Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:37 PM

GameStop;

Xbone

PS4

Update:

Amazon;

Xbone - Out of Stock

PS4 - Out of Stock

#2 Linkgx1   No White Knights! CAGiversary!   974 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:40 PM

Fuck. I have a PC and an Xbone. I have the collector's edition pre ordered for the Xbone but it seems the PC will be better. Damn. 

#3 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4014 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:42 PM

Glad I got my copies from Best Buy when they became available.

#4 Cloudx9  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:49 PM

I think Gamestop is the last remaining retailer that hasn't listed restocks for this (until now of course). All other retailers had these up and sold out the last 2 weeks.

#5 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:06 PM

Unrelated gamestop thingy:

New PSP 3000 systems were available today on the site before noon. Of course I missed it.

#6 SquallX41269   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

SquallX41269

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:20 PM

Just pre ordered....i'm still keeping my original version for BB on pre order just incase something happens.  Thanks OP :)

#7 khoido   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   204 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:08 PM

I think Gamestop is the last remaining retailer that hasn't listed restocks for this (until now of course). All other retailers had these up and sold out the last 2 weeks.

Best Buy had a restock on this? I've been waiting for it to become available again so I can use my GCU discount. Is there a way to set an availability alert?

#8 Cloudx9  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:36 PM

Best Buy had a restock on this? I've been waiting for it to become available again so I can use my GCU discount. Is there a way to set an availability alert?

Yea last Friday, it was up from like 10am to about 5pm CST. Try using nowinstock.com

#9 lqlegit  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:45 PM

Ugh idk if I want to pay $100 plus 12.50 for shipping on gamestop or just wait and hope BB gets more again if people cancel. GCU plus $10 credit is what I wanted.

#10 pdjones   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 12:54 AM

Pretty sure you don't get $10 credit for the collector's edition.  Just the regular edition.  That's how they've always done it in the past anyway.

#11 SrDiesel49  

SrDiesel49

Posted 08 August 2015 - 12:57 AM

didnt hestitate this time like i did last week with bb nabbed a ps4 version thanks op.

#12 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8359 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:06 AM

Unrelated gamestop thingy:

New PSP 3000 systems were available today on the site before noon. Of course I missed it.

I didn't know they carried them anymore. The PSP I had died last year or so, and I've been looking to replace it. Thanks for the heads up.

#13 leylines   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1078 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:08 AM

Pretty sure you don't get $10 credit for the collector's edition.  Just the regular edition.  That's how they've always done it in the past anyway.

If we're talking about Best Buy, the $10 rewards credit shows up on the collector's edition page.

#14 Jose_ole   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Jose_ole

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:18 AM

Any chance some orders get cancelled or am I totally fine?

#15 fredyyy  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:28 AM

but what's really special about getting the special edition for metal gear or other games? a plastic hand that I could buy later maybe for $5 at GS?

***I'm not trying to offend anyone at all maybe if you convince me I will get one myself lol

#16 highoffcoffee496   I gotta believe! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

highoffcoffee496

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:39 AM

thanks for this! now i can cancel my xbox version from bb cause i missed out on the ps4 version previously 

#17 The Holy Pretzle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1942 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

The Holy Pretzle

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:11 AM

but what's really special about getting the special edition for metal gear or other games? a plastic hand that I could buy later maybe for $5 at GS?

***I'm not trying to offend anyone at all maybe if you convince me I will get one myself lol

Why would GS sell a CE-exclusive item stand-alone?  Has that ever happened with any CE?  Let alone for $5.

#18 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6111 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:24 AM

Oo, the baby-hand edition is back in stock ...

#19 fredyyy  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:30 AM

Why would GS sell a CE-exclusive item stand-alone?  Has that ever happened with any CE?  Let alone for $5.

hmm forget about the hand. it might not show up anywhere esle..but is there anything special about the collector edition I'm missing?

#20 Cloudx9  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:48 AM

hmm forget about the hand. it might not show up anywhere esle..but is there anything special about the collector edition I'm missing?

It's a collectors item meant for serious MG fans. The fact that you have to ask these questions means that you probably don't care enough about this series to warrant getting one of these anyways, but it is a big deal to hardcore Metal Gear fans. But just to answer your question, aside from the arm, it also comes with steelbook (which lots of CAGs here also appreciates), making of bluray, map, and some in game content. It's not really bad at all for $100 if your a serious MGS fan. Plus this is Kojimas final game and very possibly the final MGS main title.

#21 fredyyy  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:54 AM

No I definitely like metal gear. I already pre-ordered the day one edition, but I wasn't sure about what's special about the collector's edition. Is it possible that BB will have the limited edition open again? or is it over?

#22 Cloudx9  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:04 AM

No I definitely like metal gear. I already pre-ordered the day one edition, but I wasn't sure about what's special about the collector's edition. Is it possible that BB will have the limited edition open again? or is it over?

It's definitely possible for them to have it again. Some people who preordered will cancel and some people will get theirs canceled due to payment issues.

#23 domoniccc  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:03 AM

MGS is my favorite series, but this bundle has nothing I actually cafe for : - /

#24 DemonsMaster   Jrpg Addicts Anonymous CAGiversary!   1739 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

DemonsMaster

Posted 08 August 2015 - 12:56 PM

Pretty sure you don't get $10 credit for the collector's edition. Just the regular edition. That's how they've always done it in the past anyway.

Collectors editions are always included in the $10 promotion.

Just myself I've gotten the $10 for the CE of mkx, watch dogs, Destiny, South Park ($20), gta v, and Im sure more but can't think of them, I just know I never have an issue.

#25 vanlandw   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1796 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

vanlandw

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:03 PM

Please delete...

#26 Bombarded   Banned Banned   2531 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Bombarded

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:08 PM

These probably won't be that rare and most likely amazon will have them up after release. By the way, does gamestop charge tax online even if you use trade credit?

#27 fredyyy  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:28 PM

These probably won't be that rare and most likely amazon will have them up after release. By the way, does gamestop charge tax online even if you use trade credit?

you think so about amazon? how do you know... did that happen before with other games

also, are the bonus DLC's that comes with CE on the disk itself, or maybe I can purchase them later separately?

#28 The Holy Pretzle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1942 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

The Holy Pretzle

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:38 PM

you think so about amazon? how do you know... did that happen before with other games

also, are the bonus DLC's that comes with CE on the disk itself, or maybe I can purchase them later separately?

Most CE's this day are overproduced, or at least they used to be.  I don't see it happen a whole lot anymore but the most recent was the MKX CE which is readily available everywhere at a little over half the MSRP.  

#29 SrDiesel49  

SrDiesel49

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:14 PM

Most CE's this day are overproduced, or at least they used to be.  I don't see it happen a whole lot anymore but the most recent was the MKX CE which is readily available everywhere at a little over half the MSRP.  

comparing metal gear to MKCE is not really a great comparsion past MKCEs also struggled to sell or like your assumption they may have been overproduced. CE's like fallout and metal gear have a solid history of being popular and being sold out quickly shortly after release.

#30 Cloudx9  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:26 PM

Most CE's this day are overproduced, or at least they used to be. I don't see it happen a whole lot anymore but the most recent was the MKX CE which is readily available everywhere at a little over half the MSRP.

Actually, it seems to be the opposite. Beginning this year, CE seems to be more and more rare, with MK X CE or Arkham Knight CE being more of an exception nowadays. Seems like CEs are not as available these days after launch compared to even just last year. Look at Fallout 4 Pipboy Edition, COD Juggernog Edition, Witcher 3 CE, Majoras Mask CE, or even Elder Scrolls online (only a few here or there after release). These are all barely available or not at all after release and certainly won't make it to clearance status like all CEs before it. Part of the reason I think is because retailers no longer want them in stores sitting there taking up valuable shelf space. They rather sell 90% to 100% of all allottment in preorder phase.