they said mine should ship 4/16, gave me some stuff about first come, first serve and all this other garbage which doesn't make sense in this situation but you know how Dell "CS" is.

No shipment info as of 3:00pm EST either.

Let me also add that on other PC items I have purchased from them lately I usually get notification from the carrier that an item is on the way prior to their website updating as "shipped" with tracking info.  There is some hope that it is actually shipped just not updated on their awesome site.

Mine has stayed like this:

Order summary Item: Mortal Kombat X - Xbox One

Delivery Date 4/20/2015

Talking to online chat is pretty much a waste of time I Think I will actually call them later. Two people have told me the game will ship today and that I should get it in the next business day but now, who knows..even though I saved a lot of money by buying this game from Dell who knows if the hassle was really worth saving the few extra bucks

#48 outsider   Psssh! CAGiversary!   144 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

outsider

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:05 PM

Mine has stayed like this:

Order summary Item: Mortal Kombat X - Xbox One

Delivery Date 4/20/2015

Talking to online chat is pretty much a waste of time I Think I will actually call them later. Two people have told me the game will ship today and that I should get it in the next business day but now, who knows..even though I saved a lot of money by buying this game from Dell who knows if the hassle was really worth saving the few extra bucks

Mine just shipped, they updated the website.  Says Fedex will deliver tomorrow

#49 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:23 PM

Mine just shipped, they updated the website.  Says Fedex will deliver tomorrow

Mine still says "In production" will keep on checking the site..your lucky!! Thanks for letting me know

Edit: YES IT JUST SHIPPED SO HAPPY not sure how its shipping yet since it just said it on the site I assume fedex like you

Edit: Yep its shipping FedEx express, coming from New Jersey and arriving here in LA tomorrow :-)

#50 outsider   Psssh! CAGiversary!   144 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

outsider

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:47 PM

Mine still says "In production" will keep on checking the site..your lucky!! Thanks for letting me know

Edit: YES IT JUST SHIPPED SO HAPPY not sure how its shipping yet since it just said it on the site I assume fedex like you

Edit: Yep its shipping FedEx express, coming from New Jersey and arriving here in LA tomorrow :-)

Awesome!  Now to wait on the Goro DLC

#51 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 15 April 2015 - 01:20 AM

I guess the GORO DLC will come on the box in the form of a sticker? I saw on xbox.com that they are selling Goro for 4.99 but we should be getting it included since we pre ordered it? If you get yours first let me know if it comes with it, I got the XBOX ONE version

#52 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:01 PM

Did you receive your game yet? Mine is arriving today its already out on the truck for delivery..did it come with GORO??

#53 outsider   Psssh! CAGiversary!   144 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

outsider

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:12 PM

Did you receive your game yet? Mine is arriving today its already out on the truck for delivery..did it come with GORO??

Hey there, just saw this.  I got the game yesterday but no Goro DLC :(

You?

#54 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:46 PM

Hey there, just saw this.  I got the game yesterday but no Goro DLC :(

You?

Nope no GORO..didnt come in the box or the receipt

#55 outsider   Psssh! CAGiversary!   144 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

outsider

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:53 PM

Nope no GORO..didnt come in the box or the receipt

I guess it cost us $5 to get him.  Oh well :/

#56 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:54 PM

I guess it cost us $5 to get him.  Oh well :/

I did the online chat both Microsoft and Dell and both had no idea how to help me..but Microsoft did give me two free months of XBOX LIVE LOL guess I got lucky but still no goro :(

#57 theleprechaun   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

theleprechaun

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:39 AM

Do we anticipate a Splatoon deal soon?

#58 neonlights326   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

neonlights326

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:12 AM

Do we anticipate a Splatoon deal soon?

My fingers are crossed and my body is ready.

#59 daring  

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:40 AM

got my $25 for majora's mask but nothing immediate to buy before expiration.  can someone recommend something. 

i really dont want to use it on a ps4 charger....

#60 kevinmlssu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

kevinmlssu

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:07 PM

got my $25 for majora's mask but nothing immediate to buy before expiration. can someone recommend something.
i really dont want to use it on a ps4 charger....

My credit expires the day before E3 so if nothing else jumps out at my I'll just use it for Xbox bucks.