Guillermo Del Torro vows never to work on a video game again

What sucks is that del Toro has an eye for quality, and could very well produce a quality game with a great developer on board, like Kojima for example. It's clear with P.T. that him and Kojima had something special. I hate to see him never see his vision fulfilled. 

I wouldn't doubt some major studios try to get him on board for a game. But I imagine he'll want to work with a company that wont end up scrapping their games. 

This is because Konami are fucktards plain and simple.  This is not his fault, Konami are just idiots when it comes to creating new franchises as well as making money with existing franchises outside of MGS and Castlevania.

Konami could have created a whole Bemani like Capcom's arcade cabinet, selling DDR 1st Mix, 2nd Mix, etc. in packs as well as Beatmania, Beatmania III and IIDX.  The bottom line is while that package across XBL and PSN wouldn't have been a huge cash cow it would've made a decent infusion and they totally overlook that idea, idiots.  When it comes to leaving money on the table in terms of microtransactions Konami's stupidity knows no bounds.

Though truthfully Capcom seems like one of the few Japanese gaming companies who has an inkling of how to make decent money via online transactions, barring the debacle that is "Asura's Wrath".  Koei, Atlus, Idea Factory and Namco are the few others(Idolmaster, nuff said).

bread's done
Back