Legend of Legacy: Launch Edition (3DS)

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
Legend of Legacy launches for the 3DS on Oct. 13. All preorders come with a 6x8 box, hardcover artbook and CD. 

It is priced at $39.99. 

Looks similar to Bravely Default and, for those that played it, the DS' Four Heros of Light. 

*I did a search and did not see this game. Posting in deals because you can miss out if you don't pre order and it comes with some sweet stuff. 

Links:

Best Buy

Amazon

Gamestop

Edit:

Atlus confirming pre order gets you launch edition via Twitter - (not sure why CAG not showing link)

https://twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/631973867980914688

Here is Game Informer confirming http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_legend_of_legacy/b/3ds/archive/2015/08/13/fancy-launch-edition-on-the-way.aspx

Inside artbook: (pretty cool) http://issuu.com/atlususa/docs/lol_artbook_issuu

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont do collectors things, but if I go to get it and I see it, aill buy it and give the collectors items stuff away. Thanks for the heads up.

Anyone play the JP game and can comment on difficulty when compared to Bravely Default or Shin Megami Tensei IV? I like RPGs but I don't have time for hard mode RPGs anymore :\

Game will bomb hard. It's one of those hard to enjoy Jrpgs. It's a freaking Saga game. Will wait for $20 Clearance. 

Anyone play the JP game and can comment on difficulty when compared to Bravely Default or Shin Megami Tensei IV? I like RPGs but I don't have time for hard mode RPGs anymore :\
A handful of the reviews i've seen, have been mostly positive and say that it can be very challenging. The battle system actually requires strategy instead of brave/brave/brave/brave.

I appreciate the CDs even though I will never open them. I like the shape and art of cover. But yea, I don't even think I have a CD player if I don't count game consoles.
Do you have a PC? Unless things have changed recently, those drives will read audio CD's just fine.

Best Buy IS getting this edition right? I dont see mention of it on the pre-order page
I would assume so. The launch day edition seems to have been announced very recently, so should probably give Best Buy some time to update it if they ever will. In my opinion, they tend to be very slow when it comes to updating any information about limited or launch editions of a game.

People who've played this game have compared it to SaGa Frontier. Seeing as how that's one of my 30 favorite games ever, this is a no-brainer for me, especially with GCU for $32.

I've had this preordered for a month now at Best Buy. One of the games I'm looking forward to besides Stella Glow. 3DS is getting some great RPGs this year

[quote name="neb9" post="12864806" timestamp="1439550550"]I've had this preordered for a month now at Best Buy. One of the games I'm looking forward to besides Stella Glow. 3DS is getting some great RPGs this year[/quote]
Yep, I've been looking forward to both of these as well. Just pre-ordered from Best Buy, $31.99 with GCU for this is a fantastic deal. Just beware, BBY loves to ship these boxes in envelopes. My Etrian Odyssey 2 just came that way and the box was slightly smushed. If you do pre-order this from BBY, make sure you do in store pickup to avoid any damage.

Yep, I've been looking forward to both of these as well. Just pre-ordered from Best Buy, $31.99 with GCU for this is a fantastic deal. Just beware, BBY loves to ship these boxes in envelopes. My Etrian Odyssey 2 just came that way and the box was slightly smushed. If you do pre-order this from BBY, make sure you do in store pickup to avoid any damage.
My EO2 copy came in an envelope also. It was in good shape. I'm not concerned with the boxes too much and I hate driving to Best Buy. The only reason I shop there is for the GCU.

I picked up the SMT 3DS launch package, which was very similar to this, and it was a great deal for the price. For those that are still skeptical, I got it at GameStop, mainly because BB ONLY had preorders for the "launch" version of the game. So, if you are most definitely interested in getting this particular game at BB you will probably want to pre-order it. Happy gaming everyone! 

A handful of the reviews i've seen, have been mostly positive and say that it can be very challenging. The battle system actually requires strategy instead of brave/brave/brave/brave.
The US release is supposed to have rebalanced difficulty based on player feedback.

The US release is supposed to have rebalanced difficulty based on player feedback.
I mainly hope that the game isn't linear like Bravely Default. I like exploring and going my own path, beating some side boss and getting cool loot that is worth your time.

Does anyone have links to reviews?

I get weary when I see preorder bonus and Atlus on an ad because months later people are always like "I got the limited edition" when it goes on sale at a amazon or something

I get weary when I see preorder bonus and Atlus on an ad because months later people are always like "I got the limited edition" when it goes on sale at a amazon or something

Honestly that's the consumers fault for being gullible. "Limited edition" does not mean rare or low quantities. It means only a set amount were made. It can be 1,000 or 1,000,000.

This was on my list and I was waiting to see if they'd do a free bonus edition.

In for one at Best Buy with GCU.  I love getting soundtracks on CD that I can rip and put on my NAS.  Huge ass files be damned.

October 13th is shaping up to be a bit bonkers:

Corpse Party: Blood Drive (VITA)

Dragon Quest Heroes (PS4)

The Legend of Legacy (3DS)

Rainbow Six Siege (XONE)

Rodea the Sky Soldier (WIIU+3DS)

Shovel Knight (XONE)

The Tales Principle (PS4)

Will the CD play in my PsOne? Thx
Hell yeah. If it's any good, you could even use it as a soundtrack for some of your other PSX games. I used to take games that used Redbook audio(ie CD music tracks), pop the game out, and put in a music CD in to replace the in-game music with whatever i wanted. Kicked ass playing Ridge Racer with a metal soundtrack. Only catch was you had to put the game disc back in when you reached a new stage/area that required loading, or the game would freeze up. In the aforementioned Ridge Racer, there was essentially only one track, so once it loaded, you could race while listening to the music of your choice to your heart's content.

This was on my list and I was waiting to see if they'd do a free bonus edition.

In for one at Best Buy with GCU. I love getting soundtracks on CD that I can rip and put on my NAS. Huge ass files be damned.

October 13th is shaping up to be a bit bonkers:

Corpse Party: Blood Drive (VITA)

Dragon Quest Heroes (PS4)

The Legend of Legacy (3DS)

Rainbow Six Siege (XONE)

Rodea the Sky Soldier (WIIU+3DS)

Shovel Knight (XONE)

The Tales Principle (PS4)
Rodea was pushed back to November 10th. It was just announced the other day so not surprising you missed it

http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/12/9144719/rodea-the-sky-soldier-delay-release-date-wii-u

Hell yeah. If it's any good, you could even use it as a soundtrack for some of your other PSX games. I used to take games that used Redbook audio(ie CD music tracks), pop the game out, and put in a music CD in to replace the in-game music with whatever i wanted. Kicked ass playing Ridge Racer with a metal soundtrack. Only catch was you had to put the game disc back in when you reached a new stage/area that required loading, or the game would freeze up. In the aforementioned Ridge Racer, there was essentially only one track, so once it loaded, you could race while listening to the music of your choice to your heart's content.
Hmmm. You're telling me I could play OG Ridge Racer while also playing the Mortal Kombat soundtrack from the Sega CD version? I can't wait to get home.

I went ahead and preordered it. If someone misses out on it, ill hook you up with the stuff, sans the game, if you foot the shipping

I have not heard great things about the story, but I have heard they are making changes to the game based on feedback from japanese players...I wonder what they are.

bread's done
Back