CAGcast #415: Put a Ring on It

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Time VR cover, Galak-Z, Pixels, It Follows, Gamescom news, and so much more!
Download (1 hours 15 minutes) - iTunes - Stitcher - RSS

https://audioboom.com/boos/3447228-cagcast-415-put-a-ring-on-it

Get $5 off your order (with free shipping) at http://www.harrys.com with coupon code cagcast

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Outro
RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook
Youtube (Subscribe)

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how Cheapy said he had to cut the zombie movie with a daily show episode.

I like the kind of horror that will stay with me and never have me stop thinking about it.

9e07cd603f7e79b0855a7bde7f29241a.jpg

Since it is now the Halloween season can Watch this Bitches be all about horror movies now? Here's a good shortlist: Don't Look Now, Jacobs Ladder, House of the Devil, Trick R Treat, The Thing, Tucker & Dale vs Evil, Hatchet, or Dead Alive. My personal favorite is American Werewolf in London, the nightmare scene is one of the craziest things I've ever experienced.

I like funny in my horror movies cutting against the horror, like Abbot and Costello meet Frankenstein, the titular duo walk into the Wolf Man's room and see everything slashed and smashed, Costello says: "Whoa he must have really tied one on!" The idea that they assume the Wolf Man is just  a wildly destructive alcoholic makes me giggle.

BREADS DONE.

The It Follows discussion nearly made me spit coffee everywhere. fuck ing elephants is CLEARLY the best way to deter the Follow monster. Why not trap and fuck a bird of some kind or a dolphin? I'm sure they'd be difficult to catch.

Per the film's director/writer/creator, wearing a condom will not stop the curse from transferring AND the entity could hypothetically board a plane or ship to travel to another continent/country to get you.

I'm really glad I've already seen and loved It Follows, because the shitshow of a description you gave it here would have actively dissuaded me from seeing it.

How to avoid zombie aids?

Shipwreck - Move to a different continent.

Wombat - Have sex with an entire police department.

Good to have the CAGcast back.  I was intrigued by Galax-Z till I heard how much harder it gets in season 2, at which point I lost interest.

I loved the Rare Replay talk.  The coolest part was Wombat saying how his daughter was really into Viva Pinata and then I remembered way back to year 1 of the CAGcast when Wombat was completely into Viva Pinata.  It's amazing how quickly 10 years and now 3 console generations has gone by,  Keep making CAGcasts because even after almost 10 years I'm still listening.  

CheapyD needs to watch the first episode of Black Mirror. In that episode the Prime Minster of the U.K. is told that he has to screw a pig in order to save a princess, because terrorists have the princess. It's on Netflix.

Definite Halloween Watch This Bitches: Hannibal (TV), Pushing Daisies.

I saw that Black Mirror. That was totally interesting, and it was very political talk.

I wasn't too impressed with CheapyD's description of "It Follows." But I loved Wombat and Shipwreck's take on it. Zombaids with an elephant? How about Thanos or Galactus? That would be awesome.

I might go to the CAGmeet, but couldn't stay that late. Now if there were an all day thing on the weekend, I'd consider it more.

Local comic store just got in a ton of toys from the 1980s, though they are in pieces, they did have some MASQUE.

The curse from It Follows didn't kill the victim by beating them or eating them. It did a very specific thing that killed the victim. Think the boy across the street. So the curse would do that to the elephant as well. 🐘

Of the Gamescom announcements I'm surprised you didn't discuss Scalebound. It looked pretty badass to me.

Since CheapyD will be moving into a house does that mean he will be getting a car?  If so has he already started looking?

With Shipwreck's home theater near complete I was wondering if he will get his projector calibrated?

Thanks

I posted yesterday in the other Cagcast thread, but it probably won't be seen:

Does the code for Harry's still work?  I keep getting an "Invalid" message.

Since CheapyD will be moving into a house does that mean he will be getting a car? If so has he already started looking?

With Shipwreck's home theater near complete I was wondering if he will get his projector calibrated?

Thanks
A GTR right?

Speaking about the PS4 external hard drive support. The only thing I can think of is Sony's bone head decision to not have any USB ports on the back. Its going to look pretty ugly having cables running from the front.

Great show!

I know it's not a huge deal in the long run but it does bother me a little that they chose to have that as the cover on TIME. I'm excited for VR and want people to understand that it's better than the old VR that was laughed out so many years ago.
TIME cover for reference (note: it is hilarious):
2918213-vr.jpg

Palmer Lucky, himself has even commented on it saying he loves it.. "People have said, 'Oh, this is going to set virtual reality back so far.' I'm like, are you guys really giving that much importance to an old-media cover?" he said. "It's insignificant in the scheme of this massive explosion in virtual reality's popularity. I love the cover; I think it's great."

I haven't seen the "It Follows" movie but is it a ghost?  Is it smart?

Otherwise why wouldn't you just go Terminator 2 on the thing -- aka have the thing follow you into a steel mill and drop it into the molten metal.  Even if the heat / fire doesn't kill it, when the metal cools it would be trapped and you would probably die of old age by the time the thing got out.

Look, Wombat...I love you. I totally had your back during the whole Ep. 198 schism, when the guys elevated teasing into just being jerks.

However, you need to be more confident. Shipwreck likes you. Cheapy likes you. They don't have to come by your office to prove it (hint: NOBODY ever wants to go by someone else's office...especially on a vacation). 

Stop looking for tokens of the guys' affection (worrying about Cheapy coming to your house for the 4th, etc.) and just be cool. Be friendly. Be funny. And it will all be fine.

Another great podcast!

A note for the next podcast...I just pre-ordered 3 games for the WiiU since there were some wearable buttons if you did so through Best Buy. Mario Maker, Sky Fox and the new Yoshi game. Will these be the last WiiU games? 

Not wearing shoes is a definite Rich Man, Poor Man.

If you think VR is possibly endangered by a magazine cover, then there is a bigger issue with VR at play there.

The only people knocking chatpads are people that have never used chatpads.

Tell me of a quicker way to respond to a message while playing a game. Is it set down the controller, pull out your phone, swipe to turn it on, log onto smartglass and then type the message.....or is it to go to messages on the console and start typing? No need to put the contoller down and pick up another device..it's all right there in your hand.

Of course you can also go to the messages on the console and then used the D-Pad to pound out a message....but anyway you look at it...the chatpad is the best way to enter text in the console.

I thought I was pretty good at remembering what stuff happened in which episode, but remembering that episode number takes the cake.
I just remember it because it was a couple of eps shy of the 200 mark, and I was wondering if they'd make it to that benchmark.

I love this show, and I've been listening for years, but that's the only ep whose number I remember, lol.

Note: I also posted this over in the CAGbag thread, but I thought I'd copy-paste it here too since you guys might not see it there:

Hey guys, this is Nathan from the CAG Meet-up at Barcade.

Thanks for a kickass night and for being such humble and gracious hosts.  It really means a lot when your heroes measure up to how you picture them and it was totally the case this time.  You were all really polite and inviting to me and the other CAGs who showed up.  After following the CAGcast for the past 8 years (and retroactively going through the first 2 years), it's just been a natural habit to listen to your weekly conversations in my commute to work. 

So, as a fan of the great dynamic you all have on the show (and in true Wombat-fashion), I thought I'd share the cool "swag" I got from tonight's event with the rest of the CAG community:

First off, I had to get each host to sign the cover of what I thought was their appropriate "favorite" game:

nvqwpl0l.jpg

They'll look great on top of my 360 collection:

XYEfZwMl.jpg

CheapyD, Wombat, and Shipwreck were nice enough to each take a photo:

XzzNUSll.jpg

7CxdVncl.jpg

2oqrguUl.jpg

And of course I got to play some awesome arcade games (a ton only a quarter, which was crazy!) while drinking a great draft beer.  The CAGs that showed up that I talked with were really cool dudes, too.  Talk about a top-notch community.  Cheapy was even buying rounds for everyone.

To sum up:  Great night, great friends, great hosts.  Thanks again!

bread's done
Back