* * * - - 2 votes

Best Buy: Trade-In Madden 15 for up to $30 off Madden 16 8/9-8/22

Best Buy

#61 FunkyDawg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   518 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:46 AM

well i pre ordered through amazon for $48 but $30 is better so will cancel my pre order through them. will

this work trading in madden 15 ultimate edition for the x1?

It should be fine. It will just ring up as regular Madden 15 for the Xbone. That would be it. I don't see them having a special SKU in their trading system for limited/ultimate editions. 

#62 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:02 AM

well i pre ordered through amazon for $48 but $30 is better so will cancel my pre order through them. will

Yes

#63 ragingpdm  

ragingpdm

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:41 AM

Just pre-ordered mine the other day. Something seems off though. I'm so confused by this offer I just said whatever and let them do their thing. If I upload a pic of the receipt, will someone who understands what's what with this offer tell me if they did the transaction correctly or not. Thanks

#64 dealzg  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:46 AM

Just pre-ordered mine the other day. Something seems off though. I'm so confused by this offer I just said whatever and let them do their thing. If I upload a pic of the receipt, will someone who understands what's what with this offer tell me if they did the transaction correctly or not. Thanks

If you are worried because the GCU discount doesn't show up on the pre-order receipt, then you should be fine. You won't see the GCU discount until you actually purchase the game. Just make sure they apply the $5 from your pre-order when you pick it up.

#65 ragingpdm  

ragingpdm

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:11 PM

If you are worried because the GCU discount doesn't show up on the pre-order receipt, then you should be fine. You won't see the GCU discount until you actually purchase the game. Just make sure they apply the $5 from your pre-order when you pick it up.

I actually didn't even put $5 down. They used the $20 from the giftcard you get

#66 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8491 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:36 PM

As has been mentioned, for most situations, GCU is a great deal, and you should consider getting it. If you do not, however, then whether you buy from Amazon or BB is pretty much a wash. BB costs less out of pocket, but Amazon is technically $2 cheaper, unless you can't find sonething else at BB to spend the $20 GC on.

Either way, you are spending money + your copy of Madden 15, but if you keep your Amazon preorder, your cost is $48+tax, and you end up with the game and a $20 BB gift card. If you cancel your Amazon preorder to get it from BB, your cost is $50+tax (you can use the $20 gift card as part of your payment, but you still pay tax on $50). So it really depends on your situation and if you'd find another use for that $20 BB gift card.

If you can afford the $30 GCU membership, though, get it before you trade (I think you may be able to do it in the same transaction). It'll get you $2 more on the trade, and save you $10 more on the game, so you'd only be out $18 extra for now, and you'd have 2 years to recoup that and save much more.

#67 mastagoalie   long live games and 420 CAGiversary!   364 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

mastagoalie

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:55 PM

I wish they would do this for NHL too!  but they won't and I can't get the ultimate edition for this as I have never played MUT. 

#68 d1rtyyyy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   15 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

d1rtyyyy

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

Currently posting on craigslist trying to find a cheap copy of 15 for around 10-15 bucks, then turn that into $30 trade in for the preorder I already have. Great deal. Worst case scenario I buy a used copy at Best Buy for 19.99 (17.99 after GCU) then turn that into $30.

GameFly has Madden 15 on Xbox One for $11.49 + Free Ship with your 10% Membership Discount. I just ordered it and plan to do the BBUY trade-in offer for Madden 16.

#69 chadomac  

chadomac

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:03 PM

not the right topic here but curious about the GCU now.  does the discount apply to skylanders figures and disney infinity figures? with 3.0 coming  out this could save a bunch of cash for me?

#70 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3461 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:30 AM

another option but won't get you much discount off of your total is to boomerang a PO copy (currently $20 preGCU).  If you have GCU, you'll get $22 (paying $18) TIV.  Calculations as follows presuming you have GCU (-20% on Madden 16, +10% TIV on Madden 15):

$60 game

-12 20% GCU

-10 trade in coupon

+18 buy PO Madden 15

-22 trade in Madden 15

= $34 left

-$10 in certs netting cost of about $24 not including any taxes on the purchase of the PO M15 and new M16.  Likely play it for a week or two and trade it in near $40 makes it a bit of a money/credit maker plus whatever points you get for your trade in and purchases.  I'll do this all in BB credit so at the very least, it would end up a free 2-3 week (or more?) rental.

#71 pstash78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:29 AM

not the right topic here but curious about the GCU now.  does the discount apply to skylanders figures and disney infinity figures? with 3.0 coming out this could save a bunch of cash for me?

Yes.

#72 Captain N The Game Master  

Captain N The Game Master

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:56 AM

I bought two on eBay for $27 shipped. Just turned in to best buy for $44 & received two coupons for $10 off. The cotton codes are identical sku #s. Customer service rep said no problem to use both on release. Looking like someone on CL is going to snag a copy on release day for a grea price. Time to use my $20 cert as well. Has anyone else noticed the reward certificates are only good for 40 days? I recieved an email yesterday awarding me $20 & said use by September 12. Wth???

#73 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1528 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:34 AM

Really want to get this game but dont have Madden 15..the cheapest I can get this game for is 50 bucks on amazon(Same for best buy with the GCU after tax) not sure what to do

#74 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:17 AM

Really want to get this game but dont have Madden 15..the cheapest I can get this game for is 50 bucks on amazon(Same for best buy with the GCU after tax) not sure what to do

Madden 15? Buy it on eBay for $15

:xb1: http://www.ebay.com/...box one&_sop=15

:ps4: http://www.ebay.com/...15 ps4&_sacat=0

#75 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   608 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:14 PM

My god! I had the WORST experience trying to do this shit earlier. This location is pretty good but the girls at CS were terrible.

I honestly don't even know where to begin. Long story short, they didn't understand how I was getting $30. One of the bitches ended up saying that I had to trade in the actual console to get the promotion.

Seriously.

Anyhoo, if anyone is interested I can go into detail because it's pretty unbelievable. Ended up working out after about 40 minutes.

#76 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:22 PM

My god! I had the WORST experience trying to do this shit earlier. This location is pretty good but the girls at CS were terrible.

I honestly don't even know where to begin. Long story short, they didn't understand how I was getting $30. One of the bitches ended up saying that I had to trade in the actual console to get the promotion.

Seriously.

Anyhoo, if anyone is interested I can go into detail because it's pretty unbelievable. Ended up working out after about 40 minutes.

I would have taken the weekly ad that should be up by customer service or at the door and showed them the promo. 

#77 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8491 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:27 PM

Seriously.

Doesn't the coupon print automatically with the trade? Why would any discussion be necessary?

#78 sladeums   fnord CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:36 PM

Seriously.

You don't need to discuss this with anyone or guage any employees knowledge of the promo, just do it.

$15/$20 TIV comes up automatically and the coupon prints with every trade of an eligible title ... the employee has no influence over any of this.

#79 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   608 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:37 PM

Doesn't the coupon print automatically with the trade? Why would any discussion be necessary?

Exactly. I don't understand what the hell they were talking about. I mentioned the ad a shit load of times until I went and grabbed it for them cuz they were moving. That still wasn't the end though.

#80 mchittumjr  

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:58 PM

If I bought Madden and traded it in the same week what is the normal trade in value? $40? $30?

#81 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3461 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:00 PM

If I bought Madden and traded it in the same week what is the normal trade in value? $40? $30?

varies sometimes.  $30-40 is typical.

#82 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1178 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:29 AM

So far I traded 4 maddens, 4 different coupons. Moving that gs credit

#83 Bombarded   Banned Banned   2531 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Bombarded

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:48 AM

I got a used copy of ultimate edition xbox one for the same price as the regular version pre owned. Who would've thought gs sells used copies of those.. They didn't have a pre owned copy of ultimate edition ps4 though. Any tricks to get different coupons?

#84 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:51 AM

I got a used copy of ultimate edition xbox one for the same price as the regular version pre owned. Who would've thought gs sells used copies of those.. They didn't have a pre owned copy of ultimate edition ps4 though. Any tricks to get different coupons?

Best Buy treats the Ultimate Edition as the same as the regular edition. 

#85 pstash78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:52 AM

You don't get more or less for the ultimate editions to your trade-in than the $20 gift card promo value ($22 w/ GCU).

#86 Bombarded   Banned Banned   2531 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Bombarded

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:18 AM

My bad I meant GS sold me a copy of the ultimate edition for the same price as the regular version. And I was shocked they were selling a pre owned copy of the UE which has a code inside

#87 Vid387  

Posted 14 August 2015 - 01:03 PM

My bad I meant GS sold me a copy of the ultimate edition for the same price as the regular version. And I was shocked they were selling a pre owned copy of the UE which has a code inside

They can't guarantee a pre-owned game would have an unused code.  Therefore they treat it the same as the regular version.  Any unused code is a bonus.

#88 nordic1229   The Ultra n00b CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

nordic1229

Posted 14 August 2015 - 01:17 PM

I went ahead and placed an order at BB for a pre-owned copy. I thought about trying to find it cheaper but it's probably not worth the hassle for me.

I got lucky and found someone posting games on a facebook yard sale site. Scored it for 10 bucks.

#89 Bombarded   Banned Banned   2531 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Bombarded

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:42 PM

They can't guarantee a pre-owned game would have an unused code. Therefore they treat it the same as the regular version. Any unused code is a bonus.

I see. Good thing I asked the dude if the code would work so he just gave me the code from the new copy they had behind the counter

#90 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   3976 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:13 PM

Is upgrading from 15 to 16 even worth a dollar? What is changing this year?