- - - - -

Dell Promo Deals (now Wiki)

dell sony microsoft

#1531 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:36 PM

I tried doing a PM to Amazon.com (game was shipped and sold by Amazon.com).

They refused to do the PM because "this item is sold by Prime."

I cannot wait to get out of the Dell Promo Card cycle.

#1532 bouda  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:59 PM

I don't get it...their policy clearly states they don't PM the week before and after Thanksgiving. Why give you a lame excuse?

#1533 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:01 PM

I don't get it...their policy clearly states they don't PM the week before and after Thanksgiving. Why give you a lame excuse?

If that was the reason, fine.  No problem.  But sold by "Prime"?  :wall:

#1534 bouda  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:15 PM

If that was the reason, fine.  No problem.  But sold by "Prime"?  :wall:

If they're not giving the BF excuse. I would try again with another rep.

Hopefully you don't get the rep I got one time that didn't even know what a pre-order was.

#1535 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:18 PM

If they're not giving the BF excuse. I would try again with another rep.

Hopefully you don't get the rep I got one time that didn't even know what a pre-order was.

It's not worth it. It's like a $3 difference. This is my last cert and it doesn't expire until February, so I'll just wait. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

#1536 UltimateIdiot911  

UltimateIdiot911

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:27 AM

Is the price exclusive to Prime Members? If so, retailers generally would not match since it is membership pricing.

#1537 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:46 AM

Is the price exclusive to Prime Members? If so, retailers generally would not match since it is membership pricing.

No, it just says "Prime" next to it like virtually every product shipped and sold by Amazon.

https://www.amazon.c...-JiL&ref=plSrch

#1538 RiceGuyEh   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:42 PM

Do they no longer offer this promotion? Haven't been around for a while. I locked in a $25 gift card to Gran Turismo a while back and was gonna switch to Horizon.

#1539 bouda  

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:16 PM

Pretty dead for awhile now, although they do update and add new items...but yeah, dead as far as the pre-order GCs go.

It's a real shame, because they really turned it around lately. They fixed the GC problems, started using better packaging, no problems with shipping delayed games, etc.

Getting stuck with 2-day shipping for late week releases still sucks though. I should be getting Gravity Rush 2 today.

I think some of the rolling died though. They redid their membership rewards so you don't getting the extra 5% GC if you paid with promo GCs. I think it affects new orders but not old orders.

#1540 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3625 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:38 PM

Yep, I've basically been burning the last of my gift cards on Xbox credit since I've been waiting until the last minute hoping new deals will pop up that never do.  I'm sure they'll do it again eventually, but i'm kind of glad they don't since I need to get away from them and their inconsistency with their deals.  It's was pretty good while it lasted.

Dell will price match some major places like Amazon and Best Buy, so that might be another way to use up credit, too.

#1541 Trenchalicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Trenchalicious

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:57 PM

Every game I got from this stupid place had a broken case. Do they step on them after they put them in a bubble mailer? Also ordered a TV from them and of course the screen was cracked. As soon as I burn through my credit and rewards which they now pretty much killed, I can safely say I will never order from them again unless the discount is obscene.

#1542 RiceGuyEh   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:17 AM

So after having to stay on the phone with support for well over an hour, I was able to get my $25 gift card re-issued as a $25 off promo code. The original gift card was used to pre-order Gran Turismo when it was still scheduled to be released this past holiday I cancelled the pre-order and the gift card had expired at this point. So good on them for re-issuing it as a promo code. But...they don't even have For Honor listed on the site. The game is out in 2 weeks, what are the chances of them listing it before then?

Also, can I combine said $25 off promo code with other forms of payments? Like a promotional gift card? It's a discount code, not another gift card, should work, no? I imagine the $25 off promo gets applied, then you add your actual form(s) of payment.

This thread is so dead lol. 

#1543 Trenchalicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Trenchalicious

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:45 AM

Yes, you can combine up to 3 forms of payment.

#1544 AwRy108   AwRy108 CAGiversary!   2058 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:33 PM

Every game I got from this stupid place had a broken case. Do they step on them after they put them in a bubble mailer? Also ordered a TV from them and of course the screen was cracked. As soon as I burn through my credit and rewards which they now pretty much killed, I can safely say I will never order from them again unless the discount is obscene.

What, your games are shipping in bubble mailers? Every game I've ever ordered from Dell--which has been a lot due to last year's GC promos--have arrived in white baggie-type mailers with 0% insulation. Quite a few of the cases have had damaged corners or damage disc spindles. The only reason I nevered bothered with trying to return them is b/c of the epic GC deal train I was riding on; but my last batch of GC's (4 in total) is due after Horizon ships, so I'll be done dealing with them as soon as I spend them. Overall, I'm still saddened that the GC gravy train has crashed, 'cause, damn, I was getting better deals on day one versus waiting for rapid price drops + GC.

Oh, and for FWIW, I did order a highly reviewed Vizio 4K TV from them last Spring during a price drop+$200 GC deal, and the TV arrived right away and in perfect condition. Sorry for your extra bad luck.

#1545 RiceGuyEh   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:20 PM

If anyone has anymore Dell promo codes left, I am interested in buying them. Let me know

#1546 bouda  

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:38 PM

Some good deals for a PS4 especially if you were lucky enough to get the $75 AMEX promo.

$250 PS4 Slim /w UC4

Choice of:

- $50 gift card

- controller (including silver)

- select game (GTAV, NBA2K17, WWE17)

- XCOM2 + Bioshock Collection (+$5)

- XCOM2 (-$20)

Cashback sites @ 8%