* * * - - 4 votes

Best Buy Ad 8/9-8/15

#91 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:07 PM

In for x1+ps4 madden. Gonna boomerang 2x preowned copies to get additional $10 off. I can get only one $10 reward cert applied to my gcu, correct even if I buy more than one copy?

#92 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4044 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:14 PM

Toy Soldiers: War Chest is tempting, does anyone know if this the new game with He-Man and G.I. Joe or is this a re-release of the first two? Had no idea this was coming to retail at all. 

#93 oldgoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:28 PM

Toy Soldiers: War Chest is tempting, does anyone know if this the new game with He-Man and G.I. Joe or is this a re-release of the first two? Had no idea this was coming to retail at all. 

Yep, it's the new one with He-Man and G.I. Joe.  The other two armies that were announced about a month ago are Assassin's Creed and Cobra Commander.

http://www.bestbuy.c...9&skuId=3747033

#94 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5538 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:35 PM

Yep, it's the new one with He-Man and G.I. Joe. The other two armies that were announced about a month ago are Assassin's Creed and Cobra Commander.

Holy shit. I thought you both were kidding. This is a day one but for me. Awesome!

#95 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4044 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:42 PM

Yep, it's the new one with He-Man and G.I. Joe.  The other two armies that were announced about a month ago are Assassin's Creed and Cobra Commander.

Awesome, I'll pick this up for sure! Still a little miffed that they put in Assassin's Creed instead of an actual toy line like Thundercats or something else from the 80's, but stoked about having Joe, Cobra, and He-Man face off! It's going to be like my childhood all over again!

#96 Lumas101  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:47 PM

There is an item missing from the ad here. Halo Master Chief Collaction 500GB Xbox One system and Samsung 40" TV model 40J5200 bundled together for $499.98. It's on the back of the flier.

If I'm looking at the right TV, that retails for $430 in the first place? It's too bad that I don't need a TV or an XBox One, because I'd be all over that.

#97 Optical   Go Big Red CAGiversary!   911 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:55 PM

Does best buy care if the game has the case or not in a trade in? Also for the best deal ($10 pre-order rz credit, 20 trade in gc) you need to trade in Madden 15 first, get the gift card, then pre-order to get the $10 rz credit?

#98 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8499 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:08 PM

Does best buy care if the game has the case or not in a trade in? Also for the best deal ($10 pre-order rz credit, 20 trade in gc) you need to trade in Madden 15 first, get the gift card, then pre-order to get the $10 rz credit?

As a rule, they do not care, but some (very few) individual stores will enforce their own policies such as not taking disc-only. Also, in some markets, due to local pawn laws, you need to have bought the game from BB to trade it at BB.

The timing of the preorder is not important, I.e. if you already preordered there is no need to cancel (unless you preordered online, the coupon can only be used for in-store preorders). Trade the game and you will get a coupon and a gift card. You use the coupon when you pick up the game, not when you preorder. There is no requirement to use the gift card to pay for the pickup either, you can use any valid payment method(s).

#99 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5538 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:20 PM

If I'm looking at the right TV, that retails for $430 in the first place? It's too bad that I don't need a TV or an XBox One, because I'd be all over that.

No shit. I was gonna buy my kid a small TV for his birthday. I'm tempted to buy this and have a second Xbox One in the house. That TV is $430 everywhere if it's the same one...

#100 Lumas101  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:23 PM

No shit. I was gonna buy my kid a small TV for his birthday. I'm tempted to buy this and have a second Xbox One in the house. That TV is $430 everywhere if it's the same one...

Father of the year, plus a $70 MCC Xbox One. Seems like a good deal.

#101 jskatt21   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:35 PM

Madden 15 currently goes for $20 used at BB, would make it break even but getting the coupon if nothing else.

I might do this, go buy the used version. Of Madden 15 for PS4 with 10% GCU, then trade in and get my money back and the $10 coupon to boot.

#102 HelloooNurse  

HelloooNurse

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:39 PM

LOL, you guys don't even realize this ad is fake. Everyone know Nintendo games don't go on-sale.

The Mario Party 10 is tempting, but the game reviewed SO badly, and the concepts of the gameplay are horrid. I really wish they'd done a better job, because I miss Mario Party. I'll have to continue to sit and wait on Woolly World, after the highly disappointing news that Super Mario Maker is solo-only. How they even thought that was smart is beyond me.

Many of Big N's E3 announcements had me scratching my head. Only solo play on Mario Maker (like you mentioned), a Metroid game without Samus, and--the most puzzling of all--essentially a Legend of Zelda: Three Swords game instead of Four Swords. 

when_someone_has_done_a_good_job-13369.g

I can't decide whether I should wait to rebuy Mario Kart. Think it and Smash will go lower this fall?

#103 Lil Frier  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:50 PM

Many of Big N's E3 announcements had me scratching my head. Only solo play on Mario Maker (like you mentioned), a Metroid game without Samus, and--the most puzzling of all--essentially a Legend of Zelda: Three Swords game instead of Four Swords. 

when_someone_has_done_a_good_job-13369.g

I can't decide whether I should wait to rebuy Mario Kart. Think it and Smash will go lower this fall?

I really doubt it. The closest you might get to cheaper would be a potential B2G1, but do those even happen with Wii U games? I guess they happen on all used games, but then you risk generic boxes and manuals, if you care about such things. If you have other games to play until then, waiting won't kill you, but I wouldn't wait if all you want is a straight-up price drop. Nintendo doesn't have the library to warrant permanent price drops.

#104 Jonkai  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:45 PM

So can I get the bumped trade-in value for my pre-order, or do I have to wait for the game to come out?

#105 Lil Frier  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:50 PM

So can I get the bumped trade-in value for my pre-order, or do I have to wait for the game to come out?

It'll start when this ad starts.

#106 OL DIRTY   Oooh Baby, I Like It Raw. CAGiversary!   344 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

OL DIRTY

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:55 PM

Guess this will be the time to trade in my copies of the Madden 15 Ultimate Editions that were never opened.  It's pathetic they were on the backlog and never got touched.

#107 Jonkai  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:00 PM

It'll start when this ad starts.

Lol yea just realized it was kinda silly question

#108 kaseyjakes   CAGGY CAGiversary!   135 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

kaseyjakes

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:17 PM

now I can finally get mario kart! just need to get my refurb wii u now

#109 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4350 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:25 PM

Gonna grab Smash Bros on Sunday. Been a while since I've played my Wii U at all, but my Fiance was asking about the game and I have friends who will like to play as well

#110 Jonkai  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:35 PM

p.s. amazon has some pretty cheap used Madden 15 copies as well

#111 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:11 PM

I preorder the SSB bundle from bestbuy shortly after getting GCU, traded in the game, bought it on sale at target, trade it in during the real in tents sale of gamestop. And now my brain is fighting over picking it up again with trade in credit from 3 witcher 3's from a gamestop B2G1 tomorrow.

idontevenlikefightinggameswhatamidoing

#112 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10230 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:47 PM

The Toy Soldiers:  War Chest game releases on Tuesday right?  How does Best Buy already have pre-owned versions of this game (that apparently released on 7/14)?

http://www.bestbuy.c...s=960&keys=keys

#113 Sonicyogurt   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   107 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Sonicyogurt

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:23 PM

The Toy Soldiers:  War Chest game releases on Tuesday right?  How does Best Buy already have pre-owned versions of this game (that apparently released on 7/14)?

I'm assuming it's a placeholder.  It's only available for store pickup, but no stores around my neck of the woods, Charleston SC, New York, L.A., or San Francisco have a used PS4 copy in stock.

#114 oldgoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:11 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...s=960&keys=keys

That's a good question.  It appears as though the links are dead now anyway, although the listing still exists.  Best Buy never makes mistakes, right?

#115 skrilla99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

skrilla99

Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:42 AM

So, $60-$10(coupon)= $50x.8 (GCU)= $40-$20(tiv) = $20. Plus $10 GC (pre-order)= net $10 bucks to upgrade? If so, why not, I'm in!

#116 collven   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   62 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:01 AM

Anyone think there would be an issue trading in the Ultimate Edition of Madden instead of the regular version?  I'm wondering if I should just trade it in without the case since the disc art is the same.

#117 DRV   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   216 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:26 AM

How do you do a trade-in at Best Buy?  Is it done at Customer Service or at one of their registers?

#118 BYONDSharp   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   275 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

BYONDSharp

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:19 AM

How do you do a trade-in at Best Buy?  Is it done at Customer Service or at one of their registers?

Customer Service handles the trades.

#119 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Trading Ban   13744 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:21 PM

Can you trade in more then 1  copy of Madden15 towards Madden 16

#120 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:36 PM

Can you trade in more then 1 copy of Madden15 towards Madden 16

On separate transactions. That's what I'm doing. I don't think you will get two $10 coupons if you trade both of em in