- - - - -

MGSV:PP CE Open Pre-Orders for Xbone/PS4

#31 Yankeessuck193   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   160 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Yankeessuck193

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:27 PM

Anyone know if it'll get to me on day one (regardless of shipping option)? Never ordered online through Gamestop before. Thanks!

#32 fredyyy  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:32 PM

Anyone know if it'll get to me on day one (regardless of shipping option)? Never ordered online through Gamestop before. Thanks!

good question. Also, I noticed the coupon "saver" doesn't work. Anyone knows if there is any promotion code I could use to lower the cost? :P

#33 usagi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1190 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:32 PM

These probably won't be that rare and most likely amazon will have them up after release. By the way, does gamestop charge tax online even if you use trade credit?

Yes they do charge tax online for all payment methods.  Just pre-order in-store if possible or ship to the store for free with credit card, then return/rebuy with trade credit when it comes.

#34 kupomogli   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   121 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:44 PM

Gamestop shipping is crap.  I had some Gamestop credit so I used it to get Operation Abyss with their free shipping option.  It wasn't a preorder.  The store closest to me didn't have any copies so I ordered online instead.  It took 13 days to receive the item and it was packaged in a cheap non bubble wrapped envelope.  Where the hell is Gamestop's shipping offices located in?  China?  Japan?  Like many first edition Atlus games now days, the game came with a sort of limited edition cardboard slipcover that included the game and soundtrack CD, but thanks to Gamestop, the cardboard slipcover was crushed all to hell.

My opinion after this?  If it's a collector's edition with anything damageable, don't ever get it shipped from Gamestop.  Order from literally anywhere else where they'll include any decent sized packaging in a box.  Best Buy, Newegg, and Amazon ship everything in a box 95% of the time.  Either that or I'm just lucky with those three companies. 

#35 usagi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1190 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:45 PM

These probably won't be that rare and most likely amazon will have them up after release. By the way, does gamestop charge tax online even if you use trade credit?

Yes they do charge tax online for all payment methods.  Just pre-order in-store if possible or ship to the store for free with credit card, then return/rebuy with trade credit when it comes.

#36 fredyyy  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:47 PM

I think if you're in CA you will be charged tax anyway

#37 Yankeessuck193   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   160 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Yankeessuck193

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:55 PM

Double post

#38 Yankeessuck193   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   160 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Yankeessuck193

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:56 PM

Gamestop shipping is crap.  I had some Gamestop credit so I used it to get Operation Abyss with their free shipping option.  It wasn't a preorder.  The store closest to me didn't have any copies so I ordered online instead.  It took 13 days to receive the item and it was packaged in a cheap non bubble wrapped envelope.  Where the hell is Gamestop's shipping offices located in?  China?  Japan?  Like many first edition Atlus games now days, the game came with a sort of limited edition cardboard slipcover that included the game and soundtrack CD, but thanks to Gamestop, the cardboard slipcover was crushed all to hell.

My opinion after this?  If it's a collector's edition with anything damageable, don't ever get it shipped from Gamestop.  Order from literally anywhere else where they'll include any decent sized packaging in a box.  Best Buy, Newegg, and Amazon ship everything in a box 95% of the time.  Either that or I'm just lucky with those three companies. 

Yikes! Well, I already preordered it & it's already getting really tough to find these at any other retailer so I may just hope for the best.

#39 Bombarded   Banned Banned   2531 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Bombarded

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:15 PM

you think so about amazon? how do you know... did that happen before with other games

also, are the bonus DLC's that comes with CE on the disk itself, or maybe I can purchase them later separately?

Yeah it happened with some collectors editions such as bloodborne. Amazon is usually the first to restock after release day. I think it took 2-3 months for them to restock bloodborne CE though

#40 SrDiesel49  

SrDiesel49

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:21 PM

Yeah it happened with some collectors editions such as bloodborne. Amazon is usually the first to restock after release day. I think it took 2-3 months for them to restock bloodborne CE though

amazon is also quick on putting up canceled orders back for sale. 

#41 Cloudx9  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:21 PM

CE restocks have purely been on a game by game case. Some never see the light of day after selling out. Some only have availability after launch due to a few cancellations, some have an actual restock where company made more after launch. I'm more inclined to believe number 2 for the MGS V CE.

#42 Cloudx9  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:58 PM

Update: PS4 now OOS, Xone still available.

#43 fredyyy  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:19 PM

Yeah I ordered mine from GS :)

#44 mariokart64   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

mariokart64

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:37 PM

i think its back up at gamestop for both xbox one and ps4.