- - - - -

Best Buy - Astro A40 for Xbox One $159.99 with GCU

#1 Jackovasaurus   And ya say Chi-City CAGiversary!   1409 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Jackovasaurus

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:42 PM

So, I just bought one of these on my lunch break, and to my surprise, the headset rang up $159.99. I confirmed this on the website to see if it wasn't an error on the cashier's part, and sure enough the headset is discounted in the cart to $159.99.

I haven't check other headsets to see if they're GCU eligible.

Happy Monday everyone.

#2 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10812 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:51 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...headsets-143259

Fine print:

Save $40 on Select Astro and Skullcandy Gaming Headsets

Add a headset below to your cart and save $40. To take advantage of this offer, you must be a My Best Buy® Gamers Club Unlocked member. Find out more about My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked.

Not available in store.

#3 ZabaZu  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:51 PM

So, I just bought one of these on my lunch break, and to my surprise, the headset rang up $159.99. I confirmed this on the website to see if it wasn't an error on the cashier's part, and sure enough the headset is discounted in the cart to $159.99.

I haven't check other headsets to see if they're GCU eligible.

Happy Monday everyone.

A different pair of Astro's worked, but a Logitech gaming headset didn't work.  Maybe it is a glitch?

EDIT: See what chnandler_bong said lol.

#4 Jackovasaurus   And ya say Chi-City CAGiversary!   1409 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Jackovasaurus

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:54 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...headsets-143259

Fine print:

I bought mine at a store though.

#5 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10812 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:54 PM

This pair seems to be the best bang for the buck as they show $39.99 in cart after the discount.  They have 4.6/5.0 stars so they may be good, but does anyone have personal experience with "Skullcandy - SLYR Gaming Headset for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC - Black?"

#6 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10812 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:56 PM

I bought mine at a store though.

Chances are they are actually providing the discount in-store for all of them, but since that goes against the terms of the promo I would spray YMMV all over that. :)

#7 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:02 PM

Is there one for all system

#8 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10812 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:06 PM

Is there one for all system

Do you mean a headset that works on all the major consoles?  The Xbox One is an odd ball in that unless you have one of the new controllers with a built-in headset jack you need to get the Stereo Headset Adapter to add a headset jack.  I've loved mine for as long as I've had it, but when Microsoft releases the official chat pad later this year (which has all the same functionality of the Stereo Headset Adapter, plus a backlit keyboard, plus more) I'm going to move to that.

EDIT:  To conclude what I was saying, once you get that adapter for :xb1: you should be able to use the same headset on all current gen consoles.

#9 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:56 PM

I have the Sony gold headset is good for Xbox one too

#10 IncreaseBlue   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

IncreaseBlue

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:03 PM

The one bummer I have about this sale is that this discount doesn't apply to the regular A40s sans mixamp. Good deal on Astros though!

#11 dc_fortythree   This was a triumph CAGiversary!   464 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

dc_fortythree

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:18 PM

I have the Sony gold headset is good for Xbox one too

thats what i use since they come with a 3.5mm optional cord. but cant confirm if the mic works on Live.

#12 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:58 PM

Do you mean a headset that works on all the major consoles?  The Xbox One is an odd ball in that unless you have one of the new controllers with a built-in headset jack you need to get the Stereo Headset Adapter to add a headset jack.  I've loved mine for as long as I've had it, but when Microsoft releases the official chat pad later this year (which has all the same functionality of the Stereo Headset Adapter, plus a backlit keyboard, plus more) I'm going to move to that.

EDIT:  To conclude what I was saying, once you get that adapter for :xb1: you should be able to use the same headset on all current gen consoles.

Just to further add, the stereo adapter by MS is good for all prior gen console headsets.  The current gen headsets like the second generation A40's (that are being advertised at BB) come with it's own stereo adapter.  In this case, the Mixamp M80 that comes with the A40 functions as the stereo adapter so if somebody were to get these, they wouldn't need to invest in the stereo adapter.  

I'm in the market for a new headset for my Xbone but I'm still researching my options at the moment.  This deal might help me out if I end up getting Astro's.  Thanks OP - good to know!

#13 synnarc   Lord of the VRAM CAGiversary!   1558 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:04 AM

I use my Astro A50's on all consoles as well as the PC.