Xbox One Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians Console- Available to Preorder. $499

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Console

en-INTL-PDP0-XboxOne-Biggs-Console-Bundle-KF6-00058-P3.jpg

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.319985900?icid=XboxOne_2015_10_ModA_BTS_Biggs_080315

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-limited-edition-halo-5-guardians-1tb-bundle/123695?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-Jyn76FWXcYqQm2tVV..d_Q

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0136JP9OS/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-one-1tb-limited-edition-halo-5-guardians-bundle-black/4356601.p?id=1219735500072&skuId=4356601&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-f5E3QnGMPmRrffoNR0qWbw

Controller

en-INTL-L-XboxOne-LE-Halo5-Gridley-Wireless-Controller-GK4-00005-mnco.jpg

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Xbox-One-Limited-Edition-Halo-5-Guardians-Wireless-Controller/productID.323132300

Master Chief Controller

en-INTL-L-XboxOne-LE-Halo5-Blossvale-Wireless-Controller-GK4-00011-mnco.jpg

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Xbox-One-Limited-Edition-Halo-5-Guardians-%E2%80%93-The-Master-Chief-Wireless-Controller/productID.323132400

Of course this happens right after I buy a new car *cries*

The Xbox One Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians Bundle 1 includes:

• Custom 1TB Xbox One console2
  • Custom Xbox One wireless controller with 3.5mm headset jack
  • Spartan-themed SteelBook case with Halo 5: Guardians Limited Edition full game download
  • Guardian model by Metal Earth
  • Exclusive DLC: Warzone REQ Bundle and more

Last edited by a moderator:
Exclusive DLC? Is this different than what comes with the collectors edition of the game?

Also I hate the whole steelbook with digital code thing. Just give me the disc!

Looks nice but not for me.

Warzone req packs are cosmetic items and weapons you can buy for warzone, their big 24 player multiplayer mode.  You will probably be able to buy them for $$ and probably with XP or goals/etc like battlefield, cod, etc.  So its a bit of a minor boost, but nothing you can't get elsewhere.

I'm one of the biggest halo fans but between me switching to ps4 and the price I think I'll pass,$500 is pretty high when you consider the Destiny ps4 console is only $400

I do like the design though, it's up there with the cod aw one,I mite get it one day if I can get a crazy deal on it used

Any idea what this means?

[3]Impulse Triggers available in supported games. See www.xbox.com/xboxone/compatibleheadsets for headset compatibility details.
Also, I'd like to know more about this "Guardian model by Metal Earth." It's probably the same thing that comes with the LCE, but that thing is tiny so this bundle might be overpriced. I'll keep an eye on it, thanks OP.

i am not surprised they finally announced this, seeing as halo is their biggest selling franchise

but the price kills it, i can see it dropping to $399.99, if it is not limited

I love this design, but not the $100 premium.  I'm holding out for the Forza 6 1TB model.  That's a sweet looking box as well, but for $399. 

Exclusive DLC? Is this different than what comes with the collectors edition of the game?

Steelbook with a digital download 0_o
Well, they DID say people who get the $250 CE and its digital code will have a means of exchanging the code for a disc. I'd hope (nay, EXPECT) the same would happen for those who drop $500 on this thing.

Any idea what this means?

Also, I'd like to know more about this "Guardian model by Metal Earth." It's probably the same thing that comes with the LCE, but that thing is tiny so this bundle might be overpriced. I'll keep an eye on it, thanks OP.
Yeah, it's the same figure. it's not huge, but I'm glad it's there. I was torn because I wanted to get the $100 LE and its steelbook and the figurine, so I'm glad this comes with it.

Oh, balls. Now I have to buy that controller as well. I NEED IT.

Wanted to post this separately, since a lot of people are bringing up the price. $500 really isn't that bad. The CoD AW console came with a digital copy of the game, a 1 TB HDD, and the special console and controller. That ran $500 as well. Granted, they've now changed that paradigm by going to $400 with the Forza 6 console, so I can get this disappointment on the $100 price bump for Halo 5's console. It DOES seem excessive, I was expecting $400 and am now a bit unsure I want to drop that much on a second console (I'd probably sell my current one for about $200 to fund it).

Still, the Halo 5 console DOES come with the added physical goodies from the $100 LE. Even then, those are only a $40 price premium over the $60 base games, so $100 is still hard to defend. I don't know what to think. They've got a precedent for $400 and a precedent for $500. This bundle DOES come with more than any previous bundle has, but those extras cost regular game buyers $40, not $100. I really can see both sides of the argument, and I'm bothered by the sticker price myself. I think $450 would have made more sense, especially for us GCU-wielding CAGs who can get the LE for $80, only $20 more than what the plebeians are going to pay for the base game.

OK. Pre ordered on Microsoft website. No shipping charge unlike Gamestop (ugh) and your CC is charged a week within release. 

This thing looks sick! 

Why get this when we live in a world of $400 Madden, Forza, & FIFA bundles?
Because I don't want another bland console, I don't want FIFA, I can wait 6-8 months for Madden to be added to EA Access for free, and while I intend to get FM6 on its own (and probably the controller), I much prefer having a Halo 5 console to the Forza 6 console, even if it means paying the extra $100 to get that steelbook and figurine (and another set of unicorn armor!).

Sell the digital game for cost of physical game at gcu cost. Then sell the dlc hopefully at what the unicorn cost prices.

I hope best buy throws it up on their site soon. I have some gift cards and credit burning a hole in my pocket.

Yeah, what the hell is this? That's a few of these empty steelbooks now. Makes no sense at all. Almost as bad as the collectors editions that don't even include a voucher (i.e. you pay $100 or $200 for collectors edition, and then have to buy the game separate). This industry is going to hell in a handbasket with these insane practices... but I guess as long as there are dummies to buy these crazy products it will continue to get worse.

That being said, the $499 is a dealbreaker either way even if it included the disc and better "swag" or a season pass. Would still rather have Forza console for $399. I don't see an extra $100 value here vs. Forza console, or $150+ compared to base console.

Pretty console, but not worth the $500 price tag in my opinion :( Why would they include a steelbook but not the game disc? Oh well!

With Amazon having so many consoles, looks like scalping will be impossible this year? That will be good.

Once again, here's a steelbook for your code!

I just don't get Microsoft.
I think I'm going to pick this up. And I would prefer the code. I have multiple X1's setup in my house so my son and I can play the same copy of a digital game at the same time. This is so much better in my opinion

Yeah, it's still a hassle though. You won't be able to play on first day and you probably have to wait for a week for your disc.
Well, you can buy the console a week early, maybe that's by-design for this specific purpose. That, or maybe they'll do the smart thing and let you play the digital game, register it for a replacement, send the disc, then remove the digital permission after 2 weeks, rather than leave people with no game.

I'm probably in the minority here but I would mich prefer a console to match the master chief controller.

That being said the $500 price tag is too steep for me to buy a 3rd xbox one!

I'm probably in the minority here but I would mich prefer a console to match the master chief controller.

Indeed, I intend to sell my current one to offset the cost. Best Buy and GameStop are giving about $200 each for the console as it is, so I should AT LEAST get that, if I try to sell it to someone online or on CreepList in another couple of months. That'll get the price down to about $300, and then a Mover's Coupon can cut off the tax rate and a little more.

Nope not alone I think that would be sweet too. If I wasn't getting the elite controller I'd be getting that one too. Only reason I see that Microsoft went with the "Locke" console is that they are playing up his character and they already had a green master chief Xbox 360. That being said this one still looks sweet and as soon as it goes up on bestbuy.com I'm ordering it.

I was hoping they would base the console on locke, love his armor, but after seeing the MC controller I think they should have done a MC console to match it, like the halo 3 one

I'll prob get the MC controller down the line used if I can, same with the console,I have owned every LE Xbox console before I switched to ps4, would hate to break that tradition lol

Should have a second controller like the Halo 4 360 console... especially with that silly $500 price tag. Maybe they'll drop the price a week before release like they also did with the Halo 4 console when they realize again, it's a ridiculous price point.

Can we pre-order this console at any gamestop? I was looking to get one now that the rare replay is out and it's going to be doubling as a DVR. I pay $10 a month on a DVR so I see this as a investment when they enable the feature

That'll get the price down to about $300, and then a Mover's Coupon can cut off the tax rate and a little more.
Are there movers coupons that work after 8/31?
Or maybe use it on a preorder, and pay in full?
Or you're speaking of the $5 off 50 coupon.

Orrrr...

bread's done
Back